Author Topic: Dorothy Ann Woods (Carter), 45, Saskatoon, SK, missing November 12, 2011  (Read 50289 times)

SAP

« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 03:13:11 PM by SAP »

expecting rain

• Truth is stranger than fiction.
    • View Profile
Re: Dorothy Ann Woods (Carter), 45, Saskatoon, SK, missing November 12, 2011
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2012, 07:53:32 PM »
Thanks SAP. I figured it couldn't be after ckom released that detail.

RoseCity

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2012, 08:07:41 PM »
I just caught the Saskatoon home page info on the way to work (the link I posted).  They didn't really specify that the body wasn't there for long. Sorry for jumping to conclusions there  :-[ :-[  .  I should practice what I preach!

RoseCity

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2012, 10:21:11 AM »
Unfortunately, Saskatchewan is riddled with many grid roads that many people have forgotten about.  It is also sparsely populated and sometimes areas aren't visited for a long time.  The other unfortunate part is that Saskatchewan has many lakes and waterways.

Haven't heard any updates in the news lately about Dorothy.  Not good news for her friends and family....

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2012, 11:41:55 AM »
Angel Bear perhaps you should post some of that on her facebook site people are still out searching and may recognize where you are talking about just a thought.

raisinpie

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2012, 06:29:52 PM »
Angelbear, call the Saskatoon Police Service or Crimestoppers.  That way, you won't be upsetting people!  I hope your information yeilds results quickly.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2012, 07:44:05 PM »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/story/2011/12/30/edmonton-saskatoon-woods-missing.html
Please click on link, as this is a video.

The brother of a Saskatoon woman missing since early November is hoping someone in Alberta might know what happened to her.

Lawrence Carter arrived in Edmonton to put up posters of his sister Dorothy Ann Woods in a case that's gone cold.

He also plans to put up posters in Red Deer and Calgary.

CBC's Travis Dhanraj spoke with Carter Thursday.

cwags

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2012, 04:34:18 PM »
They found her body near Blackstrap Lake and a 49 year old man has been arrested.

Here is one link with the details:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/story/2012/01/06/sk-charge-woods-120106.html

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2012, 04:47:48 PM »
Cwags - thank you for your post. If you don't mind, I have copied the article and will post it, as the link may disappear from the paper. Thank you once again. Her brother, who loves her so dearly is here in Edmonton putting up missing poster signs until 4 am in the morning.  Saw him on tv.  He had plans for other cities in Alberta.
My heart goes out to this man, her brother.  He will be totally :'( shattered. It will be a long, lonely and desolate trip for him back to Saskatoon.  I pray for him and Dot's children,and other family members.
Man arrested, charged with murder of Dorothy Ann WoodsCBC News

Posted: Jan 6, 2012 3:54 PM CST

Last Updated: Jan 6, 2012 4:25 PM CST

Related Links
Dot Woods search passes one-month mark
Dorothy Ann Dot Woods, 45, was last seen outside her home on Riel Crescent on Nov. 11.
Police in Saskatoon have arrested and charged a 49-year-old man with murder in connection with the disappearance and homicide of Dorothy Ann Woods.

Police said the man was in custody and had been "a person of interest in the case."

According to information obtained by CBC News, that person of interest is David Woods, her husband.

In a release, police said that human remains were found south of Saskatoon on Wednesday, in the area of Blackstrap Lake.

"The remains were recovered from the scene and an autopsy was performed," the release said. "With the assistance of the Office of the Chief Coroner and a forensic anthropologist, investigators were able to identify the remains as being those of Dorothy Ann Woods."

Woods was reported missing after being last seen at her home in the early morning hours of Nov.12.

Part of the police investigation involved officers searching a home on Riel Crescent.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 08:18:07 PM by jellybean »

solvy

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2012, 05:46:49 PM »
Oh Dear!  My condolences to the family members  this is so sad.  RIP Dorothy

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2012, 08:56:45 PM »
So sad. We were really hoping she would be found in happier circumstances. Thoughts and prayers to her family and friends.

Trouble445

• Worse than ignorance...... is indifference.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2012, 09:52:24 PM »
Such a beautiful lady.......very sad news.

expecting rain

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2012, 09:56:20 PM »
My heart breaks for her children. They now have lost both their parents.

Glad now they are finally able to have some closure.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2012, 10:03:23 PM »
It was expected right from the start.  He was a suspect.  I think he relented and told the police as to where he had taken her. I had negative feelings about her being found alive, right from the start, although many others might have felt the same.  But what can you say as a poster?

I hope her children can find some family member to love them and comfort them, and take care of them and protect them, and ensure that somehow these children can overcome this trauma and become strong citizens.
That is my concern.

Who knows what went wrong between her and her husband.  Domestic abuse going on there?  - possibly!
Possibly does not mean probably.

In any event, this is very sad.

The saving grace here, is that they have an uncle who loved his sister deeply,  and will ensure that Dot's children are taken care of in a kind and gentle manner.

God Bless them and may the Lord walk with them during their terrible times ahead.

Peace
JB
Ps: My heart goes out to his parents and his  family as well. They also are grieving at this time, I am sure.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 02:24:11 AM by jellybean »

expecting rain

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2012, 10:23:35 PM »
It was expected right from the start.  He was a suspect.  I think he relented and told the police as to where he had taken her. I had negative feelings about her being found alive, right from the start, although many others might have felt the same.  But what can you say as a poster?

Exactly. You can't say anything.