Author Topic: Mark Walton | 47 | Missing since 04-Nov-2011 | Wasaga Beach  (Read 20707 times)

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
Re: Mark Walton | 47 | Missing since 04-Nov-2011 | Wasaga Beach
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2011, 08:03:14 PM »
I am wondering if Jennifer has family. He has been gone a little over a month and fund raising has begun.  Perhaps she has a feeling that he will not be returning, and that perhaps something has happened to him.
I can undersand that money must be very tight, as his disability pension money probably did not make it to the bank.
Yes, police must investigate Mosley Street residents, and definately this third individual.
Perhaps this scooter, is just an ordinary scooter, and not meant for the disabled.
JB

amIam

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2011, 03:40:49 PM »
JB,  Mark's being gone for over a month now to me raises grave issues.  His time is accounted for that last day, with the exception of the third location.  Nothing has been said as to whom lived at this last visited residence.
The scooter is neither here nor there re Mark as he left his home on foot
( confirmed by Jennifer)
Just finding it odd her scooter was at that residence, Mark's keys, hoodie, etc and someone called her that night, using Mark's cell asking when the belongings would be picked up.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2011, 04:10:06 PM »
The articles say Mark had a medical condition, I wonder if it is some kind of illness that could make him disoriented?

Another thing I don't understand is that his wife asked him to go get butter and go to the bank, but he stopped to visit a few different houses and he told his buddy @ the first house that he was looking forward to going out for dinner with his wife that evening.  Maybe they were going out for a late dinner, as it seems like the wife didn't know anything was amiss until the phone call after 8 p.m. 

If he left around 3 and disappeared for 5 hours running 2 errands, I think I would be calling him...especially since we were to go out. I haven't read anything that says he checked in with his wife once he left the house.
My opinion only.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2011, 04:23:41 PM »
I cannot see him leaving that 3rd home without his cell phone and his jacket.
That does not add up.

Neither did he say to this 3rd person where he was going, only that he would be back shortly.

Wherever he went, he would have had his wallet and money probably in his back pocket.

Something sinister may well have happened here - Which was my original thought and concern.
And Wasaga Beach has had a spurt of home invasions etc, which doesn't help.

However, there is something about this whole outline of the disappearing circumstances , that makes me hesitate - and I can't quite put my finger on it.
I don't know what it is........
Where is the public appeal for volunteers for further searches?
Where are the Missing Person Posters?
Why would\friends  wish to hire a private investigator first, rather than going through the above two steps.
If they have done all of the usual steps, I apologize, if so, it has not gone to press.
Come to think of it, there is very little in the press.

Every family is different in their approach, I guess.I hope for Jennifer and all concerned that they are able to find him.

JB
ps.  RBC Bank in Wasaga is open Fridays from 9:30 am to 6:00 pm.  So he would have had plenty of time to get to the bank before closing. 

« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 05:26:20 PM by jellybean »

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2011, 05:39:36 PM »
I believe something happened to Mark Walton at the last address he was at. If this address is not known, every effort should be done to track his cell phone calls and what area they were made from. I believe he was robbed for the amount of money he had on him to pay bills. Would he have had a beer and got careless, letting the wrong people know he had money on him. So many are on drugs and they want the extra cash and would do anything to get it. He could have been lured to that third address by people he went to visit. It doesn't sound good for Mark's safe return.  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2011, 05:42:23 PM »
Okay after hunting, pecking and digging, I came up with this one. Which potentially answers some questions, at least for me.

http://www.rock95.com/news/news/localnews/11-12-09/Wasaga_Beach_Man_Missing_For_A_Month.aspx

Wasaga Beach Man Missing For A Month
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 05:52:25 PM by jellybean »

amIam

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2011, 06:39:58 PM »
JB, I read this earlier that Mark Walton was a former Toronto native.  A former boxer I understand or at least with an interest, clubs etc,  I believe there is a former relationship..there was a mention of children from a previous marriage..a Toronto connection perhaps?
At the time he disappeared he was 47 and in a relationship with Jennifer, 7 mos pregnant with their child and the age I  believe of 27.
Mark loved her dearly as was reported by Jennifer and her good female friend.  The one who is organising the fund raiser.
So hope there is some good news very soon!

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2011, 10:11:43 PM »
The article mentions Jennifer and Mark are married.

Jennifer, 27, and Mark, 47, have been together for two years. They were married in May.

It would seem odd that he would leave his wife possibly putting the baby at risk and unsupported.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2011, 10:22:10 AM »
Wondering if the disabilithy office know if he is still getting a check or if it is direct deposit surely the police could tell if he was using his bank account.  If the man is alive he needs money to survive right.  I also think it strange everything left at the last place he was hope it has been really checked out by the police. 

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2011, 10:38:58 AM »
Follow the money - Any withdrawals outside of Wasaga?

Anything is possible here.

What do the police think at this time? Suspicious?  Missing?  Possible Homicide?

He was last seen walking over the bridge towards Main Street. Perhaps he was heading for the bank to use the ABM, and was robbed after he left camera range.
Searches by police so far have turned up nothing.  Jennifer has heard "rumours" about his whereabouts, and has gone to Tarot Card Readers, and now they would like to hire a Private Investigator to look into his disappearance.

I am hoping that Jennifer has family (parents, siblings etc., in addition to friends) who can care for her while she goes through all of this.  And yes, help her out financially as well.

JB

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2011, 10:40:29 AM »
Like I said previously, maybe Mark jumped ship, so to say. He did not want the responsibility of a wife and child. And maybe he hitched to Toronto or took a bus. Maybe if some media attention was given to see if anyone remembered giving him a ride to Toronto, they might get a tip there. Other then that, he could have been robbed at the last place he visited and someone could have done him harm. But I dare say if he was a boxer, he maybe still able to kick his way out of a fight. So there is a dilemma here, but I hope that his loved one know what has happened to Mark. But I don't think the police should take it that he went to Toronto, someone could be planting a seed there to throw the authorities off the track. What happened to the money??? Yes and what about his bank account. Were the bills paid, that's what I'd like to know. If the bills were not paid, he was either robbed or took off with the money. :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2011, 03:42:49 PM »
Cape, it is either one of the two scenarios. As of December (Friday) there was a short blurb that police are still looking for him. I hope for Jennifer and the unborn that this is resolved soon. /jb

http://1075koolfm.com/news/news/localnews/11-12-09/Wasaga_Beach_Man_Still_Missing.aspx

Wasaga Beach Man Still Missing December 09, 2011
Huronia West OPP are still searching for a missing Wasaga Beach man. It has been just over a month since 47 year old Mark Walton was reported missing.He was last seen on November 4th, walking away from a home on Mosley Street, near the Main Street Bridge. Anyone with information is being asked to contact police.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 03:46:28 PM by jellybean »

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2011, 12:13:28 AM »
eyes, I hope if they do know he has activity in cashing the checks (not necessarily in his own bank though) that they trace it and talk to him. It is no crime to just walk away. However, they should verify that he is not being held without his consent for his checks by anyone!  Or that anyone else claiming to be him is receiving and cashing his checks.

Wondering if the disabilithy office know if he is still getting a check or if it is direct deposit surely the police could tell if he was using his bank account.  If the man is alive he needs money to survive right.  I also think it strange everything left at the last place he was hope it has been really checked out by the police.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2011, 03:32:53 AM »
If he is in the sytem, Ontario or any othe province, the Disabilty cheques will still go into his bank. That is, if it is Provincial, or even Federal   

Until he is proven dead, these cheques should continue on in his bank account. At the very least, until the police report to the Province that he is deceased.  Disability continues on.  They would not cut these cheques off, just because he is no longer living at that address. Obviously this couple did not share a joint banking account.

JB

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2011, 06:16:37 AM »
So, lets go with that. His checks are deposited into his bank account. If there is a withdrawal of any kind I can only hope that they would be verifying that 1) he is the one withdrawing the checks, and 2) he is not being held against his will or handing the money over to someone else through some sort of force.

It would be sad if they saw withdrawals and didn't follow up on them.

Nobody has confirmed or denied any bank activity that I am aware of, at this point.