Author Topic: Dorothy Ann Woods (Carter), 45, Saskatoon, SK, missing November 12, 2011  (Read 46721 times)

RoseCity

• View Profile
Re: Dorothy Ann Woods (Carter), 45, Saskatoon, SK, missing November 12, 2011
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2011, 12:55:24 PM »
Just a note....we all might learn from the Terrie Ann Dauphinais thread...just because a person is labeled as a "person of interest", that doesn't mean that he/she is the automatic antagonist.

Yes, there are some inconsistencies, but unless you have a "balls out" confession, all there can be is speculation.  Until more information comes out, there shouldn't be a witch hunt against this woman's husband...

Just saying.....

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2011, 01:14:26 PM »
Rose I dont think there is a witch hunt against her husband, as I said in prior posts the gun are all ones that may have been handed down in a family.  We are all praying and hoping and waiting that Dorthy is safe and found soon.  The longer her being missing goes on the worse it looks I am afraid thought.  We cant give up yet that she will be found safe?  Do you know Dorthy and her family Rose if so my thoughts are with you all.  She sounds like such a wonderful person .

curleyredhead

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2011, 11:24:26 PM »

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2011, 08:12:42 AM »
Welcome to the site Curly wondering are you related to Dot?  Has there been anything at all?  Have yous decided on a location to search?  Praying for you that she is found soon?  Wondering is her husband Participating in th searches?

RoseCity

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2011, 01:07:04 PM »
The whole city is hoping for her safe return.  It is amazing to see so many people from different walks of life come together for a cause. 
Here's hoping this vibrant woman will be found.

Again, just my opinion......many people exhibit grief and stress in different ways.  If her husband has chosen not to be public at this time, it is his right to.  I am sure he has offered all the information he possibly can, especially if he was questioned by the Saskatoon Police Service.  Sometimes, you just don't have the information someone is seeking.  He may not be participating in the searches because of people instantly judging him and condemning him.  He may be choosing to stay at home and take care of his family while the SPS conducts their investigation.  Sometimes when a person is in shock, they are more of a hindrance than a help to the investigation.

Again, just my opinion.  I mentioned the Terrie Dauphinais case and I should have mentioned the Melanie Jerome case where in both cases the media and some people flamed and blamed the husbands.  There was absolutely no proof in either case.  After seeing the ugliness, especially in the Dauphinais case, it is important that we respect all of the people involved and understand that different people deal with things differently.

That being said, I do understand statistics and I do understand the need of the Police Services to explore every avenue.

SAP

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2011, 02:11:34 PM »
RoseCity, you definitely make some good points and I agree with all you say. Yes, we do jump to conclusions far to easy.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2011, 02:59:16 PM »
Her husband certainly has his hands full.  The police did publicy say that he was a person of interest. I don't think any of us on this board have taken that stance.  In fact very few comments, if any.  It was not helpful when one of her friends who saw Dot the day before her disappearnce,  shone  the spotlight on Dot's husband as possibly being the cause.
All of the above being said, it would not be the first time that a husband has been  under suspicion, only to be proven innocent.

There is also a possibility that she was depressed. (not saying she was) Many times long term depressed people appear to be happy and jovial, and those around her/him are shocked to learn otherwise. We have similar cases on this board.

Best wishes for a successful search in locating her. I do not live in Saskatchewan, or I would be there to assist.

I have been thinking of this little family lately, and wondering how they are coping through all of this.  The father (husband) and the children are living a true nightmare, and my heart goes out to them. I sincerely hope that friends and relatives will rally around them and give them emotional support. They certainly need it.

Let us hope that Dot is located soon.

JB

SAP

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2011, 07:03:28 PM »
JB, you are correct as well. It was a friend of Dorothy that really very much incriminated the husband. She's also on video stating rather bluntly. The police were just doing what one says in a case like that, they check the immediate family first.
Friends that saw Dorothy late the night before she disappeared had said she wasn't herself and she wasn't feeling well. That, whatever it was, could be totally unrelated to the husband. Were they checking hospitals and ER's in Saskatoon and surrounding areas, phoning all friends and relatives?

« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 09:52:27 AM by SAP »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2011, 08:05:25 PM »
Perhaps they did report it the next day but the police would not let them file a missing person report, until a certain time has lapsed, as in many cases, ie Perry Wong and Eloise Fendellett of Edmonton? No doubt they did call her friends looking for her?

JB

SAP

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2011, 09:04:07 PM »
Yes, I keep forgetting about that "adult" clause ... Well I think something needs to change about that as some police pull out all the stops immediately and others wait. Sometimes adults do vanish on their own will as we've seen with that one case in Ontario ... yet police need to make certain of it and that the person is safe. 

RoseCity

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2011, 07:15:11 AM »
Unfortunately, if Dorothy suffers from depression and has gone off in the past, maybe her family has come to expect this behaviour.  Since you can't report an adult missing until 48 hours have elapsed, this really makes it look as if there is some indifference on behalf of the family.

I wanted to mention the "friend" who went on TV to say she wouldn't be surprised that the husband "did" it.  Many people open their traps on TV, just to say they were on TV.  I remember a case in my home town (Windsor, On) where a woman murdered her 4 year old boy.  The little boy went to the same daycare as my daughter.  This woman seemed pleasant enough, but kept to herself.  We would smile and say hi in passing.  When the news broke that she stabbed her little boy, one of the neighbours went on TV saying that she wasn't surprised that the woman killed her boy.  The neighbour based her supposition all on the fact that the  woman was a stripper.

I don't know any of the people who are involved in this case, I'm just hoping like the rest of the nation that Dorothy is found.

SAP

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2011, 09:57:09 AM »
Rose I wasn't thinking that this could have happened before and it is a possibility she needed alone time. I hope Dorothy is found safe. Until she is found or returns, there's little to say. Godspeed to all her friends and the people of Saskatoon who are searching.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2011, 11:12:55 AM »
Dot had a day care center to run, and I cannot see her running away(honestly - I can't)  In addition, if she did go away for some time to herself, she would have contacted her family in order to stave off worry.

Even depression should be considered.

I don't know Dorothy, nor do I know her family.

I am hoping that during the search for Dorothy someone will be able to tell these volunteers when they last saw her, to give them a clue as to which direction she was heading in.
Did Dorothy take her car - or was she walking away? Somehow I have the impression that she was walking (?)

I am praying that somehow this nightmare comes to an end, and that she is reunited with family and friends shortly.

JB

« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 11:50:02 AM by jellybean »

RoseCity

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2011, 11:32:39 AM »
SAP,
I want you to know that I'm not trying to be antagonistic, even if it comes across that way...honestly ;D

You are right when you say that we don't really know.  A depression speculation has been mentioned.  I think it is a good one.  People who suffer from depression are fantastic at hiding things until one day they are overwhelmed and cannot keep up the facade any longer.  If Dorothy does have some depression, "running away" could be a completely acceptable solution in her mind.  The pressure of life in general is enough to make me want to run away on a daily basis.... :-[

I hope the search turns up something.  Any little thing could help.