Author Topic: ATTAWAPISKAT NATIVE RESERVE POVERTY, DEC. 2011.  (Read 43366 times)

Nish

• I can't get PTSD, I'm a carrier.
    • View Profile
Re: ATTAWAPISKAT NATIVE RESERVE POVERTY, DEC. 2011.
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2013, 03:45:02 PM »
Haha, I wouldn't have called you a jerk, either.

IMO, one of the major issues could be closely related to the whole second amendment debate down south that we have been discussing. It seems people like to rely on hundred (or more) year old documents to bolster their argument while never taking into account that things have changed. I feel it's the same with these treaties. I also feel there is a healthy dose of have your cake and eat it, too, among some of those who control the money we give them - they want to have all of the good benefits but do not want to contribute anything meaningful on the flip side.

Nish

SAP

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2013, 03:57:01 PM »
Haha, I wouldn't have called you a jerk, either.

IMO, one of the major issues could be closely related to the whole second amendment debate down south that we have been discussing. It seems people like to rely on hundred (or more) year old documents to bolster their argument while never taking into account that things have changed. I feel it's the same with these treaties. I also feel there is a healthy dose of have your cake and eat it, too, among some of those who control the money we give them - they want to have all of the good benefits but do not want to contribute anything meaningful on the flip side.

Nish

It all begins with the old treaties of hundreds of years and it doesn't get any better even with changes.
Those who take our money; have it rolling in, are the very same ones who nickel and dime our people to death (those retiring) while handing large sums out without accountability and around and around we go.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2013, 05:10:01 PM »
I think anyone who receives Government money needs to be accountable...no matter what their race.  Government money is our money...paid by our taxes!!
I agree absolutely with that statement. They knew from the getgo that accountability for what the money was spent for and logging receipts and bookeeping the same as any office does. They knew that, that is the duty of the Chief. But there was total mismanagement of money. That is our money, the tax payers of Canada. You cannot please the natives, you are damned if you do and damned if you don't. There is no God...... way to please them. It is like a broken record constantly. Give something back for a change, stop taking and taking and taking and taking. They just wanted it handed over and a never ending supply of money to spend, but not on the things they are supposed to be spending it on. And when they are caught with their hand in the candy jar, they come up with something like is going on now. Anything to distract from what has been done. Pathetic actions by people who are supposed to be leaders. But everybody is afraid to say anything and stand up, because they'll be racist, well pardon me, but I'm just sick and tired of the tirade.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2013, 02:11:04 PM »
More can be read on this topic at the link below.

Chief Theresa Spence pulls out of meeting with Harper, spokesperson sayshttp://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/dailybrew/chief-theresa-spence-pulls-meeting-harper-spokesperson-says-170941464.html

Nish

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2013, 03:12:54 PM »
"Reportedly" ordered a media ban on her reserve? Where's this dude been? It was leading news, complete with video, this morning.

Spence is nothing more than a whiny, petulant bully who has seen that she cannot stamp her feet, or make idle and not very serious threats, in order to get what she wants.

I don't think the plot is lost - I think the point is lost. She's a farce.

She's being exposed and she doesn't like it and so she is trying to play a game of one upmanship with the very folks that do this sort of thing for a living. But she's losing. Fast.

Looks frigging good on her.

Nish

Peter.OWFR

• View Profile

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2013, 04:26:24 PM »
Just heard the evening news now about Chief Theresa not wanting to attend the hour long meeting which Harper has scheduled to have with her. She insists she will not attend unless the Governor General is in attendance. Well another bullying bullshit tactic. I'd say she better start kissing ass here, she's the one that mismanaged millions of dollars and kept inept records of where the money was spent. So she thinks she can just act like a cry baby and get her own way, well what a sad display of leadership. Her phony act has finally showed her own people how she failed them. Why would anyone stand by this person for her leadership, her ship is sinking and she is the one blowing holes in it. :o :o :o :o :o :o

Nish

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2013, 04:29:59 PM »
Hopefully.

It only took one complaint to start the machine against former Toronto mayor Rob Ford, so hopefully the same types are complaining to the RCMP about potential fraud at Attawapiskat. Not likely, but I can hope.

Cape, she has the delusional thought that bluster will cover up her ineptitude and keep noses out of her books. The thing about becoming a polarizing figure, especially when you go to great lengths to do so, is that people look into ALL aspects of you, not just the parts you want them to.

To move ahead there needs to be an example made. If someone seems to have mislaid funds then they need to be charged and jailed. Period.

Nish

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2013, 05:35:11 PM »
Nish just for your information Rob Ford is not the former Mayor. HE IS IN FACT THE MAYOR STILL. I also have not doubt if he looses his appeal , the bielection will put him right back in as Mayor. First honest Mayor in a long time, the people put him there because they want him there. City Tv, Adam Vaughn and other may attack all they want the people want an honest Mayor, and that is Rob.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2013, 07:04:45 PM »
Nish, absolutely jail is the only answer for this Chief. That is what she is weak about, knowing there is a possibility that she may have to serve time in jail. Nobody should get away with the actions that went on in this native reserve. I feel very bad for the people of that reserve that they were betrayed by their own Chief and those who were her counterparts. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Nish

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2013, 08:21:29 PM »
Nish just for your information Rob Ford is not the former Mayor. HE IS IN FACT THE MAYOR STILL. I also have not doubt if he looses his appeal , the bielection will put him right back in as Mayor. First honest Mayor in a long time, the people put him there because they want him there. City Tv, Adam Vaughn and other may attack all they want the people want an honest Mayor, and that is Rob.

Thanks for the clarification, I pay very little attention to Gotham City. I did understand that he was very popular.

My original point was that if ONE complaint can set those wheels in motion then we'd bloody well better see some action from the white collar crimes division of the RCMP towards Chief Spence. If it's all on the up an up - fine. If not then she can have her fish broth behind bars.

Nish

SAP

« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2013, 09:42:49 PM »
These Idle No More rallies are springing up everywhere. Are they all covering for Chief Spence or are they afraid of their own finances being probed? Little did I know my little city had one and there is to be another.

http://www.stalbertgazette.com/article/20130109/SAG0801/301099980/idle-no-more-rallies-st-albert

I haven't paid attention to Bill C-45 but that is what they seem to be up in arms about and I can understand that.

cana_nomad

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2013, 09:49:36 PM »
The Idle No More group doesn't really talk about the Chief you are all referring to.

They don't want to lose more natural/protected lakes, etc which I support because Harper has desecrated this country.  Drilling oil out of the ground while refusing to put into place very succinct plans to offset the environmental disruptions is completely irresponsible, and it's just plain dumb.  So, that bill would basically screw us over and cause more problems like Tsunamis, etc.  There is more to the Bill, but many people do not know that is a big part of it.

I don't know, I take no issue with a group that uses non-violent means to advocate for their own rights.  How did women get the vote, after all?

cana_nomad

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2013, 09:51:27 PM »
As an aside, and I am not trying to be rude, but...how did all this get on a missing persons forum?

What am I missing?  Was there a murder on Attawapiskat recently or something I did not read...?

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2013, 10:23:42 PM »
As an aside, and I am not trying to be rude, but...how did all this get on a missing persons forum?

What am I missing?  Was there a murder on Attawapiskat recently or something I did not read...?

This topic is in General Discussion. Our forum is set up so that the individual threads are for the missing and murdered. There are also other sections where we can discuss varying topics such as this.