Author Topic: Mark Walton | 47 | Missing since 04-Nov-2011 | Wasaga Beach  (Read 20253 times)

jobo

• View Profile
Re: Mark Walton | 47 | Missing since 04-Nov-2011 | Wasaga Beach
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2011, 07:58:24 AM »
Let's hope that they are keeping an eye on his accounts.   There is a case in Haileybury/Cobalt Ontario, where there has been a women missing for a long time now.   Apparantly her Gov't. cheques hadn't been cashed in something like 10 months...Very sad when it took that long to report her missing..and she still is....I cannot remember her name, but she is on the OPP missing website.

At least in Mark's case, he has been reported missing before too much time had passed.  Now to find him.   

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2011, 02:36:15 PM »
Two things remain.  The old adage, I am sure that we have already heard of it.  " He went to the corner store to buy a pack of cigaretttes, in this case butter, and did not return for ten years.

or - something worse!!
Yes, , the police will have to check his bank account.
No withdrawals spells trouble.

Sure hope that they are on  top of it!! Very little being said. Nothing splashy about his missing. Just short announcements!!

JB

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2011, 07:55:11 PM »
This whole situation is odd.  Here we are heading into Xmas, and not one word of another appeal regarding this man.
Perhaps he has been found, alive and well?
This whole thing perplexes me somehow.
I am hoping that he was found safe and well, and the police have not reported it.

JB
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 09:06:14 PM by jellybean »

Coral

« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2011, 02:47:34 PM »
We were in Wasaga Beach today, visiting some friends.  We went to the high traffic area in town, Walmart, Tim Horton's, gas station, etc. and didn't see one single "wanted" or "missing" poster.  When someone drops off the face of the earth like this, I'd expect to see large posters everywhere in town, a billboard or two.  What info. is missing here? Why isn't there more of an appeal for info. leading to this man's  whereabouts?  Maybe I'm the strange one, but I can honestly say that if a family member of mine was missing, there would be a flyer on every home and cottage door in that town.  There would be visible posters on the window of every business establishment, and billboards coming into and going out of town.  It's almost like no one cares.  Shouldn't the police have something up somewhere?  There's only 2 people missing in this town currently, Mr. Walton and Penny Warne.  There is nothing advertising this fact anywhere.  I know in a big city, the police might be busy with multiple missing persons, murders, etc.  But in Wasaga Beach, there are only 2 people missing.  Can they not put up some sort of a sign, at least by the OPP detachment?

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2012, 09:28:26 AM »
I can't find an update on Mark anywhere.

deafcanadiangurl

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2012, 08:52:29 PM »
i am related to my uncle mark walton, I do not know him personal or anything like that, but im sure that i am related because of my cousin who informed me about my uncle .

now my family already had informed me now recently today saying that mark have been founded so they are investigating to see if it is him or not. so i am still waiting for the autopsy to confirmed to see if it is him.

I am sad to hear the loss of another family member. my thoughts and prayers go out to my family and my relatives  and friends who are with us.

STARR N. MACDONALD (PERREAULT)  SAINT JOHN, NB CANADA

DAUGHTER OF SANDRA MACDONALD SAINT JOHN, NB CANADA

Coral

« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2012, 01:57:38 PM »
According to an article online :
http://www.simcoe.com/news/article/1318704--body-identified-as-mark-walton

Mark Walton was found yesterday.  What a tragic end.

DEVASTATED

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2012, 02:00:21 PM »
RIP Mark you now  have wings

DEVASTATED

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2012, 02:37:44 PM »
Sad ..RIP Mark.   My thoughts go out to his wife and new baby (if wife has given birth yet).   God give you strength to carry on.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2012, 02:55:29 PM »
Here again, I thought of this man, his pregnant wife,  yesterday, but I could not recall his name, (shame on me),  and today I see that he is deceased.

RIP Mark and my condolences go out to his family, especially to his new wife and the wee baby.

JB
PS. We wondered why he left the scooter, and his jacket behind, perhaps that should have told us something?
I think it was suicide - just a guess on my part - and a very sad "guess" at that. He was last seen crossing a bridge - could he have fallen into the water - an accident perhaps?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 03:08:35 PM by jellybean »

Coral

« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2012, 04:36:29 PM »
Very little info. was ever released.  When he left his jacket and scooter behind at someone's house, why didn't that person/people say "Hey, where are you going without your stuff?"
Was it a scooter that is like a motorcycle, the kind you buy at Walmart for $1000, or a scooter that seniors ride on, because they cannot walk?  If it was the latter, then how did he walk away?
Whose home was he at, when he left without his things?  Have those things been recovered?  What lead to that departure, an argument, did he slip out the back door depressed? Were those people ever interviewed?
When he left his own home, did his wife suspect something was wrong? Why didn't he tell her where he was going? Was he hiding something from her?  I think there is a lot we weren't told.  There was no info. online nor in any newspapers.  There were no public pleas for help or info.  It is sad that this baby will grow up without ever meeting its dad.  It will be difficult for his wife to raise a baby by herself without an income.  She should be celebrating, looking forward to bringing a new life into this world.  Instead she will be mourning a loss, grieving the death of her husband.  Imagine that postpartum depression.

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2012, 08:07:19 PM »
Prayers and condolences to Mark's family. I really thought he would come home some day soon. I felt we had a chance with his case. My thoughts and prayers with his wife, and with his grown children. These are hard times.

tlc

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2012, 09:56:08 PM »
How do you make sense out of nonsense....(you cant) There is no way Mark Walton would have ever jumped over a bridge. If anyone out there really knew Mark Walton he was to cauky to have comptimplated ever killing himself. From all the postings I have read Im sure someone out there holds the pieces to the puzzle.

RIP Uncle Mark

Mom

• I will always protect my child.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2012, 10:30:56 PM »
How do you make sense out of nonsense....(you cant) There is no way Mark Walton would have ever jumped over a bridge. If anyone out there really knew Mark Walton he was to cauky to have comptimplated ever killing himself. From all the postings I have read Im sure someone out there holds the pieces to the puzzle.

RIP Uncle Mark

Thanks for your insight TLC and welcome to the site.  Can you tell us please, has Jennifer had the baby?  How is she doing?  What do YOU think happened to Mark?

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2012, 07:58:00 AM »
tlc, I'm very sorry for your loss. Welcome to the site. Is there any information about Mark's case that would make you believe the OPP can be urged to investigate further? As I understand it a forensics expert, perhaps one urged by the family, may be able to determine if Mark had the "fright" factor. I believe this can be tested in DNA. The reason why I ask is that if it was foul play perhaps a family hired forensics expert could perform tests that would better detail whether fear or other factors play a role.

Also, it would be a very good time for everyone that loved Mark and had even the smallest pieces of info to share, come forward, no matter what is on the line. (i.e., owed money, treated poorly by anyone, reputation of those who last seen him, etc..) They say he had a check with him he was trying to cash...did someone take him to an ATM, or act as a check cashing source who may have tried to "give him a lift" in which he never made it back to his scooter? 

These are things that don't add up in my book. Is any one that was around him, or met him, or come in contact with him that day in need of money so darn bad?  Was money found on him? Was the check found on him? Were drugs (willingly or unwillingly) detected in his system?

Also people intent on taking their lives leave behind markers of where and how they can be found, notes and thoughts, conversations that may suggest, previous tidying up of possessions and surroundings, possible previous attempts. Good to talk to family and friends to see if any signs have occurred.

One thing I have learned, the more you share with this group, the more people with different expertise dial in with some pretty good ideas for the family to get answers for. The more info you get upfront the less questions to be answered throughout the years=peoples memory changes, fade.

Again, prayers and thoughts.