Author Topic: Two Suspicious Deaths in PEI/Nov 13/11  (Read 46494 times)

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
Re: Two Suspicious Deaths in PEI/Nov 13/11
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2011, 03:00:27 PM »
Belles: This is a good possibility.  Scotsquine also suggested murder-suicide. The autopsy should prove that one way or the other. If it was a ms on his part, why would he pull over and leave his 4 way flashers on?  Also the car door was open, perhaps he was attempting to get out of the car to seek help.

JB
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 03:03:28 PM by jellybean »

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2011, 03:45:13 PM »
If you were hauled over to the side of the road by an officer, if they had the red lights on behind you, maybe you would put your flashers on. And if Mrs. MacDonnell saw her husband in the rearview mirror, she may have been going to get out of the car to talk to him. She may have put the flashers on. But maybe she had no idea of what was coming and did not get a chance to exit the vehicle. I know when I had my car and I hauled over for any reason, if I was going to be there for a few minutes, I would turn my flashers on. If she saw her husband, maybe she thought he was going to talk with her over something. After all it was his day off, that is what is getting me to wonder about him. He was not on duty that day, so none of the other officers would know where he was and he would not have to report on his police radio, where he was. Of course, I could be all wrong.

Is there anyone on here from PEI that can give us a little rundown, that is closer to this tragedy, that could tell us anything we are not hearing about this matter. :o :o :o :o :o :o

amIam

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2011, 04:26:45 PM »
According to the initial report, a passerby noticed the vehicle, four way flashers in operation and the driver's door open.  He stopped to offer assistance, discovered the scene called 911 and attempted to help the male person as he was clearly in trouble. It appeared to the good samaritan the female in the passenger seat was deceased.
I saw a photo provided by a media outlet ( can't recall which) of the scene. It was a nightime media shot. It appears a residential area..perhaps between small rural towns??  Houses clearly appear in the photo.
For some reason, prior to seeing this, I got the impression the suspect road was perhaps a secondary hwy..seems very odd.

From LE statements, the male victim, in spite of his injuries was handcuffed.  Realizing the severity of his wounds LE uncuffed him.  I wonder at what point they decided to let this poor bugger die in peace and not as a criminal.  And awfully nice gesture by the RCMP and am certain the family will draw great comfort...   

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2011, 06:02:22 PM »
So what was the reasoning here, how did all of this happen, putting the cuffs on an injured party when they didn't know what in the hell happened. All officers would definitely know this was MacDonnell's wife, there would not be many offices in that Branch of the RCMP. Of course, they handcuff the male person that was with their counterpart's wife. Sticking together for sure, not even knowing what happened. Well if they handcuffed the man, he must have been conscious. My God, would they handcuff a person that was not able to communicate with them. He needed medical attention, he was in critical condition and they cuffed him. I don't know what happened here, but surely we will know more in the coming days. If it was a murder/suicide, my prayers go out to all the family members on both sides. Whatever happened here it surely is a domestic tragedy once again. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2011, 07:09:42 PM »
Did the police call in an air ambulance, but by then it was too late?  The man had died - even after police officers worked on him?
Where did I see that?

JB

Belle50409

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2011, 07:41:09 PM »
I agree with Bubbles. It was reported that a weapon was found in the vehicle. The male was still alive but the woman appeared to be deceased, or at least seriously harmed and unconscious. It may appear at first glance that the man caused this to happen so to prevent further injury to the woman, himself or the police, they would have (and are trained to) handcuff him. 

Is it possible that he tried to kill himself but when it didn't work, he opened his door to get help? I've heard before about people who have attempted to commit suicide but when it doesn't work, they seek help. For example, someone shoots themself, survives, then tries to get help because they realize what they have done and how much it hurts!

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2011, 08:05:38 PM »
Belle5049, Are you sure the weapon was found inside of the car, and not outside the vehicle. I thought it was outside.
However, your scenario makes perfect sense. It could well be a murder/suicide. And the man may have tried to get out of the car.  Yes, it is too early, and we should know within the next little while.

JB

Belle50409

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2011, 08:19:12 PM »
I apologize. I may have misread or jumped to conclusion. I don't know where the "weapon" was located.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2011, 08:36:42 PM »
No need to apologize. I only "think" I read that it was found outside of the car, I am not too sure of that either. lol
JB
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 09:31:37 PM by jellybean »

Belle50409

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2011, 09:07:12 AM »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/prince-edward-island/story/2011/11/16/pei-new-annan-deaths-blackadar-584.html?cmp=rss

RCMP on P.E.I. are drawing from a number of sources in an effort to determine how two victims of suspicious death in New Annan spent their last hours.

RCMP will draw from three sources to put together a timeline of the hours before the deaths, says Sgt. Andrew Blackadar. CBCThirty-six-year-old Maureen MacDonnell and 47-year-old Rick MacLean were found in a car pulled over by the side of the highway in New Annan Sunday. MacDonnell was dead, and MacLean died from his injuries in Prince County Hospital a few hours later.

Two dozen officers are working on the case, drawing together evidence from several separate sources: analysis of the scene and MacLean's car; a forensic autopsy; evidence from witnesses who saw them that day and from security cameras in businesses in the area.

"Basically we have three, kind of, mini-investigations happening within one. They're all independent of one another. At the end of the day all the information is put back together," RCMP Sgt. Andrew Blackadar told CBC News Tuesday.

Police are looking for evidence in MacLean's car and the area where it was found. CBC"Police are trying to put together a timeline for the hours preceding the deaths of these two individuals."

Police also hope to determine whether the deaths were murder, murder-suicide, or something else entirely. Currently, they have no suspects.

As investigators wait for those results, they're aware the Macdonnell and MacLean families are waiting too, and that waiting is a difficult and painful process.

"Our investigators have spoken to the estranged spouses of both deceased, as recently as last night," said Blackadar Tuesday.

"We've referred the families of both deceased individuals to victim services. Victim services is working very closely with families and offering support, anything they can do in this time of need."

Police expected to get the results of the autopsies late Tuesday or early Wednesday. They should be able to say then, how MacDonnell and MacLean died, and whether this will be a homicide investigation.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2011, 04:13:44 PM »
I just heard the 6:00 o'clock CTV news and there was mention of the both deceased. It was noted that a knife was found at the scene. But I do not believe the man did anything to the officers, I'm sorry, but what in the heck would they cuff him for. They knew he was with their coworker's estranged wife and that is the only reason, for sure. How bad was that man hurt. They did not say that the male had any weapon or accosted the officers or any such thing. A knife was found at the scene. And as the RCMP officer stated, they still are not sure of what happened here. And I'm leaning toward a double homicide here, that is what I think. Of course, we will have to wait and see.  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

I did not take it that the knife was found in the vehicle. It stated a knife was found at the scene and I was picturing it being outside of the vehicle, I don't know why. Because it was not stated it was in the vehicle. Being at the scene could mean anything, it could be on the ground or pavement outside of the vehicle. It did not state on the news here at any time that the knife was found in the car. :o :o :o :o :o

amIam

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2011, 04:30:47 PM »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/prince-edward-island/story/2011/11/16/pei-new-annan-deaths-blackadar-584.html?cmp=rss

RCMP on P.E.I. are drawing from a number of sources in an effort to determine how two victims of suspicious death in New Annan spent their last hours.

RCMP will draw from three sources to put together a timeline of the hours before the deaths, says Sgt. Andrew Blackadar. CBCThirty-six-year-old Maureen MacDonnell and 47-year-old Rick MacLean were found in a car pulled over by the side of the highway in New Annan Sunday. MacDonnell was dead, and MacLean died from his injuries in Prince County Hospital a few hours later.

Two dozen officers are working on the case, drawing together evidence from several separate sources: analysis of the scene and MacLean's car; a forensic autopsy; evidence from witnesses who saw them that day and from security cameras in businesses in the area.

"Basically we have three, kind of, mini-investigations happening within one. They're all independent of one another. At the end of the day all the information is put back together," RCMP Sgt. Andrew Blackadar told CBC News Tuesday.

Police are looking for evidence in MacLean's car and the area where it was found. CBC"Police are trying to put together a timeline for the hours preceding the deaths of these two individuals."

Police also hope to determine whether the deaths were murder, murder-suicide, or something else entirely. Currently, they have no suspects.

As investigators wait for those results, they're aware the Macdonnell and MacLean families are waiting too, and that waiting is a difficult and painful process.

"Our investigators have spoken to the estranged spouses of both deceased, as recently as last night," said Blackadar Tuesday.

"We've referred the families of both deceased individuals to victim services. Victim services is working very closely with families and offering support, anything they can do in this time of need."

Police expected to get the results of the autopsies late Tuesday or early Wednesday. They should be able to say then, how MacDonnell and MacLean died, and whether this will be a homicide investigation.

Oh my two dozen police officers are on this case!  Three separate " mini" investigations.  Hope they are all working together and keeping eachother apprised of developments, leads and information.
I am very impressed there are 24..assuming LE's two dozen officers add up to the normal assumption and meaning.  If my math is correct, this case should be solved and an arrest should be announced shortly.
All unexplained deaths should be assigned this many LE.

amIam

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2011, 04:36:30 PM »
Cape, I would imagine they cuffed the male as he was still alive at the time and LE had no idea as to the crime scene.  He was cuffed to the ambulance gurney but released before he died..guess LE figured he was no threat as he was dying??

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2011, 07:28:54 PM »
Maybe that was the case, but was that information put in the paper or did other people see it. It has not been stated anywhere in news reports, but possibly people who worked at the hospital were aware of it. An awful tragedy. The officer noted that the autopsy reports are not returned as yet, but said that the public will know what occurred when this is completed. :o :o :o :o

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2011, 07:33:47 PM »
I just hope that there are officers from another province investigating these deaths. I know that RCMP are very good at covering up for one another and police officers in other areas. I do hope that the NB police are investigating these deaths. It should never be investigated by their own officers. This involves one of their officers and they should not be handling this investigation. If I was a family member of either of the deceased, I definitely would be making a lot of noise if the local officers were investigating these deaths. :( :( :( :( :( :( :(