Author Topic: Dorothy Ann Woods (Carter), 45, Saskatoon, SK, missing November 12, 2011  (Read 50588 times)

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
Re: Dorothy Ann Woods (Carter), 45, Saskatoon, SK, missing November 12, 2011
« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2012, 01:56:38 AM »
Well, in my heart, I am hoping that he is innocent. Mr. Woods (judging by his age) may also have a Mom and Dad and siblings. And they must be going through such a turmoil right now.
I can imagine the concern that they have for him. This is a very serious charge against him.   He was a suspect from day one.

In any event, it is up to a jury, or a judge to decide.

I sincerely hope that he has good represenation in the court of law.  He is entitled to a fair trial.

I am finished posting on here.

Nothing more to say., on my part,  other than so many people are grieving right now.

JB

« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 07:53:51 PM by jellybean »

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2012, 05:08:35 PM »
In a release, police said that human remains were found south of Saskatoon on Wednesday, in the area of Blackstrap Lake.

Above is a very vague description of where Dorothy was found.

This site is full of families/friends that have lost a loved one, angelbear. All of them are in terrible pain and there are no words. Hopefully knowing that others care, helps.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2012, 05:47:45 PM »
Is it wrong of me to be on this site? I mean where I have visions of the missing people and where they may be. I have no intention to hurt anyones feelings, by far that is the last thing, i just want to help, and if I get visions that help, its a good thing right? I've lost someone very close and dear to my heart, my brother 12 years ago in a accident, which was no accident! So I know how these families feel! My HEART goes out to ALL OF YOU'S!!! You're friend AngleBear xo

No, it's not wrong for you to be on this site. We're all here for the same reasons, angelbear. You'll find a lot of caring people here that want to help. We all bring something different to the table.

Welcome, BTW.

RoseCity

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2012, 12:43:28 PM »
This is the latest information in Dorothy's case.  Posted in the paper this morning

http://www.thestarphoenix.com/news/Innovative+techniques+lead+police+body/5978398/story.html

It is very tragic that this beautiful woman's life was put to an end.  Equally tragic is that it was ended by someone she was in a relationship with.

expecting rain

• Truth is stranger than fiction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2012, 10:23:57 PM »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/story/2012/01/19/sk-david-woods-court-appearance-120118.html

Tensions were high in a Saskatoon court when the brother of Dorothy Woods came face to face with the man accused of killing his sister.

David Woods, the woman's husband, was in court for another appearance on a charge of first-degree murder.

The body of the Saskatoon woman, who had been missing since Nov. 12, was found in a rural area by police investigators in January. They have not disclosed how she died but quickly arrested and charged her husband.

Larry Carter was in court Thursday and had a brief encounter with his brother-in- law, that surprised him.

" kind of shrugged my shoulders out, kind of like asking "Why?" Carter said outside of court. "And he just mouthed, I believe it was 'F--k you.' And that was it from him."

Carter said he did not notice anything out of the ordinary in the couple's marriage and added that he and David got along.

"We're both quiet guys, kind of hard working guys," he said. "[We] always helped each other out with this and that. Don't know why this had to happen, didn't have to happen."

The court appearance was brief and the accused man remains in custody. His lawyer said no decision has been made on whether Woods will apply for bail.

His next court appearance is set for February.

I think this is going to turn into a very intense and emotional court case.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2012, 06:05:15 PM »
How can an ordinary hard working man, friends with the family members, work hand in hand and kill their wife over nothing. It is unbelievable the violence that goes on in this country lately. If it is not a wife and mother, it is a chld being abused by either parent. It is so sick and disturbing. Anyone who has to much on their plate out there, go for help, ask someone to help you. And if you are in fear of your spouse, get out, get help, make a plan. But this lady could have been going to a lot and hiding it. The real thing is, do not hide it, it could save your life. God bless the children and her brother and other family members. RIP Dorothy. Another senseless act of violence. :'( :'( :'( :'(

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2012, 07:58:18 PM »
We were given clues.

First of all Dot's girlfriend pointed a finger at her husband.
Second - Dot appeared to be fearful when having coffee with her friend (but I assume Dot said nothing but only appeared to be nervous and looking at the doors)
Third - and to me this is even more  ominous - neighbours knew little about them, (no interaction)
This family, even with a daycare centre, -KEPT TO THEMSELVES.
Who knows what went on behind those closed doors? - after hours?
And sadly last, her husband had made death threats to two men.

I hope her children are being cared for by loving relatives.

JB

jellybean

• View Profile

expecting rain

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2012, 07:55:43 AM »
http://www.ckom.com/story/preliminary-hearing-set-david-woods/45686

Preliminary hearing set for David Woods

Charged with murdering his wife Dorothy

Reported by Bre McAdam
First Posted: Feb 27, 2012 6:09pm

A preliminary hearing has been set for the man accused of killing Dorothy Woods.

David Woods appeared by video in Saskatoon Provincial Court on Monday and he set to be back on October 15 this year.

Woods is charged with first degree murder in the death of his wife who went missing November 12 2011. Her body was found in a culvert near Blackstrap Lake on January 4.

A trial could be set if the crown determines there is enough evidence during the preliminary hearing.

Woods also faces outstanding charges of uttering threats to two Saskatoon men along with several firearms charges from when his home was searched shortly after his wife went missing.

jellybean

• View Profile

expecting rain

• View Profile
http://www.thestarphoenix.com/news/Woods+seeks+trial+release/6563967/story.html

A Saskatoon man accused of murder in the death of his wife last fall is asking a judge to order his release from custody while his trial is pending.

David Woods, 49, appeared in Court of Queen's Bench chambers Thursday for a three-hour bail review hearing.

The information and arguments presented at the hearing - including extensive details of the Crown's case against him - are subject to a broad publication ban.

Justice Peter Foley is expected to deliver a written ruling on Woods's application for release on Monday.

The body of Dorothy Woods, a 45-year-old day care operator and mother of two, was found by police in early January in a drainage culvert near the south shore of Blackstrap Lake, about 40 kilometres south of Saskatoon. The cause of her death has not been publicly released.

City police arrested and charged David Woods with first-degree murder about two days later.

Dorothy Woods, known to many as "Dot," was an active member of Saskatoon's roller derby community. Following her disappearance last November, friends and relatives blanketed Saskatchewan and Alberta with missing person posters in hopes of finding her alive.

According to provincial court records, city police charged Woods with several firearms-related offences, as well as uttering threats against two local men, a few days after Dorothy went missing.

The firearms were recovered when a search warrant was executed at the family's Nutana Park home.

Police later conducted a second search of the home in January, after her body was found.

At a provincial court appearance on Jan. 18, a Crown prosecutor said Woods was also facing a new charge of breaching a recognizance.

Woods's preliminary hearing on the murder charge is scheduled for October.

If he is committed to stand trial at the conclusion of that hearing, it will likely be at least another year before his trial begins in Court of Queen's Bench.

jellybean

• View Profile
Expecting Rain;  Thank you very much for sharing this update with all of us. I wonder if he will get bail?
Keep us posted, if you can.
JB

expecting rain

• View Profile
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/story/2012/05/07/sk-david-woods-dot-bail.html

David Woods, the Saskatoon man accused of killing his wife, is free on bail while he awaits his murder trial.

David Woods, in handcuffs, leaves the Saskatoon courthouse following a bail hearing last week. (Dan Zakreski/CBC)
Woods, 49, was charged with first-degree murder in January in the death of Dorothy "Dot" Woods, whose body was found in a culvert near Blackstrap Lake.

Dorothy Woods had been missing since she was last seen at her home on Nov. 12.

A Saskatoon court released David Woods on bail Monday afternoon, after his mother posted a $10,000 non-cash surety as a condition of his release.

Woods faces a number of restrictions, including house arrest and electronic monitoring. He is expected to return to his job at a potash mine, but he must otherwise stay in his home except in case of medical emergencies.

Woods can request permission to leave the house for up to three hours on other occasions, but he must be supervised by his mother or his adult son in those cases, the court ruled.

According to the court, Woods can have only one cellphone, but he must provide a log of incoming and outgoing calls to a probation or peace officer upon request.

The court also imposed a list of people Woods must not contact, as well as ordered him to stay out of bars, not possess any weapons, and not contact his two younger children during school hours.

Woods will return to court on May 22 to work out arrangements related to access to his children.

David Woods's preliminary hearing begins in October.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 11:08:12 PM by expecting rain »

SAP

David Woods, the Saskatoon man accused of killing his wife, is free on bail while he awaits his murder trial

First degree ... so he had intentions to murder his wife and he carried through. Isn't our justice system grand?!! Dorothy can never enjoy freedom ever again ... she was the victim.

I hope those that are watching him while he is on bail, don't kowtow to his whims of going out alone, as family are sometimes prone to do out of sympathy. Especially since a few people have spoken up against him and if he hasn't had any anger management therapy, I'm thinking he has been sitting and stewing mentally while incarcerated.

Mom

• I will always protect my child.
    • View Profile

unbelievable.