Author Topic: McStay Family, Sandiago California, Missing since February, 2010.  (Read 16915 times)

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
Re: McStay Family, Sandiago California, Missing since February, 2010.
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2013, 09:12:03 PM »
CCF: Thank you for sharing this informative article with us.  How odd that his brother would even originally think that!

Here is another one - albeit perhaps a rag mag.- or maybe not.   Am not familiar with this online paper.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2510247/Prime-suspect-McStay-murder-mystery-breaks-silence.html

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2013, 01:30:13 PM »
Joseph McStay had a number of people involved in his business, and life in general who had criminal records.
It has been stated many times that Joseph was never confrontational, he was upfront in his business dealings and as honest as the day is long.  It is all very difficult for me to wrap my head around.

This is from Blink on Crime.  Some of the names have come up before.

http://blinkoncrime.com/2013/11/20/mcstay-family-murdered-will-desert-graves-yield-their-killers/

Gianni and Chubba were as inseparable in life as they were in death when they were recovered in a shallow grave in the Mojave Desert on November 11.

Their parents, Joseph, 40 and Summer McStay, 43, were located in a separate grave nearby.

There is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that either Joseph or Summer McStay had any ties to drugs, associates with ties to drugs or cartel, at any time.   None.
Kavanaugh has an unrelated open criminal matter in San Diego County according to court records.

Chase MerrittMcGYver spent several days leading up to February 4th at the McStay home due to a painter Summer hired not returning to complete the job.  McGyver introduced Summer and Joseph and by all accounts was a close confidant of the couple.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 01:47:52 PM by jellybean »

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2015, 02:20:10 PM »
I was totally taken by surprise this past week when I had CNN on and there was a special on the McStay family. There was a whole hour. I hope you can see this program, don't know how to put any link here, but maybe you can see it on a link, don't know about that. However, I will try and fill you in. Joe had a business friend that he used to help him with welding in making his waterfalls, which was a very lucrative business. The whole family knew this man and he was in their home many times. On the day they went missing, it looked like they were making breakfast, all items were on the cupboard and it looked like they walked away. The person who was involved with Joe, did have a criminal past and had spent time in prison, (maybe this was not known to Joe). However, the family was not reported officially missing until eight days after. The home was not marked off as a crime scene and people were walking in and out of the home, because there was no tape up. The male who was his business associate had been borrowing money off of Joe, so this was a clue. I forget his name, sorry, he has been charged with First Degree Murder in the McStay family. All bodies were recovered buried in the desert. They were all murdered with great trauma and the forensic people said that they suffered. They were all beaten to death, according to the reports. The accused is arrested, in chains and in jail. His trial is going to be later this year. All of this happened just in November 2014. I am worried about this guy being convicted, because of it is mostly a circumstantial case. And the home was not kept as a crime scene. This SOB could walk.  Now if any of you can find a link that could provide the whole story, it would be great. This program could possibly on again, because I was lucky to see it on it's second show in a week, that was a couple of days ago. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2015, 11:10:20 AM »
SAP, thanks for putting all the information here, which is a great help. I was totally blown away by the whole thing. I wasn't aware about the book that was being written.  But I do wonder how one person could commit these murders, especially where it was by physically killing them, which would be four people he would have to kill. The trial is to begin late this year. Hopefully there will be justice for the McStay family.

SAP

« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2015, 01:09:13 AM »
YW Cape. I think one crazed man could do it if he took out the strongest person first. The mom would have been protecting the children and there's only so much she could do. It will be interesting regarding the trial and outcome. I hope the LE have all their ducks in a row.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2015, 03:19:46 AM »
While reading what Merritt had to say...he says he and Joseph had a big contract and talked at least six to eight times a day...but he didn't raise alarm bells sooner when he couldn't reach Joseph?
He says he stopped at the McStay's house after four days with no contact...and fed and watered the dogs that were in the yard. 
Whoever interviewed Merrick in the beginning of the investigation, certainly was not very good...the story stinks.  If they were such good friends in such close contact, he should not have let four days go by before he went to check out the house. The investigators should have dug deeper.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2015, 04:16:09 PM »
Jobo, not only did Merritt fail to call police, but so did Joseph's brother. It was Merritt that wanted to call the police and it was his brother who stalled at calling in the police. A total of eight days went by before they were reported missing. In that space of time, everyone was going in and out of the house, including Merritt and the brother. I do believe this is going to be a bucket of worms of sorts to prove anything in this case. It is all going to be circumstantial and the brother could also come into the limelight here, because he stalled on reporting the family missing. I certainly see the motive here, because Merritt owed the McStay's a great deal of money, that is the motive as far as I know. It all points to Merritt, he had the motive. :o :o :o :o :o :o

justsayin

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2015, 10:15:21 AM »
I didn't see any mention of whether or not he is in jail now.  Acting as his own attorney with the death penalty at stake?  Sounds like the actions of someone who doesn't have a good grasp on reality, imo.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2015, 10:48:14 AM »
I agree that he shouldn't be in charge of his own case. It should be against the law to represent yourself in a federal offence, okay if it's a DUI, but a charge of multiple murders with the death penalty on the table, not a smart person would do that. Okay, that goes to show he's got shit for brains, to start with. Also could be capable of killing four people when being premeditated. If he ever had a chance in hell of being exonerated, he will blow it when representing himself. In other words, "he has a fool for a lawyer."  Amen on that one. :( :( :( :( :(

justsayin

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2015, 10:07:24 AM »
Exactly.  But I feel like it will be such nonsense that it will dishonour the McStays, if that makes sense.  I mean he's already spent a few years dreaming up crap for his book.  I bet he will see the trial as a place to promote it.  Just wrong.  I hope their evidence is strong.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2015, 05:23:33 PM »
I seen this guy on TV and he is not smart. He will be so confused when trying to represent himself, that he will beg for a lawyer probably after a few hours in court. He won't know the legal terminology of anything and he will screw himself up so bad, he'll convict himself. I think the reason he is doing this is possibly to gain more time and to possibly say he want an adjournment to get counsel. You never know what a crazy person does and this proves he's not playing with a full deck. :o :o :o :o :o

justsayin

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2015, 10:33:30 AM »
That doesn't surprise me a bit.  Time and self promotion.  With the death penalty on the line it's ludicrous.  I wonder if it turns into a circus if the judge can force him to have a lawyer or declare him nuts...