Welcome to UnsolvedCanada.ca

This forum lists unsolved murders and missing people from Canada and other related discussions. If you wish to add a case, please create an account and add it, or send the information using the 'Contact' link on the top menu. Please Read The Rules Here.

Question:

Why are many people unwilling to provide tips to police that could solve a murder?

Author Topic: Two Suspicious Deaths in PEI/Nov 13/11  (Read 18791 times)

RubyRose

• View Profile
Re: Two Suspicious Deaths in PEI/Nov 13/11
« Reply #105 on: November 22, 2011, 03:43:16 PM »
Very well said, Nish.

I also took exception to that comment but did not believe it was made to be (intentionally) hurtful to PTSD sufferers.

Thank you for sharing your experiences.  Some of us do understand.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 22, 2011, 03:50:34 PM »
I still stick to what I said earlier on since this case was posted. I do not believe any police department or RCMP detachment should investigate anything that relates to one of their members. Amen. :o :o :o

Tougher Laws

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 22, 2011, 05:21:14 PM »
Personally, I find this particular thread very frustrating.  There are so many unsolved murders and missing people (as we all can see in this forum) and always people are so impatient to find out what happened (understandably so) and for answers to be given by the police, and finally we have a case where answers are provided right away and suddenly many think that answers were given too quickly therefore there must be some sort of conspiracy.  I live in P.E.I., I am not speculating...this case is solved. IMO.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 22, 2011, 05:40:54 PM »
I've started a new topic in General Discussion on the subject of Police investigating themselves. There is a link posted below. If anyone would like to post their thoughts and opinions on that, please do so on that thread. That will help to keep this thread on topic and not take away from the victims in this case.

Thanks

http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php?topic=5521.msg79684#new

Tougher Laws

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 28, 2011, 03:17:02 PM »
Thanks Debbie :) You are very good at your job as administrator.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 28, 2011, 03:20:19 PM »
I think that this matter of the deaths of these two people has been resolved. And should be moved under "Solved"
My condolences go out to both families.
They will have a long road to recovery on this, and I  see no point in keeping this on the general forum.
I cannot see where any further comments would be useful.

debbiec. Do you think that this case is now closed and should perhaps be moved to Solved?

JB
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 06:00:59 PM by jellybean »

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 28, 2011, 04:26:03 PM »
Thanks Debbie :) You are very good at your job as administrator.

Thank you.  :)

Belle50409

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 16, 2011, 12:42:50 PM »
For those who may be interested...

A member of my immediate family works with the estranged wife of Richard MacLean. Apparently on the fateful day this whole mess took place, Maureen told Richard that she was going back to her husband. Richard's estranged wife says that he had never been violent toward her in the past and she was shocked to hear of this happening.

I guess "love" can make us do strange and uncharacteristic things....

Nish

• I can't get PTSD, I'm a carrier.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 17, 2011, 04:39:34 AM »
Thanks for the info, Belle. I hope Richard's wife can move on with her life. No doubt it's not an easy wound to heal.

I hope this thread is preserved here. I hope that some of the people who were absolutely convinced that it was the cop can reflect and see that being a member of the RCMP doesn't make one suspect in a crime by default, nor should it rule them out, either. I completely understand where some have animosity and feelings of mistrust for police...but it doesn't qualify all for scrutiny automatically, IMO.

This thread contained speculation (now deleted) that was personally offensive to me and to many people I know. That hurt. Whether it was meant to be intentionally hurtful really doesn't matter a whole lot when you see the words and the malice that they convey. We've come a long way with some things in a short amount of time and it really only takes one bit of malicious posting to ruin it. [Speaking of things related to my personal experiences, nothing to do with the site]

I breathed a sigh of relief upon finding out that this was closed because it keeps the Mounties out of the firing line that they themselves have been apt at putting themselves into of late.

Nish

« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 10:22:37 AM by Nish »

rebelgirl

• Reaching Everyone By Exposing Lies
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 17, 2012, 09:11:35 AM »
I've read a few comments on this thread about it being hard to believe that one could commit suicide  by stabbing ones self repeatedly and I just wanted to comment on that....
While it is hard to believe it's not impossible stranger things have happened...

"In California in 1993, a man who used chainsaws to trim trees became the first U.S. victim of suicide-by-chainsaw. Richard Possehl, 27, pressed the running saw against his neck, nearly removing his head. He was found near a cemetery. Not sure this could be a suicide, authorities re-enacted the incident with a mannequin to ensure that he could have killed himself in this manner, and it proved to be possible. Possehl's fingerprints were the only ones on the saw."

I did not give credit to the writer for this paragraph because I can not remember where I got it, but I'm sure where it only happened in '93 it could be searched pretty quickly.

RubyRose

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 17, 2012, 10:08:47 AM »
Hi rebelgirl

While I would not think stabbing oneself repeatedly would be a preferred (if there is such a thing) way to commit suicide, I would not doubt for a moment that it can and does happen.  Who would really know what is going through an individual's mind at that time?

Nish

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 17, 2012, 11:28:22 AM »
Hey, I think detergent suicide is a nasty way to go... I think all suicide would take a hell of a a lot of something to pull off...but that's me. I can't say  understand it because I do not.

Nish

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 17, 2012, 05:36:47 PM »
It would be interesting to know the statistics on this type of crime, which is very unusual. I believe it had to be something he had in his mind or he would not have had a knife with him. I will never understand this kind of thinking. Why can't men take rejection, it is pathetic. Just last week a lady in NB was murdered and the murderer went home and killed himself in front of another female. Well we don't know the reasoning in that one and we don't know the manner of death. These people are young and have so much to live for. What seems today like a major disaster, in ten months or so, the tide changes and the waters are smoother. We've all had suffering of some kind, but taking someone's life and then wanting to kill yourself too, there are other options for sure. It leave so many people in pain when this happens to a family. Murder is horrible, but suicide is just as horrible, it is not a good legacy to leave your children or family members. My thoughts go out to the family in this case, they will never get over it. :o :o :o :o :o :o

Nish

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 18, 2012, 07:55:16 AM »
Why can't men take rejection, it is pathetic.

Speaking as someone who had to file for a peace bond against a former girlfriend; I can state, with absolute certainty, that it is not always the man who is the problem. Perhaps that's not what you were trying to say, but it most certainly is how it comes across.

Nish

A garden of tears: the murder of Kathryn-Mary Herbert

A casefile of events and story related to the 1975 murder of Kathryn Mary Herbert (Sutton).

Click Here