Author Topic: McStay Family, Sandiago California, Missing since February, 2010.  (Read 17007 times)

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
Re: McStay Family, Sandiago California, Missing since February, 2010.
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2013, 12:46:43 AM »
wondering how a uk news could know more about them than the police and family and all of USA ?  I take that article with a grain of salt for sure.

cana_nomad

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2013, 07:12:18 PM »
The Daily Mail is a tabloid.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2013, 08:39:59 PM »
Yes, I thought it might be a tabloid. 
Take it for what it is worth.... as I had said.
But, wherein is the truth?? Only LE will be able to solve it?

Why would anyone want to hijack this family, drive them umpteen miles away, murder and bury them in the desert?  What was the motive?  Why would anyone possibly drive their car to the Mexican Border and leave it there?

Did the family drive the car there?  Look at how far it was from their home = were there not stores closer by (gifts in back seat for child's birthday.)

To my mind, if on an impromptu shopping trip for the child's birthday, they would have shopped nearby.

I think they were taken hostage from their home!! = or, and even more so ---

I think that the family trusted and knew their killer, if they were enticed for a meet and greet, and the children knew them too!! Therefore they all had to be murdered.

It will come down to money - someone harbouring a great resentment over what they perceive as their unjustified loss of the god almighty dollar.

Look close to friendly business associates, who were always welcomed into their home, and the kids knew them!!!
jb
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 08:54:02 PM by jellybean »

Dulsebunny

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2013, 05:54:39 PM »
Jellybean: I posted a comment after the story about them being found but it disappeared. Guess I forgot to press post.
The time line sounded peculiar to me. I had watched the Nancy Grace update after they were found.
My understanding was that one of them bought towels and toys in the morning via charge card.
The car was seen backing out of the yard at 7:47 PM. Where would they be taking kids at that time of night? Since they left in a hurry-not for ice cream I would think. It crossed my mind that one of the children or even one of the adults had a medical emergency and was taken to hospital. Maybe, they were carjacked?
I thought NG said he called an employee at 8:13 PM???? You say April. My memory isn't so good with the spoken word. LOL Either way, it was supposedly after they left.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2013, 10:38:35 AM »
Why would they be car jacked?? I mean the car was found by the Mexican Border - possibly - but then again why drive them in the opposite direction (the desert and murder them), as to where the car was found?

I do have questions as to why Mrs. McStay had been using a few aliases. I have read this in other news reports. However,  this could also be untrue. However, the thought still lingers.

Hopefully there will be forensic evidence at the site.

Jb

looking

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2013, 12:19:29 PM »
Seems like they left in a hurry.  Must have been lured away.  Who kills children?  If they thought they were in danger, they wouldn't have brought the kids.  They trusted somebody!

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2013, 02:43:49 PM »
Seems like they left in a hurry.  Must have been lured away.  Who kills children?  If they thought they were in danger, they wouldn't have brought the kids.  They trusted somebody!

I agree./jb

Dulsebunny

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2013, 09:00:03 AM »
It was just a theory. All I could come up with to explain why they left in a hurry.
Never any mention made if they were seen by neighbours that day.
I read an article, someplace, that the elder Mr. McStay gave the names of three people who might have been involved.
I'll never understand why the children were killed. They weren't old enough to be good witnesses. Why not leave them at the home or someplace else?

Logical

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2013, 03:32:32 PM »
Not that I think the media reports are always accurate, but I recall the story said Mr McStay called a coworker not an employee, it seemed odd wording to me at the time as he was an owner; if he were a partner would that not mean he spoke to the partner last, who reported them missing? Maybe they were meeting him?

The articles in the tabloids stated some information maybe fact maybe not, but they had some info that they could exaggerate and sensationalize so there is some truth in the potential financial influx, this could be proven so I assume they have a little truth. However people have been known to skip the last few months of rent when they are moving into a purchased home, they may have had the money and just did not pay rent.

But to purchase a 320k home and have 100k in the bank from a renters state of affairs is not the norm, so did the business partners get into something that had a big winfall, did it turn bad, did the partner lure the family out?

Maybe they did not leave in a rush, maybe the home was staged after they were killed, they were not reported missing immediately?

Logical

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2013, 04:10:47 PM »
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/mcstay-family-update-joseph-mcstays-father-says-he-suspects-three-people-in-familys-2010-disappearance-murders/

McStay Family Update: Joseph McStay's father says he suspects three people in family's 2010 disappearance, murders   

(CBS) - The father of Joseph McStay says he has a list of three people he suspects may have had something to do with the disappearance and murders of his son, daughter-in-law and two young grandchildren.

PICTURES: McStay family's bodies found

The San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department said Friday that remains found Nov. 13 in shallow graves near Victorville, Calif., were those of 40-year-old Joseph and his 43-year-old wife, Summer.

Authorities said they believe other remains found there belong to the McStay children, but they have more work to do to confirm it.

The manner of death appears to be homicide, Sheriff McMahon said.

"I have exhausted and have so much information on three possible persons of interest," Patrick McStay told CBS News' Crimesider over the phone Friday. "All have a motive."

McStay says that while these three individuals are "totally separate," one of them stands out above the rest due to a long criminal history that includes charges of attempted murder, assault with a deadly weapon and burglary.

"He has money, was in prison... He absolutely had a motive," McStay said.

McStay says he's felt all along that multiple people were involved in the February 2010 disappearance of his son, Joseph; Joseph's wife, Summer; and their children; 3-year-old Joey and 4-year-old Gianni, from their home in Fallbrook, Calif.

The family's disappearance launched what San Diego sheriff's investigators called their most extensive missing-persons search ever, reports the Associated Press.

Investigators reportedly pursued hundreds of tips and eventually came to believe the family left voluntarily for Mexico. Investigators were convinced that four people seen on a dimly lit surveillance video walking into Tijuana, Mexico were the McStays. The case was then turned over to the FBI.
"Somebody hired somebody," Patrick McStay told Crimesider. "To kill a child is something totally different. You have to be a cold-blooded killer."
"Only two things could have happened," he continued. "Either there was a hired killer who killed them or the children could have recognized them - this person."

McStay said that while he always hoped in the back of his mind that his family was still alive, he knew that his family members didn't flee to Mexico voluntarily.

"I knew there was more to this. I knew they didn't walk away," he said.

cana_nomad

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2013, 06:38:43 PM »
There was a report out today- DNA confirmed the remains were the two children.

looking

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2013, 08:02:52 PM »
I think someone knew they had that money in their bank account and they wanted it. They may have ripped off the wrong person to get it.  Was it a lottery winning or obtained from gambling?  Who knew they had this money?

Marcusdog

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2013, 01:24:18 AM »
According to the partner(via Daily Mail)a new lucrative contract had been secured in I believe some Arab country. The partner went on to say that things were going great in the business. Those poor little children were killed and it would take someone who had no respect for life to murder them. They were innocent. As to where the car was found it was a good distance from the border and people were being advised as long as 10 years ago to not go across the border as Americans were being kidnapped. In fact, from my own knowledge that whole area of BAHA is rife with shootings and violent crime. We quit going down to Mexico around 1995. It just was no longer safe.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2013, 07:54:19 PM »
I always felt the family was murdered, but this is so shocking to think that someone could kill a whole family. It is very sad for the family left behind. My prayers are with those left behind. I do hope that the killers will be found and prosecuted. It is always about money. So I imagine they did not get what they killed for anyway. So senseless. I would never go to Mexico. I have travelled other places, but never would I set foot in Mexico. Others in my family have been down there and said they would never go back, after all the crime that has been reported and so many killed and nobody ever went to court for the crimes. :( :( :( :( :(

CCF

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2013, 08:46:50 PM »
I happened to see the sub-article indicating this family had been found on the cover of People magazine the other day while I was standing in a grocery lineup.  I read the on-line article from the same publication.  Michael, the brother to the murdered husband/father, made a very chilling statement to a newspaper (which is cited in the People Magazine article) back in 2010 shortly after the family went missing.  He stated: "My fear is that I'm looking for two adult shallow graves and ... my two nephews' crosses".

...lo and behold, the family is found in two shallow graves three years late.  What an unusual and specific thing to say mere weeks after they disappeared, with no hope they are alive.  I'd be taking a closer look at the brother, maybe not as a suspect but moreso who/what he's involved with and/or affiliated with.  If someone is willing to murder two small children who aren't even in school yet and their parents for no apparent reason, that is a message being sent to someone.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20759686,00.html