Author Topic: INNISFAIL DISABLED WOMAN KILLED IN APARTMENT EXPLOSION- HOMICIDE  (Read 38366 times)

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
Re: INNISFAIL DISABLED WOMAN KILLED IN APARTMENT EXPLOSION- HOMICIDE
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2011, 08:00:55 PM »
From what I have read, or heard on tv the parcel was left between the doors. It exploded in her unit when she opened it and the caregiver was slightly injured.

Good point SAP, on someone disgruntled with the assistance that she had received. Perhaps someone was denied it for a family member due to the family income being too high. Very good point indeed!
It would have to be someone who had experience in working with explosives, although I think that a person could obtain the instructions off of the internet if so inclined.
She may not have even known this person, but perhaps they saw her at church. She was a volunteer there, so her name would be known.  These were brand new units, and she had recently moved in there  In a small town, people would know who would be moving into new units.
I like that theory of yours.
JB
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 08:31:33 PM by jellybean »

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2011, 08:18:51 PM »
If she was in fact a quadraplegic, as has been reported, then she did not have full use of her arms. Somewhere I read she has use of one hand/arm. How can anyone be sure she would have opened the package herself without assistance? Was it marked "personal and confidential" perhaps?

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2011, 08:41:26 PM »
The parcel was delivered after the little girl went to school.....I think that was intentional, as to not have the little girl involved in the explosion, (thankfully).   Now who would want the little girl to survive, but not the mom?
I would guess the Cops should be able to weed out the perp fairly quickly. 

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2011, 08:43:59 PM »
Here is a more  in depth article - In this aricle however, it says that the caregiver did not receive any injuries.

http://www.thestar.com/news/article/1094451
Paraplegic single mother targeted in killing: RCMP

Published On Tue Nov 29 2011Email
Print

Twenty-three-year-old Vicky Shachtay, pictured with daughter Destiny, died last Friday after an explosive device was hand-delivered to her Innisfail, Alberta, townhome.

Kenyon WallaceToronto Star

Police have confirmed that the death of a 23-year-old paraplegic single mother who received a parcel bomb late last week was a targeted killing.

Victoria Shachtay died Friday morning inside her Innisfail, Alta., townhome after opening a package delivered to her front door that contained an explosive. The blast blew out a window and sent debris flying onto the street in front of her ground-floor unit.

RCMP spokesman Sgt. Patrick Webb said an autopsy conducted late Monday indicated to investigators that Shachtay had been targeted.

solvy

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2011, 03:54:00 PM »

jellybean

• View Profile

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2011, 02:18:26 PM »

New clues in explosion that killed Alberta woman

The conversation gives the first clues of what led up to the mysterious incident that has devastated the south-central Alberta town of 8,000.
About 20 RCMP investigators continued to comb the scene of the explosion yesterday, said spokesperson Patrick Webb. But he could not confirm whether Shachtay alerted other family members about the package.

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2012, 11:13:22 AM »
Does anyone know if there has been any developments in this case?  The last I heard was:

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/Canada/20111209/alberta-rcmp-explosion-security-footage-111209/

She was paralyzed years prior from a car accident. I wonder if that has all been exalted? Any bad will? Any ongoing court litigation that was suspect? Victim payouts?  Here is the latest on that:

A caregiver was with Shachtay at the time of the explosion but escaped serious injury.

Earlier this month, RCMP asked Innisfail residents for any surveillance footage of streets in town as part of its investigation. Tamiguchi said they received minimal input.

Anyone with information about these crimes can contact RCMP directly. Those who wish to remain anonymous can call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or go online to www.tipsubmit.com.
http://www.reddeeradvocate.com/news/Police_ask_help_solving_unsolved_crimes_of_2011_136107278.html

Her brother didn't believe that she had any enemies:

Brother says victim of parcel bomb had no enemies
CTVNews.ca Staff
Date: Fri. Dec. 2 2011 9:26 PM ET
The brother of disabled 23-year-old single mother, who police say was killed in a targeted bomb attack, says he has no idea who would want to harm her.

"She's done nothing, nothing that would merit something like this," Trevour Shachtay told CTV News. "She didn't have any enemies. She didn't get any threats or anything like that."

Victoria Shachtay was killed last week after a mail bomb exploded at her townhouse complex in Innisfail, about 100 kilometres north of Calgary.

The crime has shaken the community and no one has been arrested. Shachtay says he's having a difficult time trying to make sense of his sister's death.

"I need to know, I need to know what happened," he said.

Police said the exploding package was delivered by hand, not through the mail. Investigators say they do not have a suspect yet, but have a number of leads and some information that only the killer would know.

Shachtay describes his sister as a devoted mother to her seven-year-old daughter and an active member of her church.

Victoria Shachtay had been confined to a wheelchair since she was 16, after her spine was injured in a car accident.

Trevour Shactay had a message for his sister's killer.

"I don't know if you're hiding or if you're thinking this is some kind of sick joke but this is killing everybody,
" he said.
http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/Canada/20111202/brother-says-bomb-victim-had-no-enemies-111202/

« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 11:22:24 AM by Concerned »

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2012, 11:32:38 AM »
Interesting. I would like to know more about the circumstances around the car accident that paralyzed her years earlier.  At her memorial it was mentioned in a news article about her memorial, that she was 15 and pregnant when she was in a car accident. She survived and she was raising a child who is now 7.  It would be interesting to know more about what caused the car accident. And, to know a bit about the baby daddy. I'm just curious at this point.

Was the baby daddy involved in the daughter's life? What was his circumstance when she became pregnant? Did he want her to continue the pregnancy? Does he regret having any responsibility? Does he carry any grudges? Did it infringe on his life prior to the pregnancy, say a different relationship he was having or continued to have? Was the mother seeking any support? Was he allowed to see his daughter? Was he seeking custody?

http://www.calgarysun.com/2011/12/03/bombing-victim-a-brave-mom

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2012, 05:32:52 PM »
One interesting thing that Vicky apparantly said; quoting Paster Andrew Rilling, "She went as far to say she was grateful for the accident and how it had changed the direction of her life, saved her life and turned it around". 
 What would she have been up to for the Paster to say she said that?  I really wonder what was going on in her life before the accident.  Why she needed to "turn her life around".

This is a very sad story of Vicky's life, and her daughter's. 

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2012, 05:43:01 PM »
Jobo well I am think she meant because she was running a bit wild it seems pregnant at fifteen and running with a bad crowd.  well that would likely be what she ment by turn her life around.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2012, 06:01:49 PM »
CCF thank so much for the update.  Glade they have charged some one with this young girls death.  I can help but wonder how a 55 year old man would connect enought to want to kill a young girl like her.  Can help wonder what he thought was a motive , that is such a sick thing to do and leaving a young child motherless.  Scarey business for sure I would say.  Thanks again for the up date CCF and would appreciate any more should you come accross any.

CCF

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2012, 06:54:06 PM »
CCF thank so much for the update.  Glade they have charged some one with this young girls death.  I can help but wonder how a 55 year old man would connect enought to want to kill a young girl like her.  Can help wonder what he thought was a motive , that is such a sick thing to do and leaving a young child motherless.  Scarey business for sure I would say.  Thanks again for the up date CCF and would appreciate any more should you come accross any.

No problem, I just saw the article on the Herald's website and recalled seeing a thread here about it, so I popped by the site to see if anyone had posted the good news as of yet, in which no one had.  I'm sure there will be ensuing reports in the coming days, so it'll be interesting to find out how they narrowed in on him and were able to make the arrest.  Someone probably provided a tip to the police that the suspect was proficient in making explosives and he had a previous connection with the victim.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile