Author Topic: Aynsley Aurora Kinch, 35 - Unsolved Murder (Winnipeg - July 15, 2007)  (Read 19074 times)

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Thanks Kindheart.

http://www.winnipegsun.com/News/Winnipeg/2007/07/16/4342970-sun.html

A woman out for a morning walk with her dogs found a body in a farmer's field off a dead-end street in Winnipeg's northwest corner yesterday.

Winnipeg police are treating the death as suspicious and the homicide unit is investigating. Cops have not released the person's sex, age or identity.

The woman, a nearby resident, was walking on a dirt trail on private land on Murray Avenue when she found the body shortly after 7 a.m. The sparsely populated area is west of McPhillips Street and just within city limits.

Her husband said the body was partially clothed and appeared to be that of a female.

"(My wife) was walking down the trail, saw the body and turned around right away and came home," said the man, who did not want to give his name. "She wasn't really sure if it was dead."

The man and his neighbours have their suspicions about how the body got there.

He reported the discovery to police. Officers erected a white canopy over the scene yesterday and walked through the field, looking at the ground for evidence.

Members of the homicide and identification units were on scene, along with uniformed officers, paramedics and an unmarked van. Officers were still there last night.

Police are trying to determine how the body got there, how long it had been there and how the person died.

'Mysterious business'

It was found near several derelict automobiles and farm machinery on land owned by Peter Batiuk and his brother Michael, who lives in a nearby farmhouse.

"(Police) asked him if he knew of any activity. He said he didn't notice any," said Peter Batiuk of his brother.

The Batiuk brothers, who grow wheat on 80 hectares of land, and another person used the trail Saturday and did not see a body, Peter Batiuk said.

"It must have been overnight, this mysterious business," he said. "This is strange. It is disturbing."

The Batiuks use the trail to access their farmland, while their neighbours use it for walks and dirt-biking, he said.

In addition to the Batiuks, police questioned other residents of Murray Avenue and Balgona Road to the north. Several said the discovery is unsettling.

"You don't feel safe. We've never had anything like this happen (on this street)," said Josie Majer.

"It's always such a nice and quiet street in here."

In recent years, Winnipeg police and RCMP have investigated a number of homicides after finding bodies in northwest Winnipeg or its outskirts. Some victims were prostitutes or members of outlaw motorcycle clubs.

In the most recent case, the frozen body of Roxanne Fernando, 24, was found in late February near Mollard Road and Ritchie Street. Three people, including a man believed to be her boyfriend, are charged with first-degree murder.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 03:26:47 PM by Chris »

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
City police are looking in to the homicide of a 35-year-old woman.
Her body was found in a field Sunday morning off of Murray Avenue, about 1-and-a-half kilometers west of McPhillips.
She has been identified as Aynsley Aurora Kinch. Police say she may have been involved in the sex trade, and also may be known as "Charlotte".
Kinch was known to frequent the areas bordering Selkirk Avenue and Burrows Avenue as well as McKenzie Street and Parr Street.
The last time she was seen was Friday afternoon.
If you have any information regarding this case, call police.
http://www.cjob.com/news/index.aspx?src=loc&mc=local&rem=70101

A woman whose body was found yesterday morning in a field on a dead-end street in northwest Winnipeg was the victim of a homicide, police said today.
Aynsley Aurora Kinch, 35, was found dead in a field off Murray Avenue, just west of McPhillips Street. Police said Kinch may be involved in the sex trade and may be known as Charlotte.
Kinch was known to frequent the areas bordering Selkirk Avenue and Burrows Avenue, as well as McKenzie Street and Parr Street, police said.
She was dressed in black clothing when she was found.
The cause of death has not been determined. An autopsy is being conducted. It is Winnipeg's 14th homicide of 2007.
Kinch was last seen on Friday at about 4 p.m. Police are asking anyone who may have seen or come in contact with her between that time and 7 a.m. Sunday to contact investigators at 986-6508 or Crime Stoppers at 786-TIPS (8477).

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/manitoba/story/2007/07/16/dead-woman.html
Winnipeg police are asking for any information the public can give them about a woman found dead in a field in the northwest corner of the city.

The body of the woman, who was dressed in black, was found at 7 a.m. Sunday. Police have identified her as Aynsley Aurora Kinch, 35.

Const. Jacqueline Chaput said Monday that Kinch had been killed, adding that an autopsy was being conducted to determine cause of death.

Kinch may have been involved in the sex trade and may have been known as Charlotte, Chaput told a news conference.

Police do not know how long Kinch had been dead when she was found, Chaput said.

"We know she was last seen on Friday at 4 p.m. However, someone else may have seen her after that time and we'd like those persons to contact our investigators."

She said an autopsy was being conducted to determine cause of death.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the police or Crimestoppers.

photo of Aynsley here:
http://winnipegsun.com/News/Winnipeg/2007/07/16/4344078.html
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 03:29:20 PM by Chris »

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Yes there are a lot of violent screwed up people out there. I think that because judges hand out such stupid sentences or prosecuters plead deals that are so sweat, most of these people are stil on the streets.

Let's say there are 150 of these people on the streets of Canada. What fear do they have?

Look at the case in Edmonton where all those teens killed that little girl! How many of those will end up killing someone else? Or how about those kids who killed that girl in Victoria 10 years ago? We're telling kids they can get away with murder!

Also teen swarming is quite the rage in Toronto now. Jonathan Wamback, 15, spends three months in a coma after being beaten by three youths in a Newmarket, Ont., park. He receives permanent brain damage. One 16-year-old and a 17-year-old are convicted of aggravated assault. A 17-year-old youth is charged with aggravated assault, but later acquitted.

To add insult to injury, his parents were barred from court procedings because the judge felt they would be a distraction. And another judge reducded there sentence from 16 months to 12 months.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tagged:_The_Jonathan_Wamback_Story

Plus violence from young girls is getting out of hand these days!

The point is, these cases would be avoided if there was actually some fear of the system. As it is now, everyone knows it is a joke. Most of these violent people would resist if they knew they would be thrown in prison for decades rather then months.

So to a judge, what is the life of a STW worth? Probably 4 - 8 years. And then the upper courts would probably knock a year or 2 off of that.

It's time to take the courts away from these people and give it back to the victims. It's about justice not restoration or rehabilitation although those can be considered for certain cases in my opinion.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Me either, I get outraged by that.

Today I watch a case of FBI files on TV and there was this State Attorney who even admited what I suspect about the justice system.

In New Hampshire 2 college profressors from an Ivy League school were murdered. This State Attorney person said 'Since they were prominant members of society, we made every resource available to solve these murders including asking the FBI and other states for assistance.'

It shocked me that he admited that. If it was 2 STW's or even 2 dudes who worked at McDonalds, they would not get that kind of help.

I know for a fact that if those kids at Spruce Grove had killed a judges 13 year old girl, all the particapants would have gotten 25 years or close to it.

I'll keep adding to the 'Outrageous Judges' section.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
From Kindheart:

Crack dealer likely killed Aynsley Kinch ... and she's not his only victim
Thu Jul 19 2007
By Carol Sanders

Aynsley Kinch    

WOMEN who work the streets say they're certain it wasn't a bad john who murdered Aynsley Kinch on the weekend.

They say a well-known crack dealer has likely killed her and at least one of the other 17 women slain after disappearing from Winnipeg.
The homicides remain unsolved.
Kinch's body was found off Murray Avenue in northwest Winnipeg early Sunday morning. Like Crystal Saunders -- whose body was discovered by a trapper near St. Ambroise in April -- Kinch was a drug addict forced to sell her body to supply her habit.
Both disappeared from Winnipeg's inner city and both of their murdered bodies were dumped on the side of the road.
Both owed drug debts. And by killing them, their dealer sent a message to people to pay up, said a 59-year-old woman, who lives among many sex-trade workers in downtown Winnipeg.
She knew Saunders well and lived in the same building as Kinch.

She is afraid to have her name published.
Another woman at a downtown hotel Kinch frequented said she was killed by her dealer who supplied her with crystal meth and crack cocaine.
"Really the only explanation I have is that she owed them a good amount and they came calling to settle the debt," she said Wednesday.
A friend of Saunders called police shortly after her death in April to tell them what he knew about Saunders' debt to her drug dealer and how she feared for her life. He gave the RCMP the dealer's name and cellphone number, but never heard back.
"The drug trade is predatory and vicious," said Kate Quinn, executive director of the Prostitution Action and Awareness Foundation in Edmonton, which has 22 unsolved murders involving sex-trade workers since 1983.
She said Winnipeg, with 18 unsolved murders, has a similar problem.
"The safe houses and addiction programs are few and far between," said Quinn, who started the foundation to help make her inner-city neighbourhood more safe.
She knows a 20-year-old woman living in a garage close to her home who has HIV, hepatitis C and is a virtual sex slave to her dealer who beats her if she doesn't work and give him $20 when he asks for it.
"If we want to create protection for our vulnerable citizens we need to create safe houses and treatment programs quickly. That's what's going to stop the deaths. Women have to have options so they don't need to fear death."
Edmonton had 15 beds for women trying to get clean and off the streets. They were closed in June 2004, when government pulled the plug on its operating funds.
Six dead women later, Quinn and her foundation are advocating a safe house for women who want to turn their lives around.
"We need some key leaders in police and government who are going to say 'No more deaths -- we're going to turn this around and invest in our citizens and we're not going to fill our jails with hopeless and addicted people. We're going to go after the drug dealers and profiteers,' " said Quinn.
Too often it's women left advocating change, she said. "We need a strong male voice" to stand up to the johns and the drug dealers, she said.
But there won't be any vanguard coming forward to help vulnerable women until they're seen as real people with children, parents, sisters, brothers and husbands and not just "sex-trade workers known to police", said Rob McDonald, a media liaison for the Native Women's Association of Canada.
"There were people who loved them -- they didn't deserve this," said McDonald. The Ottawa-based advocacy group is compiling a list of missing and murdered aboriginal women across Canada. It's verified close to 400 in the last 20 years.
"Winnipeg is a hot spot," he said. The association is meeting with social workers and sex-trade workers in Winnipeg at the end of August to talk about safety strategies and how to raise public awareness of the urgency of the problem of missing women and unsolved murders.
Over the next several months, they're looking at releasing the growing list of missing and murdered aboriginal women. They're considering a billboard campaign to elicit the public's help. It should raise awareness about the dangers facing all vulnerable women, he said.
"It's not just aboriginal women being targeted -- it's women in general," he said. "We as a society have to stand up and take notice."
carol.sanders@freepress.mb.ca
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/story/4008618p-4622459c.html

Mel Fitch

• View Profile
Re: Aynsley Aurora Kinch, 35 - Unsolved Murder (Winnipeg - July 15, 2007)
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 06:20:14 PM »
I am the niece of Aynsley Aurora Fitch, we were close like sisters. It's funny how life is you never think that something like this can happen to your family, it's almost like a CSI episode except in this case the cops don't tell you shit, except there working on it. and the bad guy is still out there and living a life with out any remorse and thinks they can probably get away with it the next time again. Our justice systems is disgusting, it's even gone far beyond stupid if a case like this were ever to happen any where else in the world once this vile creature was found he would be sentenced to life without parole or sentenced for death by chair or leathal injection. So to our justice system I am obligated to say this;or should I say look at it from this point of view " Once you commite a MURDER; you have no rights! you gave them up when you left them behind and dumped their body as if it was a piece of garbage; and took thier life away and took every breath they could take to fight for another chance to live, this vile creature should have no rights they didn't care about anything else but to kill a beautiful Mother, Daughter, Aunty, and Sister, they didn't even think about what type of person she was; all they cared about was money; and that Aynsley deserved to die because of it."  So to the people in our justice system I want you to think of something in a different way " The next time someone borrows you money if the need is ever there and you've fallen on hard times, and can't pay it back as easy as you recieved it, just think what if that person didn't care they just want that money so in turn they would take your life" and only your family would care, because that person who commited this terrible crime would be out of jail in less than 5 years or even less than ten years. Beause Murders have rights.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 09:58:32 PM »
Hi Mel, thanks for posting.

I am so aorry about your niece, my condolences.

Yes I agree with everything you said. The system does not work, people feel worse by the system due to light sentences and then having to go to parole hearings constantly to keep people behind bars.

Life is so special, but it is treated like no big deal by the system. So many rights are given to the murderers, and the police are forced to jump thru so many hoops to arrest a suspect.

THings are changing though, the tide is turning, people are becoming inpatient.

Do you know if there is a suspect in this case?

IT may not seem like much is being done, but from my experience, it can take time to make an arrest but I am sure they are at least trying. There is lots of preasure right now in Winnipeg to solve these, finally people are getting angry about this.

OK, nice to hear from you

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2007, 05:27:18 PM »
Why thank you Des!

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2007, 02:54:52 PM »
Great News! From Kindheart

Sex-trade murder bust                    Tue, September 18, 2007
Man already in custody facing sex charges
By CHRIS KITCHING, SUN MEDIA

Winnipeg police have arrested a 49-year-old man in the murder of a sex-trade worker whose body was found in a field this summer.
Police believe the man is responsible for killing 35-year-old Aynsley Aurora Kinch. Her partially clothed body was found July 15 in a field off Murray Avenue in northwest Winnipeg. She was last seen two days earlier.
UNRELATED CHARGES
Homicide investigators arrested Stanton Viner yesterday at Headingley Correctional Centre, where he was already in custody on unrelated sex charges that are before the courts, a source said.
Stanton is charged with second-degree murder and is slated to appear in court today.
He has been in custody on the other charges since July 19, four days after Kinch's body was found.
Police Insp. Tom Legge told reporters the man is not a suspect in the unsolved murder of 17-year-old prostitute Fonessa Bruyere because he was in custody at the time of her death.
City workers found Bruyere's body Aug. 30 in a field at Ritchie Street and Mollard Road, a few kilometres from the spot where Kinch was found.
There is no evidence to suggest the man is a suspect in the unsolved murders of other prostitutes, but investigators are probing that possibility, Legge said.
Cops would not reveal the cause of death or comment on a motive in Kinch's slaying, or say if her involvement in the sex trade has anything to do with her murder.
"We believe there was some sort of relationship between the two," said Legge, who refused to reveal whether the pair knew each other.
The murders of at least 15 women who were involved in the sex trade or believed to be prostitutes remain unsolved.
SERIAL KILLER
Legge repeated yesterday what Winnipeg police have said publicly in recent weeks -- that cops do not have evidence that links any of the homicides of prostitutes or suggests there is a serial killer at work.
One of Kinch's family members declined to comment when reached by Sun Media last night.

http://www.winnipegsun.com/News/Winnipeg/2007/09/18/4505076-sun.html

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2007, 05:56:25 PM »
scum sucking ditch pig

LOL! I'll remember that one.

I agree, I am glad for the fast arrest and I hope this guy gets the max. WHat a cowardly little man.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2007, 06:41:53 PM »
From Kindheart
scum sucking ditch pig.
LOL!! That is vintage at its finest Desespere!

Seriously though, Mel i am so very glad that they have this man in custody. It does little for Aynsley now, but it is at least that faint glimmer of hope that justice will be done.

I would assume this dickweed (since we are digging into the cheesy oldies) will be cross referenced with many other unsolved cases as well! Cross my fingers for hope.

Here is to more arrests!!! Here is to Aynsley!!! may you rest in peace girl.

~kindheart

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2007, 09:38:42 AM »

YIKES!!!This Scum Sucking Ditch Pig, gets what is coming to him.

You got that right, Des, >:( >:(

I am so glad, and also feel sorrow for the family of this woman, Aynsley. May they some how come to grips with what has happened. I am glad they checked the prison system. I hope thay do it here also. This loser, was already in for sex crimes. I say deliver the creep, to General Population, in a Penitentiary.

Thankyou so much for writing in Mel, and may peace and closure come to you and your family.((((((((hugs)))))) from across the miles. :'( :'(

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2007, 04:36:06 PM »

From CL: Spencer Viner, unsure of spelling, was in Edmonton in 1990's, which would have made him about 30 at the time, and was employed as a bouncer. ,at the time.She said this guy was the one arrested.

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2007, 02:23:06 PM »
The police, investigators, any one connected with missing and murdered women, should put this creepo,

It will be a long time before cops determine if there's any connection between a man accused of murdering a prostitute in Winnipeg and the string of unsolved killings in Alberta's sex trade.

And that frustrates Kathy King, acting head of a local agency that helps women escape Edmonton's streets.

King - whose 22-year-old daughter Cara was found slain in a canola field near Sherwood Park in 1997 - calls the legal and bureaucratic hoops that investigators must jump through so they can compare DNA samples "absurd."

"Isn't it a shame that police in different provinces can't just share DNA information," said King with the Prostitution Action and Awareness Foundation of Edmonton.

RCMP Const. Tamara Bellamy, an investigator with Project KARE, said yesterday that while Stanton Burden Viner, 49, will "rate a high priority" for police in Edmonton to investigate, he is not yet even considered a "person of interest," let alone a suspect in any deaths here.

Viner is charged with second-degree murder in the death of Aynsley Kinch, a prostitute whose body was dumped in a field outside Winnipeg in July.

Viner, who lived for several years in Alberta before moving back to Winnipeg, was in Headingly Correctional Centre when he was charged with Kinch's murder.

Viner, whose record dates back to 1976, racked up three criminal convictions in Alberta between 1998 and 2004, according to court documents.

Over the years, the bodies of several Edmonton prostitutes have been discovered dumped in rural areas. While Bellamy acknowledged that Kinch's body was found in similar circumstances, "sadly, it's not an unusual scenario."

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2007, 11:03:40 PM »
Wow that is interesting. I can't wait to see how that works out.

I was watching a show about the Green River killer from the police perspective. I guess this kind of work is detious and slow, but it has to be that way. They had 25 police working on it full time and were able to ID Ridgeway as a suspect as far back as 1984.

I am sure they will do due diligence here, and perhaps they have already determined he was in jail or something during the time?

Well, he isn't going anyway that Ditch Pig.