Author Topic: Alexandra Flanagan - 33 - Murdered - July 2007 - Barrie, ON  (Read 73823 times)

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Re: Alexandra Flanagan - 33 - Murdered - July 2007 - Barrie, ON
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2008, 11:42:01 PM »
Yes Des, from what I understand in summer, it does not take long before a body deteriates that fast. In 2005, that Micheal White, his wife body was found just days after going missing and it was already to the point they had to do tests.

Police say they have ?three or four? persons of interest

OK, it seems like the police are on to someone. They won't say murder, but have POI's? My gut says they they know who, just working on gathering the evidence. Obviously this is a murder, no one gets chopped and spread around on accident.

Shwa

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2008, 06:04:18 AM »
From the Star (http://www.thestar.com/News/Ontario/article/419061)

Apr 28, 2008 04:30 AM
Cheryl Browne
Special to the Star

BARRIE?Residents are walking cautiously around the city's Lake Simcoe shoreline after more bones were uncovered Saturday during a community cleanup day at Kempenfelt Bay.

Barrie police communications officer Sgt. Robert Scott confirmed Simcoe County's forensics unit and coroner were called in to investigate the gruesome discovery.

"We're not trying to overreact, but in light of recent events, we are being overly cautious," said Scott, adding the bones have been shipped to Toronto for analysis.

Police won't know if the remains, which appear to be a small rib bone, belong to Alexandra Flanagan, who went missing last July, until a forensic analysis is completed.

With the last of the winter's heavy snowfall melting this month, police returned to a local beach last week, where several of the 33-year-old hairdresser's bones were discovered by a dog walker months before.

Two months earlier, a portion of her dismembered body was also found in a heavily wooded area several kilometres south of where she had last been seen by friends on July 8.

They're not the only human remains found at the lake. Last Monday, 70-year-old Kathleen Sanderson's body was found in the waters close to the same local beach, a day after she went missing.

While the police don't suspect foul play in Sanderson's death, they are concerned about anything else the snow may have covered up during the winter months.

"The public is a little leery in light of these discoveries," said Scott.

Resident Claire Welsh, 23, said yesterday she had watched the police investigation, Saturday.

"It is creepy to think that someone's been murdered here and they haven't found the whole body," she said.

But her neighbour Eric Lungershausen, 89, believes the remains found during the annual cleanup were probably from an animal, not Flanagan.

"People do sit there and eat their lunch and look at the view of the lake. Maybe they threw the bones away," said Lungershausen.

John Ens and friend Shannon Gignac were walking his large French mastiff, Tilley, on the waterfront paths yesterday afternoon.

Rummaging through the heavy undergrowth near Lake Simcoe, Tilley sniffed out a dead seagull that Ens quickly pulled her away from.

Ens grimaced and said he was relieved it was only a bird.

He added he had gone to high school with Flanagan and found it disturbing that all of her remains had never been found.

"I've never really been worried about her (Tilley) finding something, but I guess it does happen. This whole thing with Alexandra was strange. I just hope it's finished soon."

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2008, 01:41:59 AM »
What kind of person can stomach chopping someone up and spreading the remains over a large area? Obviously this person thought it was a clever trick. I am sure the police have suspects since they are not talking much in public about it.

Im_new_here2

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2008, 12:35:40 AM »
You know whats strange ..well first i wish they would say more specifically what is missing i mean animals such as racoons and foxes not sure if there are any wolves in lackies bush theres allways black bears around u never know where u will find them they were allways thought to be more towords gravenhurst .north bay  that area but they roam every where now they  found one 2 weeks ago hit  by a car in creemore thats an hour to the east i think of barrie and they say everyone walks there dogs through there ..so i mean if its smaller bones u gotta remember foxes live in dens and racoons live in the trees so they take them in and up there just a thought about some of the missing bones...   

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2008, 04:46:31 PM »

I want to add something here. I recently saw the x rays, of a guy who was beaten for 2 cans of beer. Both arms broken, by a club. One of the breaks looked like it was sawed in half. Neither side of the bone connected. As I was with him talking, I watched the xrays.This was the bone from elbow to wrist.The other arm, appeared shattered, and holding together by a sliver of bone. I didn't tell him. He is waiting for surgery.

The point is this. If he was killed, and left to decompose, the bone would LOOK like it was cut, or something.

Concerning wildlife, I was told that bigger animals, will bring findings, uphill, while the smaller  animals would go downhill. Don't know how true this is.

Im_new_here2

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2008, 07:10:06 PM »
Des..Isnt that just what i said ,,,i said i didnt know about the larger bones but the smaller ones will be taken by racoons..cats even.dogs,foxes.a ground hog will...and as for up hill and down hill...animals choose the best place to live thats safe ,,foxes live in a den..if u went in a den they can be up to 30 feet long so u would never ever see that bone again...same with racooks they live in trees usually either in a huge nest that looks like a bird nest but 10 times the size or a hollow tree with a hole in it ,,same as a porcupine  if they take the bones up there your not gonna see them again unless they fall out but chances are your not gonna see them..dogs barry things,,cats well who really knows what a cat does..u may find a bone on your doorstep one day from your cat just like we find rats they leave then right on the door mat for god only knows why..Its like on this forum instead of agreeing with other people some prople wanna out do the last posts...nothing will be acheived that way we should be trying to help famillys out not trying to out do one another...   

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2008, 07:24:27 PM »

Listen to me. We are all here, to give our opinions, thoughts. No one is trying to "outdo" anybody. That is just dumb.Des is equally entitled to her opinions, as well as I and others. Brainstorming is good.
 WE are happy with as much info as we get. :)

Were you responding to me? I felt what I said, had some value to the converstion. You also are a valuable member, with all your thoughts, and ideas.

Let's Keep on Keeping on! ;D

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2008, 09:26:13 PM »
Well if there are suspects in the murder of Alexandra, why haven't they been charged as yet. But sometimes it does take a bit of time to get the concrete evidence to make it stick, it is only a year. I do hope that someone is charged soon. How did they find the trail of where she was going. Obviously she must have gone to this place with friends before and something got out of hand with friends or strangers. Sure hope that there is some good news on this matter soon. ::) ::) ::) ::)

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2008, 12:13:36 AM »
It does seem the police are all over this case. In this case, I think the silence is becasue the police feel confident in there investigation.

waabzy

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2008, 08:19:35 AM »
Police were at the Faurecia Auto Seating plant in Barrie Friday looking for evidence in connection with the Alexandra Flanagan case.

The search warrant was issued in relation to an employee at the Bayview Drive plant who is considered a person of interest.

According to police, a person of interest is someone that has a connection to the crime, but there is no evidence that links them the crime.

Thirty-three year-old Flanagan went missing July 8, 2007.

In October 2007, Flanagan?s remains were found near Lackie?s Bush.

In February of this year, remains found on a trail near Johnson?s Beach were also determined to be Flanagan?s.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2008, 01:38:48 AM »
Oh good, they are still working on this case. I knew they were, but it is always nice to hear something

mauvelilac

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2008, 01:23:41 PM »
Concerning wildlife, I was told that bigger animals, will bring findings, uphill, while the smaller  animals would go downhill. Don't know how true this is. ~~~Adrian

It is true Adrian. I have done enough private searches for missing people and larger animals have to put it politely larger droppings. The two complete sets of remains I have found have  had drag marks as well as  the ever present droppings. The smaller ones can't drag them as far. It's also true what the Native lady said about the skull and the femur. If you don't find anything else, you'll always find those two items.

BykeRyder

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2009, 08:37:06 PM »

mystic

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2009, 05:42:22 PM »
Im just writing about Alexandra.  I do know alot of people come to this site and read it.  I just want to let you all know , that  all of Alex's remains have not yet been recovered.  Im asking, that if anyone who might be reading this, and who might have any idea of where the rest of Alex is, would they please either contact the Barrie Police, of Crime Stoppers.  They do not have to give their names, it can be and will be confidential. 
We cannot bring Alex back, but it would be nice to beable to bring all of her remains together.  Alex did not deserve this and if anybody has any compassion, and knows something, as to where the rest of her could be, please phone Crime stoppers and let us bring her home .  Alex was a sweet compassionate little individual and I know if "you " needed help, she would be right there. 
PLEASE HELP TO BRING ALEX HOME. 

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2009, 10:14:42 PM »
thanks for writing. I sure hope her remains can be found and the person(s) who did this will be caught soon. What a great thing it would be to have this case solved soon.