Author Topic: Missing/Suspicious- Scott Taylor, 23, last seen Dec. 2 at 9:30 a.m, Rothesay, NB  (Read 72112 times)

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
Keila I am praying he is found safe.  Perhaps this board maynot be a good site for people personally involved as the site is a unsolved site where speculation, and ideas all come into play in trying to get to the bottom of some one being missing.......just saying JMO

D1

• View Profile
If Scott needs help all of the details past and present need to get to the right parties. Someone may have even seen something unusual but may not even realize the significance unless pointed out. If any of the players from any past or present activities were exhibiting unusual behaviour before or after, that should also be made known to the right people. Sometimes it is a combination or cumulation of seemingly insignificant tips that can make or break a missing person case. Often the more you give the more you get. Time is very important to chances of sucess. Any or all posts here can be deleted later as required. Meantime personally I would be encouraging as much to be said as possible right now depite what it may look like in the short run. just my opinion.

Not all the details names and such need be posted here as long as the info gets out. There are many reasons why people won't go to the Police. I won't go into detail but there is an entire thread with a discussion about that. Obviously by what has been said, no one should be going directly to the family. This is just another tool that can be useful under some circumstances to solicite and encourage information and tips.

No one is trying to demean anyone... best wishes
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 10:15:06 PM by D1 »

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile

http://telegraphjournal.canadaeast.com/city/article/1462162

Mystery of missing man deepens
Published Thursday December 8th, 2011
C1April cunningham
Telegraph-Journal

- Police have been inundated with anonymous tips in the case of a missing 23-year-old man who was found not guilty of second-degree murder in 2008.

Enlarge Photo Photo: Noel Chenier/Telegraph-Journal ArchiveScott Taylor, seen here leaving the courthouse in 2008, is missing. But there is still no sign of Scott Taylor, who was last seen by a friend Dec. 2 at 9:30 a.m. at his Rothesay home.

"We're still trying to track down leads to locate him," said Sgt. Craig MacDougall of the Rothesay Regional Police Force.

Police asked for the public's help in locating Taylor in a press release Tuesday. By Wednesday, police said they had been inundated with Crime Stoppers calls but had no positive results.

At this point, no foul play is suspected in Taylor's disappearance.

"If we start getting information that there's foul play involved or something like that, it would be a criminal investigation," MacDougall said. "We're just trying to locate this individual and ensure that he's safe."

Taylor was charged with second degree murder in the March 11, 2008 slaying of Darrell Eugene Upshaw, 33, of Cole Harbour, N.S. Upshaw was found in a pool of his own blood on Mecklenburg Street after fleeing from Taylor's apartment. A jury acquitted Taylor in a December 2008 trial.

In separate court cases, a youth was found guilty of manslaughter in Upshaw's death, and Parker Jacob Richards, a Dartmouth, N.S. man, was sentenced to six years in prison for armed robbery that led up to the slaying.

More recently, Taylor had served three months, intermittently on weekends, for assaulting his former girlfriend in December of 2009.

Given Taylor's past, MacDougall wouldn't comment on any possible suspects but said "anything's possible."

He added that police would "definitely consider" Taylor's history in the missing persons file.

Taylor is described as a white male, six-feet-one-inch tall, and weighs 179 pounds. He has short brown hair and blue eyes.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Rothesay Regional Police Force at 847-6300. They can also leave an anonymous tip with Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.

D1

• View Profile
The Police have provided a great deal of information enough to generate a huge amount of leads. Hopefully someone will have noticed something and the Police will be able to piece it all together.

Police asked for the public's help in locating Taylor in a press release Tuesday. By Wednesday, police said they had been inundated with Crime Stoppers calls but had no positive results.

At this point, no foul play is suspected in Taylor's disappearance.

"If we start getting information that there's foul play involved or something like that, it would be a criminal investigation," MacDougall said. "We're just trying to locate this individual and ensure that he's safe."

capeheart

• View Profile
If Scott is not employed, would he have had plans to go away to find work. But if he did not take a suitcase or something and a great deal of personal items, that kind of would put that to rest. I mean this is very cold weather we're having now. It is -12 wind chill here in the Cape, but I think it's colder in N.B. tonight, somewhere around -13 actual temp. I find it very odd that Scott has not phoned anyone, considering that he must know by now if he was okay, that he has been reported missing. My thoughts and prayers are with his family for his safe return. :( :( :( :(

amIam

http://telegraphjournal.canadaeast.com/city/article/1462162

April Cunningham, the journalist regarding this report has taken a bit of heat as a result from a poster/commenter on the newspapers site.
Seems the individual has a problem with the mention of Scott Taylor's past history with the Criminal Justice System..ie being accused of murder and the later conviction of the assault of his.. at that time girlfriend.
The individual seems to think that mentioning past history is unfair as they are trying to forget and put this behind them.
But April Cunningham's comments are a matter of public and criminal record and well publicized at the time and I might add with no retractions.
No matter really although I have always been of opinion..what is it re protests??
One " doth protest too much"

Hopefully Scott just took off to escape the heat at the current time and he will resurface when feeling safer.
Surprised though he has not kept in touch with his family.

jobo

• View Profile
When I first posted I took my info from the very first post on this thread....a newspaper article.

QUOTE:   (From Sgt. Craig MacDougall...first post on this thread)    "It has nothing to do with how long they're gone.  It has to do with
               their past lifestyle, the contact they would normally have with family and friends, ties with the community and those kinds of
               things."  "All those factors make us concerned he wasn't seen since Friday".

That article is what I based my posts on.   Sorry if I offended friends of Scott, but I was stating the facts from the newspaper.   On the other hand, I see that the ex-girlfriend is being trashed.....and that was NOT in print.   Perhaps that is crossing the line....she too, has family and friends.

jellybean

• View Profile
Whatever it is,  in order for the police to look, and the public to also be on the lookout for Scott, one should know something about him.

Where would one begin to look? Where  should the public be on the lookout for Scott -  his old neighbourhood, if known,  his friends and past places that he would go to?  Naturally. And to listen to the buzz on the street?   Absolutely!!

JB

« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 01:28:36 PM by jellybean »

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
That article is what I based my posts on.   Sorry if I offended friends of Scott, but I was stating the facts from the newspaper.   On the other hand, I see that the ex-girlfriend is being trashed.....and that was NOT in print.   Perhaps that is crossing the line....she too, has family and friends.

Nothing wrong with your posts as based on the newspaper article jobo. Sometimes people find things offensive and don't want others seeing a 'not so nice' side of someone they care about. Human nature, but facts are still facts. I do agree though, that Scott's ex-girlfriend shouldn't be trashed.

jellybean

• View Profile
Right on Am! Some new posters will hijack a site. Make it to their liking.

JB

PEILady

• View Profile
I can honestly say that I have not seen this on our local news yet!!!  There might have been a small part on somewhere, but no one is chatting about it at all like they usually do when someone does go missing.  This frustrates me so much.  This is a small area in the Maritimes and they should be saying the missing people here each night with a picture.  Our news programs here are pretty quiet usually anyway 

PEILady

• View Profile

JB

If I ever mess up or did, please inbox me as I wouldn't want to do that.

jellybean

• View Profile

JB

If I ever mess up or did, please inbox me as I wouldn't want to do that.

PEILady:  No, you never have. Your posts are appreciated here. :)

JB
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 12:58:27 PM by jellybean »

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
I think in this case the police will have a lot of leads to follow up on, from family of the person who was killed or friends, and the same for the guy who did go to jail his family and friends, ex girl friend and friends just seems they will have a lot of places to start with before they get to the bottom of it. JMO