Author Topic: Alexandra Flanagan - 33 - Murdered - July 2007 - Barrie, ON  (Read 73825 times)

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
Re: Alexandra Flanagan - 33 - Murdered - July 2007 - Barrie, ON
« Reply #120 on: July 12, 2015, 12:19:38 PM »
You have raised some excellent points Concerned, and I feel the same way. I also wonder if he has murdered before. Quite possibly.

(  The parole legislation is being reviewed, and apparently, it will be more difficult to get it, when it comes to murder.
I think it is in the "works", but has not been passed by parliament. It can't pass soon enough.)

Since the  police had difficulty in obtaining evidence, they had to use a "Mr. Big" operation,  to obtain a confession from him.  So, I would imagine the prosecutors were lucky in even obtaining that sentence. (sadly). Did the courts have their hands tied in this case??

He is out of the public's harm's way. Unfortunately there will always be sicko's out there, making their own  plans to destroy others - especially against unsuspecting women.

I hope he is being kept in isolation...............or throw him in with all prisoners during shower time.
As we know, even incarcerated criminals have their own codes as to what is right and what is going over the top in a crime.

JB
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 01:46:47 PM by jellybean »

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 10, 2015, 05:09:03 PM »
Just putting this excerpt in the file for any future clarification:

Source:  http://barrie.ctvnews.ca/andrew-keene-not-eligible-for-parole-for-17-years-1.2450977#

I'm still wondering if there are any other people victimized by same person. How can this gruesome of crime happen only once and to this extent?

Also a little disappointed in a sentence that states he is sentenced to 25 years in jail and cannot apply for parole for 17 years, however a judge can allow parole between 10 to 25 years. Sometimes I wonder, what's the point. He is either sentenced to a certain period of time, or he is not. It still favors the criminal and puts the victims and their families on hold and jitters for years to come. So, in an odd way the victims get even more victimized and the criminals get hope. Again, what's the point? To try to get good behavior while behind bars? To further ruin good citizen's lives on into the future?

After going through what they have, the friends and the family of Alexandra are so worthy of some peace and healing. Why can't a set amount of years just be given.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 12:17:44 AM by Concerned »

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 27, 2018, 11:18:01 AM »
I just read this story and find it so odd and unusual that so many people were connected to several cases on this site.

Robert Twiss, 45, who has been charged with two counts of first-degree murder after his roommates, Alan and Matthew MallinsonAlexandra Flanagan, who went missing in July 2007 and was later discovered dismembered throughout wooded areas in Barrie.

Andrew Keene Cindy HallidayFred Shapcott, Ellsworth Beers, Pamela Constable and Scott Seabrook.Eric Ross Katherine Janeiro Roel Ofreneo (Flight) and Christian Petricca,Cindy Halliday.

Source:  https://www.simcoe.com/news-story/6453690-tragedy-continues-to-follow-downtown-kids-in-barrie/
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 11:31:25 AM by Concerned »

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 27, 2018, 11:24:40 AM »
This story was published in December 2016, but I didn't read it until now. Sincere appreciation for people like Toronto Police Const. Scott Aikman for risking his life to go undercover to find answers to the Alexandra Flanagan case. While undercover, his father passed away (he dedicated this award received to his father) and his life was threatened during the trial.  We have to remember these are "jobs" for these people and they do it under such difficult circumstances. Just wanted to say, "thank you."

Undercover officer honoured for work in solving Barrie murder case

Source: https://www.simcoe.com/news-story/6994968-undercover-officer-honoured-for-work-in-solving-barrie-murder-case/

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 27, 2018, 11:31:07 AM »
Here's another story worthy of posting about Constable Scott Aikman. Again, thank you belatedly.

Risking Life Undercover

Source: http://tpsnews.ca/stories/2016/11/risking-life-undercover/

Jessica-

• The truth will come to light; murder cannot be hid
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 04, 2018, 10:25:29 AM »
This was a good friend of mines daughter, I had no clue. R.I.P