Author Topic: Dorothy Ann Woods (Carter), 45, Saskatoon, SK, missing November 12, 2011  (Read 50593 times)

SAP

Re: Dorothy Ann Woods (Carter), 45, Saskatoon, SK, missing November 12, 2011
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2011, 01:02:52 PM »
RoseCity I knew you weren't being antagonistic and you are very fair minded. Yes, depression is a concern especially this time of year.

curleyredhead

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2011, 05:34:08 PM »
Hi listen everyone, we are doing a ground search it does not say that her husband has done it at all she has been gone for 4 weeks, with no trace at all.  This is not a witch hunt or anything to do with that, I want to make sure we all work together gosh, this is a human being and the only thing I want to do and hope other want to as well is find her no matter what the outcome is, she is a awesome beautiful person who deserves the utmost respect so will you please just think of it that way.  I miss her so dearly, and I am getting upset because everyone has a remark or something to say.  I just want her found for her families sake and her dad Arnold, can we just get on with the search and keep comments away from the facts.  I am very sorry that I cannot say anything or update because they are investigating it and was told not to say much so I must respect the investigators wishes.  Very sorry I wish I could but it is up to them to say not up to anyone who they have questioned .
Thank you
Sandy Lukowich

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2011, 06:07:59 PM »
Curley: None of us here are on a witch hunt.  We want her to return home. No one knows why she disappeared.  The police are investigating and that is a good thing.  I hope that you and your group can uncover something during your physical search for her. It is cold and there is snow on the ground, which will make it all the more difficult.
Yes, she is a beautiful person, going by all that she has done in her adult life re: a facebook.  She strikes me as having a heart of gold.

Each missing woman is special to her family and friends on this site, and there are too many of them missing. All too often they are wives and mothers who were unique and special to their friends and family.

I am concerned for her welfare and the outcome of this.
Someone knows something, or has seen something.  I hope that the police will be able to bring this to a speedy conclusion for her family and her friends sake
Have you been successful in getting people together for another search?

Dot if for some reason you are reading this, please contact one of your friends.  They are worried sick.

JB
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 09:42:06 PM by jellybean »

SAP

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2011, 08:18:18 PM »
We all hope and pray that Dorothy will be found safe and if that is not possible, at least to bring her home where she belongs and is loved. If I were in Sask, I would certainly help with searching, and I wish you all well in the search.

That being said, this is not facebook; it's a DISCUSSION forum for missing and murdered persons. Since this forum's inception, the general gist is that discussions take place on WHEN, WHY, HOW, WHO, and FOR WHAT REASON. Points made in newspaper articles/news articles are questioned and pondered. That is the way it has been from the very beginning. That is what discussion forums do. That is what we do. If we are just going to be listing the missing and murdered without discussions, and listing news articles, this site wouldn't make the google pages where people look for answers much of the time.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2011, 09:08:54 PM »
We all hope and pray that Dorothy will be found safe and if that is not possible, at least to bring her home where she belongs and is loved. If I were in Sask, I would certainly help with searching, and I wish you all well in the search.

That being said, this is not facebook; it's a DISCUSSION forum for missing and murdered persons. Since this forum's inception, the general gist is that discussions take place on WHEN, WHY, HOW, WHO, and FOR WHAT REASON. Points made in newspaper articles/news articles are questioned and pondered. That is the way it has been from the very beginning. That is what discussion forums do. That is what we do. If we are just going to be listing the missing and murdered without discussions, and listing news articles, this site wouldn't make the google pages where people look for answers much of the time.

Exactly that is what this forum is for.  Well said Sap

zz454

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2011, 03:29:29 PM »
Police now suspect foul play in the disappearance of Dorothy Woods

Friends and family of missing Saskatoon woman Dorothy Woods spread out in search of her all weekend, turning up nothing.
Saskatoon police now say she may have been the victim of foul play.
Woods' friend Sandy Lukowich still holds out hope, but admits that the prospects are now bleak.
"She has not been in contact with anybody at all," she said.
"For a mother to not have any contact for that long of a period, it does not look good."
Woods' husband remains a person of interest in the case.

http://www.ckom.com/story/search-missing-dorothy-woods-yields-little/35979

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2011, 11:47:52 PM »
zz454: So after all is said and done, Dot's missing comes full circle. I hope that her children are being cared for and not left to fend. I would imagine that family will take them away from all of this. It must be difficult for them - it must be a nightmare for these kids. God how they will need some strong person to be there for them right now.
My thoughts go out to Dot's children.

JB
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 11:51:21 PM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2011, 04:09:33 PM »

http://www.ckom.com/story/search-missing-dorothy-woods-yields-little/35979

Search for missing Dorothy Woods yields little

Police now suspect foul play in the disappearance of Dorothy Woods

Reported by Justin Blackwell

First Posted: Dec 12, 2011 12:58pm | Last Updated: Dec 12, 2011 1:27pm

Friends and family of missing Saskatoon woman Dorothy Woods spread out in search of her all weekend, turning up nothing.

Saskatoon police now say she may have been the victim of foul play.

Woods' friend Sandy Lukowich still holds out hope, but admits that the prospects are now bleak.

"She has not been in contact with anybody at all," she said.

"For a mother to not have any contact for that long of a period, it does not look good."

Woods' husband remains a person of interest in the case.

SAP

« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2011, 12:51:39 PM »
http://www.thestarphoenix.com/Foul+play+suspected+Woods+case/5849986/story.html

Foul play suspected in Woods case

THE STARPHOENIX DECEMBER 13, 2011

Dorothy Woods, now missing for one month, could be the victim of foul play, Saskatoon police say.

Woods, 45, was last seen leaving her home in the early morning of Nov. 12 and has not been in contact with family or friends, which investigators consider unusual behaviour for the married mother of two. Police said previously the disappearance was suspicious, but now investigators say Woods is possibly the victim of foul play, according to a police news release.

Investigators are asking residents in rural areas surrounding Saskatoon to search their properties and keep an eye out for anything suspicious. Rural landowners should check abandoned buildings, well sites and far-flung property for anything suspicious, the release said.

RoseCity

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2012, 07:48:16 AM »
Just heard some news today and I figured this would be the place to put it.  I am sure there will be more to follow. 

Yesterday Saskatoon RCMP were called to a location outside of Saskatoon to investigate a body that was found in the ditch.  The body is that of a female.  As of 20 min ago when announced on the radio, the victim has not been identified.

I put it here because Dorothy is most likely the person that was found.  Hopefully there will be a press conference and it will be posted here.

RoseCity

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2012, 08:24:13 AM »
http://www.saskatoonhomepage.ca/police-say-investigation-of-body-found-early-stages/itemid_21

Here is the link for the announcement of the finding of the body.  Not wanting to jump to conclusions, but could this be Dorothy Ann?  As far as I know, she is the only female that is missing recently from the Saskatoon area.

expecting rain

• Truth is stranger than fiction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2012, 10:15:32 AM »
I was thinking that this maybe her although I did read on ckom that this body looks like it hasn't been there long.

Eyre says the body has not been there for long and police have not yet confirmed the identity of the dead woman.

From: http://www.ckom.com/story/womans-body-found-ditch-near-saskatoon/38068

SAP

« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2012, 01:39:52 PM »
This person may not be Dorothy, as most reports claim the body was found in a ditch beside a well travelled service road. A body would be hard to miss, being there for this length of time. imo.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2012, 01:44:52 PM »
I agree with SAP. Dorothy has been missing for quite some time (November). They would find remains if it were her, not a body.

No one has yet to answer whether Dorothy's car was left at her home. (I assume she had her own car)
Dorothy was a large strong woman, and I am thinking that she must have willingly got into a car with the suspect and then driven out of town.

JB
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 06:10:21 PM by jellybean »