Welcome to UnsolvedCanada.ca

This forum lists unsolved murders and missing people from Canada and other related discussions. If you wish to add a case, please create an account and add it, or send the information using the 'Contact' link on the top menu. Please Read The Rules Here.

Question:

Why are many people unwilling to provide tips to police that could solve a murder?

Author Topic: ASHNEIL AJIT SING - 21 - EDMONTON'S 44TH HOMICIDE IN 2011  (Read 1698 times)

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
ASHNEIL AJIT SING - 21 - EDMONTON'S 44TH HOMICIDE IN 2011
« on: December 03, 2011, 04:19:42 PM »
http://www.edmontonsun.com/2011/12/03/slain-man-remembered

Slain man remembered

Edmonton Sun

First posted: Saturday, December 03, 2011 11:30 AM MST | Updated: Saturday, December 03, 2011 11:38 AM MST

Homicide victim Ashneil Singh.

Friends and family packed the pews and filled the aisles of Park Memorial funeral home Saturday to remember Edmonton’s 44th homicide victim.

Ashneil Ajit Singh, 21, died Nov.29 after police found him stabbed and shot in the yard of an abandoned farm on the southern outskirts of the city.

City police ruled his death a homicide the next day.

With close to 400 people crowding the Park Memorial Funeral Home, 9709 111 Ave., Singh was remembered as a loving brother to his siblings, a friend who could be relied upon and a dutiful son.

One of Singh’s friends took the podium briefly to thank mourners for their support and to say goodbye to a man he considered “basically a brother.”

“Ash was the kind of guy who would offer you his last piece of bread, before taking it himself,” he said through tears, adding he’s still in shock over the circumstances of his friend’s death. “What happened is a tragedy, and Ash, my friend, you will be missed.”

Singh’s siblings followed, each recalling favourite memories from his short life and asking mourners to remember him for his kind heart and ever-present grin.

The funeral home filled with a chorus of sniffles as Singh’s youngest sister read aloud her memorial.

“You were the bestest big brother and anything I wanted you gave me,” she said. “I love you.”

Police were called to 170 Street south of Ellerslie Road on Nov. 29 after a wounded Singh called police from his cellphone, pleading for help, but unable to describe his location.

Cops were able to find Singh by tracing his cellphone, and he was found lying on a roadway on the farm, still clutching the phone and clinging to life.

He was treated and taken to Royal Alexandra Hospital where he later died.

A Facebook memorial page has also been set up for friends and acquaintances to post photos and to share memories of the former NAIT student.

Investigators have yet to determine how Singh got to the isolated property or if it was the scene of the crime.

Police have not said if the killing was drug-or gang-related and the investigation is ongoing.

Singh was driving a 2003 white Infiniti G35.

Anyone with information on his whereabouts that day is asked to call police at 1-800-222-8477.

The death was the city’s 44th homicide in an already record-breaking year.

angelique.rodrigues@sunmedia.ca

SAP

• View Profile
Re: ASHNEIL AJIT SING - 21 - EDMONTON'S 44TH HOMICIDE IN 2011
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 06:34:57 PM »
This is tragic. He was a well loved young man and one who was an upstanding citizen! He did drive a vehicle, so was he likely robbed for it and left to die? I hope the police are fast on the trail and should be lucky if they can find the vehicle.
Condolences to family and friends of this young man.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 08:24:09 PM »
I think there are a lot of facts to still come out in this case JMO

SAP

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 02:11:30 AM »
Maybe so, however he doesn't fit the profile of a gang member at all.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 09:18:19 AM »
no sap he doesnt fit the profile of a gang member, but we dont know yet what all he was involved in or actually his life style yet.  I think we will get a better picture as the case progresses.  Regardless no one deserves to die alone in a farm field.  Hoping this is solved soon.

SAP

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 01:23:43 PM »
No we don't know what he was involved in and I'm not going there. This says it all for me:

With close to 400 people crowding the Park Memorial Funeral Home, 9709 111 Ave., Singh was remembered as a loving brother to his siblings, a friend who could be relied upon and a dutiful son.

One of Singh’s friends took the podium briefly to thank mourners for their support and to say goodbye to a man he considered “basically a brother.”

“Ash was the kind of guy who would offer you his last piece of bread, before taking it himself,” he said through tears, adding he’s still in shock over the circumstances of his friend’s death. “What happened is a tragedy, and Ash, my friend, you will be missed.”

Singh’s siblings followed, each recalling favourite memories from his short life and asking mourners to remember him for his kind heart and ever-present grin.

The funeral home filled with a chorus of sniffles as Singh’s youngest sister read aloud her memorial.

“You were the bestest big brother and anything I wanted you gave me,” she said. “I love you.”

We don't get this kind of eulogy for persons "involved" in something. I doubt we will hear anything more until police have who is accountable for the murder.
IF he was involved in something nefarious, he wouldn't have been calling for help, imho.

A garden of tears: the murder of Kathryn-Mary Herbert

A casefile of events and story related to the 1975 murder of Kathryn Mary Herbert (Sutton).

Click Here