Author Topic: Roberta Marie FERGUSON - Missing Cultus Lake, BC - 1988  (Read 11755 times)

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Roberta Marie FERGUSON - Missing Cultus Lake, BC - 1988
« on: April 04, 2007, 12:28:56 AM »

Name: Roberta Marie FERGUSON

(Date of Birth: November 19, 1968)

Details: On August 24, 1988, Roberta FERGUSON was camping with a group of her friends at SunnySide Campground in Cultus Lake, BC. At approximately 8 pm she left the area on foot, and was believed to be heading back to Surrey.

Around this time a witness observed a female matching Roberta FERGUSON?S description speaking to a male inside a red sports car at the intersection of Vedder Mountain Rd., and Cultus Lake Rd. The witness described the man in the car as average height, with blond or light brown hair and a prominent jaw.

At the time of her disappearance Roberta FERGUSON, a native female, was 19 years old, 5'5" tall, 115 pounds, black eyes, with mid-length black hair worn to one side, and wearing octagon shaped glasses. She was last seen wearing a navy blue tank top over a black top, black stretchy pants rolled up to her knees, dirty white running shoes and carrying an army green knapsack.

To date, all attempts to locate Roberta FERGUSON have been unsuccessful. Foul play is suspected in her disappearance.

Contact: Anyone with information regarding Roberta?s disappearance is asked to contact:

investigator Cst. Jennifer KOCH of the Chilliwack RCMP Serious Crime Section at 604-792-4611 or
the police agency in their jurisdiction or
Crimestoppers (anonymous tips) in the Lower Mainland at 669-TIPS or outside the Lower Mainland at 1-800-222 TIPS.
File: Chilliwack Detachment File 1988-14345

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cold_case/ferguson_roberta_e.htm

seamare68

• View Profile
Re: Roberta Marie FERGUSON - Missing Cultus Lake, BC - 1988
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 02:47:51 PM »
Has anyone heard of any information on this case. I went to school with Roberta and would like to know.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 06:14:43 PM »
I've heard nothing either.

I think if she is ever found it would definetly be in the news.

D1

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 11:38:19 PM »
There are stories about Roberta on http://mindytran.com/arnoldscrimes.htm Another potential victim of Terry Arnold's.

Edsonmom

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008, 12:42:44 AM »
 six-week newspaper investigation into the man police consider their prime suspect.

This story is a long read.. But very informative..Inormation about Roberta is around the middle.. the rest of it, is other people he was involved in.

http://www.mindytran.com/Arnold%20news%20stories.htm
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 01:01:38 AM by Edsonmom »

MSprenkels

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 08:43:32 PM »
Arnold was living with Irene Thibelt in the Sleepy Hollow (33-3942 Cultus Lake Rd)when this happened

"
Sharpe said he tried to convince his sister not to rent to Arnold, but she would hear none of it. He didn't know whether Arnold had a job, but Thibert's sister, who also lives in the trailer court, said he claimed he was a professional landscaper.

Sharpe said police came looking for the hatchback a few years ago, telling him they wanted to search it for DNA, but by then it had been irretrievably scrapped. "

Arnold had ofter used Irene's RED hatchback car.

I know this link has been posted but this specific quote was in my notes regarding Arnold so I thought I would add it.
http://www.mindytran.com/Arnold%20news%20stories.htm

My opinion is Arnold clearly did this crime.  Why are all these young girls missing or murdered when they live/last seen within blocks of Arnold.  It boggles me that Arnold was not a suspect of this crime and why it wasn't pasted all over the news.  Arnold had been released from jail for sex crimes again teens on August 6th 1988, moved in to a trailer pretty much right beside where Roberta was last seen... Why weren't cops all over this. Why did it take so long to search Thiberts red hatchback?!

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 11:01:03 PM »
Everyone starts out asking why the Police seemed to bungle all the investigations that this guy was a suspect in before they realize no one is ever going to give them an answer.

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2012, 11:19:02 AM »
from -
http://mindytran.com/arnoldscrimes.htm
A faint glimmer of hope in the discovery years ago of a portion of a skull found in a riverbed near Mission, B.C., was recently dashed.

Police and forensic investigators originally concluded the skull -- neatly sawn in half from crown to mouth -- was that of an East Indian male. But a review showed it actually came from an aboriginal woman about Ferguson's age.

When anthropologists reconstructed what she might have looked like, the similarities to Roberta were so striking that Verl's son, Clayton, was stunned.

``He said mom, that's Roberta!'' Verl recalled.

After she called to report the similarities, police came in December and took DNA samples from her and her sister Carol. However, the family suffered another letdown Monday when police called with the news that the DNA was not a match.

``It was up in the air, we never knew whether it was her or not,'' said Staff Sgt. Bloxham, who didn't consider the new development a setback. ``We learn to wait for these kinds of results. We're still faced with the fact that we don't have her remains and that always makes it difficult.''

The waiting continues. The ears of the remaining family members are always tuned to the radio or television for her name. Verl, the last family member living in B.C., has resisted returning to the ancestral home in Beaver, Alta., out of a sense of duty to Roberta.

``I cannot leave until we find her body. It is so unfinished. It is so unresolved.''

I wonder now in light of everything else being uncovered about T. Arnold and that which protects him, whether Verl was right?
see Arnold-
http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php?topic=2167.0
http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php?board=84.0

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2015, 02:10:32 PM »
In regard the drunken moment in which Terry Arnold began bragging of his exploits and murders, Roberta too was spoken of. Just as stated in previous reports, Arnold confirmed he borrowed the red car and picked her up hitchhiking. He described what he did but was vague as to where. The little detail he did leave is as follows:

Upon picking her up he began driving in the direction she wished to go. Talked for awhile to see if there was anything that he should know or could use. At some point pulled off to the side of the road along a treed stretch and told Roberta he had to go to the bathroom and would be right back. Left her sitting alone in the parked car for a few minutes. Arnold said he had pulled over in the middle of a straight stretch and shut his car off so he would be able to hear if cars were coming from either end. He waited in the trees till he detected that it was clear in both directions then returned to the car, forced Roberta out and quickly marched her off into the trees.

When questioned about how far this was from where he picked her up he didn't have much response. Numbers were floated past him in an attempt to get more detail, 15 miles? 20 miles? 25 miles? His only response; "something like that"

I don't know that area or what road he would have taken but maybe there is a spot along the way that best matches what was described. Unfortunately I suspect it may match any number of spots and the distance estimate was very shaky. Middle of straight stretch, some distance out of Chilliwack on route to Surrey, treed area at the time, right hand side of road, enough room for a small car to pull off to the side.

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2017, 07:01:21 PM »
Interesting..

Arnold was a convicted murderer who became the prime suspect in the death of Barbara Stoppel in Winnipeg in 1981.

Around the same time, he was also suspected in an Alberta death the year before Roberta disappeared.

Verl said.

Who are "they" mentioned above?

Re: Arnold, I also heard him confess (brag) about doing this and more. I knew he would have bragged it up to more people than just me.

He gave details to me as to where he did it and where he left her. Perhaps this is the same location mentioned above..

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2017, 02:32:55 PM »
Arnold claimed to be responsible for many other victims outlined in other threads on here. The question arises, was he telling the same stories to everyone and giving the same details and locations? If he was consistent, that says something. He did lead people to other locations where bodies were found.