Author Topic: Mark Walton | 47 | Missing since 04-Nov-2011 | Wasaga Beach  (Read 20255 times)

Mom

• I will always protect my child.
    • View Profile
Mark Walton | 47 | Missing since 04-Nov-2011 | Wasaga Beach
« on: December 08, 2011, 07:27:31 PM »

Mom

• View Profile
Re: Mark Walton | 47 | Missing since 04-Nov-2011 | Wasaga Beach
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 07:29:33 PM »
Search continues for missing manhttp://www.simcoe.com/news/news/article/1240703

Mom

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 07:32:43 PM »

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 08:32:00 PM »

This is so sad. Him missing, and his wife six months pregnant. I hope Mark is alright and somehow finds his way home. Five weeks is a long time.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 08:40:57 PM »
What bothers me about Mark is, where is the money he had. And this is very unusual that he would leave everything at that last known address. Would there have been a robbery gone on somewhere here. How much money did he have on him to pay bills??? And how long after did this friend inform someone that Mark's stuff was still at his place. Did Mark get cold feet about looking after a baby and a mate and bail, take off with the money. Is he a gambler or a drinker or anything like that. Sorry, because I don't know this man, but people work in mysterious ways under stress. He could have been worried about supporting a wife and baby, because he was the only person bringing in the finances. Hope he is found okay.  :o :o :o :o :o :o
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 05:46:06 PM by capeheart »

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 10:10:20 PM »
Thoughts and prayers to the family. I hold faith Mark will be found, hopefully safe and in good health. Extra special prayers tonight for all of Mark's family and friends.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 11:51:38 PM »
Lots of things are not adding up is right. And loads of qustions ensue.
What time does the RCB bank close on a Friday?
Would he have to go to the teller to pay them, ie power bills, that type of thing?
Was he caught on camera at the bank?
When the third party called the wife, did she not get his name and address, or could she not retrieve the callers phone number from her phone?
Has the third caller, who claims he is also in the neighbourhood, not offered to return the scooter, jacket, etc to Mark's wife?
It will take LE sometime to track down this mysterious caller, if he has not already been in touch with Mark's wife.
It is November and cold out, so why would he leave his jacket behind in this place? If he intended to leave due to stress, which could be a possibility, why would he not take his jacket at the very least?
Has he ever done something like this before with his previous family?  Just up and disappear and then reappear somewhere else and start over?
I guess only his family could answer that one, and if the answer is no, then searches should be intensified.

I wish her, and unborn a happy ending with Mark walking in the front door.
Bless them

JB

Like the others, I too hope that he returns home safe and sound. 

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2011, 03:37:53 AM »
You're right jellybean, it is not adding up.   I google mapped the area....there is water all over Wasaga....not just Georgian Bay but the rivers too.
 Mark told his friend at the first house he visited that he was looking forward to going out for dinner with his wife.   Then he goes to 2 more houses, and disappears.   

He supposedly leaves the last house at 8 to do his 'business'....well as far as I know the only bank that might be open 'til 8 is the TD Bank...and it closes at 8 at the latest.

If Mark was going out for dinner with the wife, why wasn't she trying to track him down earlier?   The people at the last house called her (around 8:25) and had all Mark's stuff....were they going for a late dinner? 

Mosely St. looks to be the road that goes along the beach....with all the beach stores along the route, that look closed in the winter...certainly no bank on the beach...so the walking away from the last house doesn't make sense.   Why wouldn't he leave on the scooter?? 
I think the Cops need to sniff around Mosely St...those 2 houses he visited..

Now we have Mark missing, along with Penny in Wasaga......
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 03:43:40 AM by jobo »

amIam

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2011, 03:32:21 PM »

Jennifer doesn't know how Mark ended up at a third residence, also on Mosley Street, but she said whoever Mark was visiting there used Mark's cell phone to call her at 8:25 p.m. and asked if Mark had come home because all of his stuff was still there.

She was told they had last seen Mark heading for the store at 8 p.m.

She said many of Mark's belongings, including Jennifer's scooter and helmet, his keys, cell phone and jacket were at the last home he visited. His wallet and the money he intended to pay the bills with was not found.

Jennifer said it would not be unusual for Mark to visit other people while out running errands but it is unusual that he would not check in with her throughout the afternoon.

As the evening passed, Jennifer called Ekman to see if he had heard from Mark but he hadn't returned. They searched for Mark for 48 hours and then decided to call police and report him missing.

http://www.simcoe.com/news/news/article/1259412

This is a very strange missing, all seemed fine in the household.  Mark goes to run some errands, visits a couple of people he knows along the way..not unusual.  Doesn't check in with Jennifer through the day, which is unusual and late in the evening she gets a call from someone using Mark's cell phone re his possessions, etc being left at a third residence of someone she doesn't know?
Jennifer is quoted as stating what Mark left at the residence, so I gather she knows the location.  The individual stated Mark left at 8 PM to go to the store. 
Was this on his way back for his other visits, banking and bill paying?

Wasn't the individual at Mark's last stop not concerned that he left with no coat, etc.  Did he leave an indication he was returning? And why the rush to call mark's wife 25 minutes as to after he was supposed to have left the residence?
Am I way off here? 

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2011, 05:00:49 PM »
To pay the bills, did he have a wad of cash on him? How does he pay the bill.  When he is going to pay bills, does he tell everyone so they know he has cash on his person? What kind of "friends" does he visit?

Does he walk everywhere? Was he trying to get a ride? Did someone offer him a ride so he felt compelled not to take his coat? Why did they offer to take him? Does the bank have any record that he ever arrived?

Was someone waiting at the bank?  Does he just deposit in the ATM?

Does someone in Wasaga not like people walking around that part of town in the winter? Seems walking around Wasaga on Mosley street has two missing older adults now. Why would that be?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 05:29:55 PM by Concerned »

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2011, 05:40:56 PM »
Mark " Nutty " WALTON, age 47, was visiting friends at a Mosley Street address in Wasaga Beach on November 4, 2011. He left the residence at 5:30pm walking south bound over the Main Street bridge. WALTON has not been seen since. An extensive search of the area was conducted with negative results. Mark WALTON has heart-related medical issues and the family is concerned for his well being.
Case #   20110059OPP
Name   Mark Wayne WALTON
Alias   Nutty
Date Last Seen   04 Nov 2011
Age At Last Seen   47
Date of Birth   02 Jul 1964
Sex   Male
Race   Caucasian
Height (cm)   178 -
Height (Imp.)   5 ft 10 - ft
Weight (kgs.)   82 -
Weight (lbs.)   180 -
Build   Medium
Dentition   broken/missing upper
Hair   Brown; Short Shaved
Beard   
Moustache   
Sideburns   
Facial Hair (Desc.)   
Eye Colour   
Eyewear   
Eyewear Description   Glasses, thick lenses
Features   Tattoo Back, Wizard - upper back, Tattoo, Right Arm, Grim reaper, "half pint" - right upper arm, Tattoo, Left Arm, Skeleton - left upper arm, Tattoo, Chest, Horseshoe Heart 100%
Clothing   Beige T-shirt, Blue jeans, Black running shoes
Personal Property   
Location   Town of Wasaga Beach; last seen walking south over a bridge on Main St in Wasaga Beach
Agency   Huronia-West OPP Detachment
CONTACT US

1-877-9FIND ME (1-877-934-6363) Toll Free in Canada or
email us at Tips or at opp.isb.resolve@ontario.ca
(705) 330-4144 for local or outside of Canada
A reward may be offered for information leading to the successful resolution of this case.
http://www.missing-u.ca/MPDetail.aspx?PersonID=2016

Walton, who is also known by the nickname 'Nutty', ...

http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3363709

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2011, 05:55:43 PM »
Were Mark's belongings ever picked up or delivered to his wife??? Why did this person not identify themselves or have they??? This all sounds very suspicious to me. If he did not pay his bills, Mark could have been a victim of foul play. Because if he had a bunch of money on him and the person knew it, I'd say that was reason for robbery. I send out my thoughts and prayers to his pregnant wife and hope that Mark is found. This is very disturbing, because this is winter. And why would Mark leave his belongings, this does not sound right. My biggest question is, who was the last person to see Mark Walton??? This person has to know something. And can the phone company find the address that call came from, they can do that if it is an emergency. Mark's wife should go to Aliant and ask them to find out where that phone is, where the pings are. This can be done and they may find the very person that has that phone. Nobody would go anywhere without their own cell phone. My prayers to Mark's wife.  THE ANSWER IS ON MOSLEY STREET, THE LAST PLACE HE WAS SEEN. THE POLICE SHOULD GET A SEARCH WARRANT TO SEARCH THE LAST PLACE HE WAS. :o :o :o :o :o :o

amIam

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2011, 06:25:15 PM »
So Mark was last seen walking at 5:30 PM Nov.4/11. Second location of visits.
Then there was location #3...So what was with Jennifer's scooter and helmet and Marks's personal belongings sans his wallet and funds left at the location there?
Did Mark drive the scooter to the location?
What sort of scooter?  I am thinking something along the lines of more than something medically ordered as these don't require a helmet.
Sounds from the media report and words as given  by Jennifer re Mark, it has been confirmed by someone that the articles she mentioned were at the third location.  Just wondering about the scooter.  Mark had it/didn't have it/ last seen walking at location #2 at 5:30 and at 8 something someone using Mark's cell calls and says hey, where's Mark he left all this stuff here? Says he was coming back and didn't.  ???

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2011, 06:39:36 PM »
amiam - I did see in the log article that:

Mark had surgery booked on Nov. 13

and they did say that his disability check was the family's only income.

Perhaps that may explain the use of the scooter in some way.

Confusing though, as they indicate the scooter was hers:

She said many of Mark's belongings, including Jennifer's scooter and helmet, his keys, cell phone and jacket were at the last home he visited. His wallet and the money he intended to pay the bills with was not found.

amIam

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2011, 06:55:15 PM »
amiam - I did see in the log article that:

Mark had surgery booked on Nov. 13

and they did say that a disability check was the family's only income.

Perhaps that may explain the use of the scooter in some way.

But Jennifer in the report attributed by her claimed, or I think she claimed the caller using Mark's cell asked as re picking up her scooter and helmet?  No mention it was Mark's and it appears as so stated by the media; at the second location, at 5:30 Mark was last seen walking south.So what is with the scooter?
Obviously he didn't need to use one.  Not stated as to the nature of Mark's surgery.  Just surgery booked for Nov. 13
Way too many unanswered questions.
I would like to hear a bit more from LE but doubt that will happen.