Someone Knows Something - CBC
Podcast By David Ridgen, an award-winning filmmaker

Sign The Petition!

Help find Sheryl Sheppard

Author Topic: Daniel Trask - Missing - November 3, 2011 - Believed to be in the Temagami area  (Read 42251 times)

wherecouldtheybe

• View Profile
Wondered if anyone had any info on Daniel Trask.  He hasn't been heard from since Nov3 2011.  He apparently is a very skilled outdoorsman and was out in Temagami.  They spotted his car on Red Squirrel Road.  And that is all I can find.  Does any one else know any information.  He is from Waterloo from what I gather.

wherecouldtheybe

• View Profile
http://www.facebook.com/friendsoftemagami?sk=wall&filter=1

Here is a facebook page called friends of temagami that have been following the disappearance

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile

Hi wherecouldtheybe and welcome to the site.

I've been attempting to find information on Daniel. Not finding anything much besides what's listed on Facebook and blog spots. I'm curious as to whether Daniel has been reported as missing, to police. Is he 'officially' listed as missing?

wherecouldtheybe

• View Profile
from what I have read they are not treating it as a missing person case which I find weird!!  I live about 1 hour from temagami and yesterday the temperature was -18 so I can't see anyone out in the wilderness for over 2 weeks in such weather.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
It certainly has been long enough that they should be treating it as a missing person in my opinion.  It is getting very cold in North and not likely he carried enough warm clothes and food for this long.  Hope the family keep on the cops to get busy on this .

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile

from what I have read they are not treating it as a missing person case which I find weird!! 

Any idea why they aren't?

wherecouldtheybe

• View Profile
I haven't found too much information I'm not sure why they are treating it as a missing person.  Anyone gone for that long in such a remote area whether a skilled outdoorsman or not should be treated as a missing person in my opinion.  No indication from what I have read that he had any reason to leave and not contact anyone.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
where could did you check out the link I posted?

trasker

• View Profile
Hi, I just came across this site and forum.  I'm Daniel's mom and YES he is missing.  A missing persons report was filed with the Region of Waterloo Police, shortly after he went missing on Nov. 3, 2011.  The CTV broadcast meant that the OPP were assisting the Region of Waterloo Police in finding our son, some confusion I must admit.  He is believed to be in the Temagami backcountry area.

All information and leads are being recorded and reviewed by the OPP on the Temagami forum at www.ottertooth.com (as per link above). I'm putting a daily update based on our experience and the search efforts, we appreciate all the assistance we are getting.  He's out there somewhere, I've attached a flyer to keep his face out there, feel free to share.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 09:43:15 PM by trasker »

Trouble445

• Worse than ignorance...... is indifference.
    • View Profile
trasker,

I sincerely hope your son Daniel is found OK and soon.
Your family is in our thoughts.

trasker

• View Profile
Update:  2012 is here already and still no signs of Daniel.  OPP have conducted another flyover, negative.  Further details and ongoing information and/or leads can be found on the Temagami forum on www.ottertooth.com  http://www.ottertooth.com/discus/discus.cgi?pg=next&topic=3&page=47373

We remind people in the Temagami backcountry or those with friends going to the area this winter, to please keep their eyes and ears open.  We continue to pray that he is safe, healthy, and happy.

http://www.nugget.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3405063
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 10:22:31 AM by trasker »

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile

Daniel Trask is pictured below

expecting rain

• Truth is stranger than fiction.
    • View Profile
This should of been treated as a missing persons case sooner. Just because he is a skilled outdoors men doesn't mean he didn't run into some kind of trouble out there. The forests of Northern Ontario are deep and can be very dangerous. Some places light doesn't get through at all, and lots of places that are just Muskeg.

I hope the best for finding him. And I will tell all my tree planting and survivalist friends about this to keep their eyes and ears out when they are in the bush this spring/summer.