Author Topic: James Joseph Gallagher 71 missing Nov 2 2011  (Read 10900 times)

devlee

• View Profile
Re: James Joseph Gallagher 71 missing Nov 2 2011
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2012, 07:47:13 PM »
I lived and worked for a lot of years in the area that Mr. Gallagher has gone missing in and there are many, many places he could have gone.  There are a lot of roads that are only summer roads in that area, lots of dense bush and lots of water.  I suspect that they will find Mr. Gallagher and/or his truck this spring when the snow/ice is gone and people move into their summer bush camps.  There are also a couple of really rough communities on his way home where he might have been victimized.  I feel for his family, having no answers is so distressing.

Canuck00

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2012, 04:56:28 PM »
Yes, I've travelled the Hanson Lake Road quite often years ago, there is a thousand little roads he could have went up, cut lines, ect. This is a terrible, horrible case that escapes me on how a tragedy like this could even be prevented? I believe it could have happened to anyone. I don't wish to be presumptious as of course I don't know the man or his family, but I would speculate and say this could have happened to anyone who has a relative that is getting on in years, and slowly, gradually is slipping, so gradual that it's very difficult to say when it's time to start thinking about taking away the license, keys and going into a home. This was probably a guy who was always quite strong, independant, and intelligent. And no one wants to reach "that" day to make tough decisions for someone that never needed anyones help before. How could this be prevented? I really connect with the family in this case, they must feel terrible, and, incorrectly I might add, probably feel somewhat responsible. I have a family member who probably shouldn't be driving, and maybe it is time to sit and have "that" talk, but that is a really tough bridge to cross. I guess if there's a lesson here, maybe that is it, and maybe a life can be saved because of the lessons learned here. Not sure what more can be expressed here, other than my prayers are with him and his family.

devlee

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2012, 07:13:04 AM »
Missing man's truck found in lake

THE STARPHOENIX MAY 7, 2012http://www.thestarphoenix.com/news/Missing+truck+found+lake/6576712/story.html#ixzz1uBn1Nw1V

solvy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2012, 10:58:19 PM »
 A sad outcome indeed.  RIP James

SAP

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2012, 12:35:02 AM »
RIP James. Condolences to family. Very sad ending.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2012, 12:52:54 AM »
My thoughts are with Jame's family. Very sad outcome, but I'm glad that James has finally been found.

RIP James.

devlee

• View Profile

SAP

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2012, 01:59:57 PM »
Thank you Devlee.
What a horrific fright James must have had. To realize he was drowning, on top of the confusion he was in.
Anyone who has elderly relatives living alone really need to spend time with them to get to know if there is forgetfulness and confusion setting in. It is a very difficult time for all when the senior becomes restricted and he/she feels they are doing alright however there are social agencies able to assist with the problems. I have seen it many times when seniors were restricted from driving etc and it is very difficult taking away their independence and a very difficult time for family members as well. No one wants to lose or take away someone's freedoms.

trasker

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2012, 11:07:33 AM »
I just learned about James missing and his untimely death on a broadcast today Missing Men in Canada (CBC Radio One Toronto 99.1, Noon-1pm EST) by Shannon Jardine.  This is so sad, but does bring answers to the family and friends, but still difficult to accept.  Our son Daniel Trask, missing since Nov. 3, 2011 is still missing, even after his winter clothing was found on May 20, 2012 and area searched extensively by the OPP and then by ourselves, extending the search area.  It is troubling, so many unanswered questions. 

"Thanks" to Shannon for sharing her experience about her Uncle James and for helping to raise awareness for all of us who are still searching for our missing loved ones, we are very greatful, very brave of you !