Author Topic: Alexandra Flanagan - 33 - Murdered - July 2007 - Barrie, ON  (Read 73822 times)

theanna

• View Profile
Re: Alexandra Flanagan - 33 - Murdered - July 2007 - Barrie, ON
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2009, 01:06:44 PM »
This article is the XTRA I believe a gay/lesbian newspaper. Is it important that Alexandra was possibly lesbian? She was a hairdresser too.

Bonnie Jack was a lesbian said a newspaper report I read. The writer of the letter in the newspaper linked says that police suffered homophobia in the investigation into Alexandra's disappearance and did not take the report seriously despite family protests that she would not disappear voluntarily.

There are a few persons of interest in this case, I wonder if any are women?

http://gay.web.ca/node/67

Wow.. i am just going to take the high road and exclaim that.. that is ridicilious. i am from barrie, and i was here for the entire invegestagtion.. they took it very seriously regardless of her sexual prefrences.... her body was found in pieces all over barrie.. that is why the invesigation took so long...wow i just cant believe that was said...
nothig against you... becuase your just repeating what you read however, maybe you neeed to re think your sources.

thanks.

Diane S

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2009, 10:09:35 PM »
My Mother, KATHLEEN SANDERSON (age 70) was tragically DROWNED last year in Kempenfelt Bay in Barrie, Ontario on April 21, 2008.   Her body was found at approximately 6:30 a.m.  Her TRAGIC death was reported and her name posted to the internet at 08:01 A.M.   This was long before I was notified as next of kin of her tragic death.

I have a major problem with that!!!  What ever happened to notifying the next of kin first?  And then for days I was interrogated by the Barrie Police and was questioned for hours and was even suspected of killing my mom.  My mom was the last person on earth that I ever would have done any harm to whatsoever!!!!  I loved her like no one else in the world, why on earth would I KILL HER???  Someone did kill her however, but the Police would rather call it a tragic accident and are trying to get me to buy the idea that she just slipped and fell into the lake and drowned accidentally. This is NOT the truth however, and I have been silent too long.  I may get arrested for voicing this, but I don't care anymore.  My mother deserves the respect and decency of the truth being told once and for all.  She was killed, murdered in cold blood by someone.  That is the TRUTH, the ugly TRUTH that "they" do not want you to know.  Her body was found very close to where they found the last remains of Alexandra Flanagan.

I currently have Barrie Area Victims Services coming over here (a year and a half later, with no answers still as to what happened to my mother) to sit with me and talk to me because I am distraught, angry and crying my eyes out. I'm upset and desperate for someone to listen to me.

Does anyone care that these two women were killed in cold blood?  Surely someone does, the Police certainly are not doing everything in their power to find the culprits in these cases.

We the loved ones of the victims are still distraught and angry that the culprits are still at large.  Why can they not find out what happened to our loved ones?  I just buried my mothers cremated remains at the Sunnidale Union Cemetary, ALONE, with no one there to mark her passing but me, her daughter, the only person in the world who really loved her and wants her death INVESTIGATED still.  Find the person responsible for these deaths PLEASE, I need closure as to what happened to my mother.  She didn't just slip and fall.  This was an intentional act on the part of some deranged killer.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that these two "mysterious deaths" as they call them are connected.  Why doesn't someone DO something concrete and find the responsible person or persons who committed these horrible crimes and arrest them and put them behind bars for the rest of their natural lives!!!!!

My mother was a wonderful person, and she too lived on Wellington Street in Barrie....geee uh maybe there is a connection here.  I mean really are you really that obtuse to assume that they are not connected??  Even I as an untrained professional can see the connection here.  Why doesn't somebody give a damn? 

As the mourning continues in my wrecked life, I am at a loss as to why no one cares about the lost life of my mother, the only grandmother my children had, and the only person in the world who loved me unconditionally.  I am lost without her.  I still have to wake up each and every day with the thought that someone out there did this to my mom and took her away from me and my kids for EVER.  She was only 70 and was in fairly good health.  She loved life, loved me, loved her grandkids with all her heart.  She was a wonderful woman who deserves to have her death investigated and solved.  I need closure.  My kids need closure, and I am sure that the Flanagan family needs closure also.  We mourn our lost loved ones in our own way.  I have had to deal with this alone, no one cares that my mom is dead and gone.  No one cares that I live with the unknown about what happened to her.  I am haunted by nightmares of her suffering as she was drowned in water that she was deathly afraid of.  What a horrible way to die....I'm sure it was not a slow nor quick death for her.

SOMEONE GIVE A DAMN, AND LET'S FIND THE PEOPLE (I'm being kind here, I want to call the person or people responsible some horrible names) who killed these wonderful women and make them suffer like they have made our loved ones suffer and the people that loved them and cherished them suffer.  No amount of money, apologies or anything will ever make up for the loss of my mother to me or my children.  But, I do want answers and I will voice my concerns to any and all that will listen.  I will not rest until my mothers unsolved death is SOLVED.  She deserves that.  I owe her that.

Rest in Peace my beloved mother, only God knows what happened to you, and I will never rest until your death has been solved.  This is my promise to my mom, and what I need to get closure.  I will NOT REST!!!  I will fight to have your death solved with every ounce of my being and every last breath that I am given to breathe.  Mom, this is for you!  I miss you and love you.....may you rest in eternall peace knowing that I love you. 

Your loving daughter,

Diane Sanderson

Sleuth

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2009, 11:37:09 PM »
Welcome Diane S! You have written with such passion and fervor and love for your mother that I was truly touched. And so sorry for what happened to your beloved mother. You certainly have come to the right place for help with your on-going heartache. Each and every poster here tries their best to help in whatever way they can. You are certainly correct when you state that the Public knows about the death of a loved one before the nearest family member does!!!!!!  >:(
May I ask what the Coroner's report said?

solvy

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2009, 12:19:56 AM »
Diane,  Welcome and I too am brought to tears with your letter.  Believe me you are not alone in your thoughts about how this and many other cases are handled.  This forum is blessed by having many many murder victims family members  join us.  It is hoped they get some solace from the interaction.  All members care about cases otherwise they wouldn't have added them to this forrum. some put a great deal of time and effort into keeping track of and updating on the forum.

It is the worst kind of pain to lose a parent, but to lose one to murder I can only think would be intolerable.  I hope you have someone in your circle that you can confide in about your feelings, if not this is a good place to start. 

The family members are the backbone of keeping a case alive and in the forefront with police. 

Share what you can with us, we have some great thinkers here.

waabzy

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2009, 07:04:05 AM »
Diane I  hear and feel your pain. You are absolutely correct in that you should have been notified by police before reading of your mother's death online.
I am glad  Victim Services are spending time with you.  The death of any family member is hard but when our loved ones die from murder it's added pain. We sit in an abyss waiting for an arrest to be made wondering if we will ever see justice.
On Aug.2, 2008 my cousin Carolyn Connolly was brutally murdered in Toronto.Her killer(s) have not yet been arrested.
Feel free to PM me if I can help in any way

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2009, 09:26:21 PM »
Diane S., that is unbelievable what you are going through. Imagine them questioning you at length and not notifying you that your mom was dead and letting it out to the media. What is going on in that area about these unsolved murders. Are the police just not qualified to be handling these matters. Sometimes they are just to lazy to do their job. You must not stop with your investigation on this matter. Go the press and bring it forward, get all the attention you can, because that is what is going to solve this case. My sympathy goes out to you and your family and you do need to get this on the front burner now, before the case goes too cold.  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2009, 12:16:26 AM »
I'm sorry about your mother, that is sad it released before you were notified. I hope you stay on the police and get the attention this case deserves.

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2009, 09:24:33 PM »
Diane, my whole heart and prayers for you and your family. Your words make me want to ask our thinkers...what information can we compile, sort through, look for likenesses, what profiles can enlighten us, what similarities and mapping can create patterns, questions, and items to follow up on?  How can we all become more aware of our surroundings and others, of area perpetrators, of motivators, of preventors, so that we can see the signs, question them, report them, investigate them. The more someone can provide profile descriptions of what kind of person can murder a 70 year old woman, or a 33 year old woman, or a 57 year old woman. Without a trace. Without a clue. The anatomy of disappearance.  What time frame from the time they disappear to the time of murder? Where are they taken? For how long? For why? To hear and learn more about these types of things might get us closer to our answers. To finding the individuals responsible. To thwart future occurrences. To understand and to find peace. To become more aware. To report the items we have learned may have significance. To care. To make a difference. To correct. Somehow find peace. I wish this for you, as your writing has a voice we all wish we could express. Your mother has a very loving advocate. Your children have a brave mother and they need you. Our hearts are with you on your journey. I am saddened for your pain and your loss. I believe your mother and Ms. Flanagan, and countless others are worth more than to be forgotten, lost, and unresolved. They deserve the respect. We need the protection. We need to know their lives were worth something. They deserved a chance. Love.

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2009, 10:30:15 PM »
It also appears that women over 30 who live alone are being preyed upon. They disappear without a trace from their own homes, no robbery, on-location assault, etc. Some are found. Some are not. Some are found in locations previously searched, months/year later. Where were they in the meantime? Why would this happen? What are the likely possibilities? What is the likely profile? ARe their people in the area that match that profile with a questionable past? What are the commonalities among similar disappearances? The timeframe? The time of day? The similarities on where they are taken from? How long after are they found? Did they have contractors or service providers at their house. Are they online discussing their lifestyles? How do perpetrators know they live alone? Who has access to watching them come and go? Who have they most recently conversed with?

Im_new_here2

« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2010, 11:35:50 PM »
I have a feeling about this case . I have seen chris mention it on another case that prolly alot the police have a good idea or even know exzactly who the killer is but lack the physical evidence to do something about it and that is what i think has happened here in this case because if you remember it was right after they found her remains scattered in lackey's bush that they had the C,S,I team at a house in barrie doing forensic work.I guess they didn't find nothing or if they did its news to me but they must of had a strong suspiscion to go straight to that house i think..J,M,O

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2010, 02:19:40 AM »
Thanks for the post!

I hope some new tips can be generated!

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2010, 06:43:37 PM »
http://www.atv.ca/home/news_71946.aspx

Headlines for February 15, 2010
Flanagan Facebook Appeal

Friends and family of Barrie murder victim Alexandra Flanagan are hoping to keep the young woman's death in the headlines as the search for her killer continues.  Flanagan was last seen in June of 2007, and her remains were found in different locations in Barrie.  A new Facebook page has been set up encouraging people to post videos and comments to keep the murder fresh in people's minds in hopes of triggering new leads.

history_major

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2010, 11:58:41 AM »
This case REALLY upset me.  Her disappearance caught my attention from the day it was in the news.  Imagine my surprise when I walk out of my high school to see police services and all that in Lackies Bush.  My high school was right across from where she was found and I was even in those bushes with my science class.  My friend told me that one of his friends found a bone while walking through there and thought it was a deer bone so he threw it around a little bit before discarding it in the forest.  He told the police what he knew.  I'm also a little interested when they searched Faurceia because its literally a five minute walk from where they found her remains.  It's been almost three years and nothing!  Frusterating to say the least...I don't like knowing there is a killer on the loose, possibly in Barrie.
I'm sorry, but I also have to agree with the lack of urgency shown by the police.  They seemed to be treating this like a runaway case instead of what it was. 
At Kempenfest I believe in 2008...her friends and family held a BBQ in order to raise awareness of her murder.  They did and continue to do a great job keeping the story in everyone's minds.

daisygirl

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2011, 06:25:07 PM »
just thought I would update this Site on Alex.  First of all I go under the name of Daisygirl, and Im actually Alex's mum.  As to date this henious murder has not been solved.  I can almost bet you that whoever murdered my daughter reads everything on the internet. 
What I want to say is the night Alex disappeared, someone has to have seen something, heard something.  I know its been 3 1/2 yrs since this happened and people's memories are not as clear, but what Im saying someone out there has to have seen Alex after leaving the park, as she was only a short walk from her home. 
Someone has to have seen her walking, or getting into someones car, or maybe did anyone see her in the bar downtown Barrie.  Did anyone hear any screams which were out of the ordinary?  It was a stormy rainy night, unfortunately.  I also wonder the people Alex was with that afternoon , does anyone remember anything strange.  It does not make much sense how she was so close to home and then vanished. 
If someone knows what happened to Alex, please do whats right and call Crime Stoppers.  If someone knows anything, you are as bad as the murderer(s).  Don't let them intimidate you , do the right thing and call the police or crime stoppers.  It could be someone else or you next time if you don't do the right thing.   

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2011, 11:42:13 PM »
Nice to see you back, Wow it has already been that long?

I can almost bet you that whoever murdered my daughter reads everything on the internet. 

I would agree with that. someone in the area might also noticed someone's behavior changed after this happened, become more paranoid and short tempered. If someone suspects someone they know, but have not called police, it is time they do.

This case is solveable, but might need one more clue to get an arrest. I hope that brave person out there is reading, and chooses to do the right thing.