Author Topic: John Ray Patterson - Missing from Meaford Ontario  (Read 5908 times)

Meg

• View Profile
John Ray Patterson - Missing from Meaford Ontario
« on: December 19, 2011, 07:58:25 PM »
This was in the news locally (in Grey County, Ontario), but no follow-up since.  Has anyone heard anything?

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 1:50 pm

The OPP have added more resources to a search in the Meaford area for a missing man.
The man's vehicle was found Saturday afternoon along the 25th Sideroad in the Municipality of Meaford.
There are indications he may have gone out onto Georgian Bay in a yellow canoe.
The OPP Emergency Response Team, Canine Unit and the OPP helicopter have all been involved in the search.
The Canadian Coast Guard Meaford Base has been alerted.
The missing man is identified as 65-year-old John Ray Patterson of no fixed address, and formerly of London.
Police are asking anyone with information regarding Mr. Patterson's whereabouts to contact them.
Anyone spotting an abandoned yellow canoe in Georgian Bay near Meaford is also asked to call the police right away.

Persephone

• View Profile
Re: John Ray Patterson - Missing from Meaford Ontario
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 11:21:10 PM »
Hi Meg, I'm from the area and no, we haven't heard anything beyond the original report.

Meg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2016, 05:58:26 PM »
Such a long time, with no clues or sing of his canoe - so very sad, and very little media reaction.

I posted the Facebook address about Jon Riley by mistake on this site - I can't seem to remove it - *apologies*

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2016, 09:14:42 PM »
No problem Meg. I have removed it. :)

Meg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2016, 08:33:42 PM »