Author Topic: Terry Wilkinson - 55 - Missing - November 22, 2011 - Burlington, ON  (Read 18123 times)

fan_2424

• View Profile
Re: Terry Wilkinson - 55 - Missing - November 22, 2011 - Burlington, ON
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2012, 01:33:22 PM »
Has anyone heard yet on the cause of death, or funeral services?  I know Terry well enough he would not commit suicide, and I still suspect something more happen to him.  I will miss you greatly T.  Prayers to your family this must be very difficult for them, I can only imagine, as this has been very difficult for me just as your friend, what they must be going through.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2012, 07:49:09 AM »
Sorry for your pain on losing a friend, fan_2424.   The Police do not expect "foul play"....which I suppose is leaving friends like you wondering what really happened.   
I wondered if Terry could have fallen in that water by accident, especially if he did walk out on those piers.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2012, 08:11:33 AM »
Terry may very well have accidentally fallen into the water and drowned. Since there were no witnesses, we will never know.
If he had fallen and hit his head, as suggested, it would show on the autopsy.
No foul play is suspected.
He was discovered December 30th, so I would imagine the obit will be in the papers within the next while.

JB

burlingtongirl

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2012, 01:38:22 PM »
sorry for the late reply.

yes, jobo you are totally right about the area and i have walked that area many times in my years living here. i have always had the suspicion that he was out for a walk along the beach as many people do around here and slipped on some rocks and fell into the water. those two walk ways are quite wide i would say close to 10 feet wide and there is also a concrete barrier that you can hop over and get closer to the water if you want.

burlingtongirl

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2012, 01:41:04 PM »
sorry, also forgot as for the waves, i couldn't guess what the waves were like at that particular time of day when he might have fallen in , but as we all know lake ontario can get quite fierce at times and i have seen some huge waves and that particular area is not somewhere most people would be out on a stroll if the waves were huge on that particular day.

fan_2424

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2012, 01:58:08 PM »
Has any one heard anything more about an autopsy?  I have not heard of any funeral arrangements either.  Please let me know if you hear anything.  Knowing Terry he probably did go for a walk but if I remember correctly the weather was mild on the 22nd, please correct me if I am wrong because I am not from that area.  I just cannot believe this has happened. 

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2012, 02:06:08 PM »
I have been trying to add the link for the Weather Report for Burlington on November 22/2011, but it doesn't want to work for me when I try to re-open it after posting.   So, I'll just give a run down taken from Environment Canada Website.

At Noon the temperature was 2.6 degrees C.  and the Wind Speed was 39 KPH.
By Suppertime the temperature had gone up to 3.8 degrees C and the Wind Speed was up in the mid to high 40's KPH.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 02:15:30 PM by jobo »

fan_2424

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2012, 12:43:11 AM »
OK   did everyone forget about Terry?  No news on an autopsy or what happen or even an obituary..   Terry deserves more then this.  Please update if anyone has heard anything.   I miss you T.   RIP

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2012, 02:50:51 PM »

Here's an update from when Terry Wilinson was found, ginger.   

http://www.hrps.on.ca/PublicAffairs/Newsroom/Lists/MediaReleases/DispForm.aspx?ID=1628&RootFolder=%2FPublicAffairs%2FNewsroom%2FLists%2FMediaReleases

*UPDATE - Missing Burlington Man Located*

On Friday December 30, 2011 at 9:26 a.m., police were contacted after the body of man was located by a passing jogger.

The body was discovered on the Burlington beach just east of the lift bridge.

Investigation has determined the body to be that of a missing man, Terry Wilkinson, 55 years of age.

No foul play is suspected in the matter.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2012, 02:54:03 PM »
I may have stumbled across his obits.
http://www.canadianobituaries.com/terry-edward-wilkinson-obituary.html

This may or may not be him, but the history and the age seems to fit.
I hope this helps for the posters who knew him and were concerned about his missing.
They would recognize the obituary"s hstory of Terry,  if it is the Terry of  whom they were concerned about.

WILKINSON, Terry Edward -

It is with great sadness that the Wilkinson family announce the passing of their dear husband and father, Terry.

Terry is survived by his wife, Suzanne, his sons, Matthew and Michael and his mother Ruth Croxall of Lindsay, Ontario. Terry was in his 56th year.

Terry was born in the East York area of Toronto. As a teenager, he relocated to Rexdale, Ontario where he attended North Albion Collegiate Institute. During his secondary school years, he excelled at his studies, while participating in a variety of extracurricular activities. Terry was a proud graduate of McMaster University in Hamilton, majoring in political science. He has since enjoyed a distinguished 30 year career in the heavy duty truck parts business, involved in sales, marketing and directing for companies in both Canada and the United States. Terry developed strong friendships and associations with his many 'industry' colleagues.

The Wilkinson family has lived in Burlington since 1987. During that time, Terry coached many different sports at a variety of levels. Football, basketball, hockey and lacrosse were coached with enthusiasm and knowledge. His greatest sport's passion was always baseball. Since the early 90's Terry himself, was a player with the Burlington Vintage Baseball Association. On the field, he was known as 'Wilkie'. He spent countless hours playing, managing and assisting to build the league from the ground up. One of his greatest thrills was to play on Doubleday Field in Cooperstown, N.Y., home of the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Suzanne, Matthew and Michael would like to thank their friends and family for their amazing support throughout the past weeks.

A celebration of Terry's life will take place, Sunday January 29, 2012 at the Royal Botanical Gardens on Plains Road in Burlington from 1:00pm to 4:00pm. A sharing of memories will begin at 2:00pm followed by a reception. Please join his family on this occasion.

In lieu of flowers, a donation to the 'Terry Wilkinson Education Fund' or a charity of your choice would be appreciated by his family.

'Great love lives on in our hearts forever
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 03:07:32 PM by jellybean »