Author Topic: Carole-Anne Remillard and Rebecca Lavoie, both 10  (Read 5726 times)

Carol-Lynn

Carole-Anne Remillard and Rebecca Lavoie, both 10
« on: July 14, 2007, 09:58:47 AM »
By CP

MONTREAL -- Quebec police have teamed up with American authorities in searching for two young girls who went missing yesterday afternoon south of Montreal.

Police say Carole-Anne Remillard and Rebecca Lavoie, both 10, disappeared in a wooded area near the campground where they were staying.

Quebec provincial police launched an intensive search near Havelock, Que., which abuts the U.S. border, using helicopters and search dogs.

U.S. border guards and forest rangers are also taking part in the search.

The public is being asked to call police with any information related to the case.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/Canada/2007/07/14/pf-4338917.html

Dudovski

• View Profile
Re: Carole-Anne Remillard and Rebecca Lavoie, both 10
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 11:35:30 PM »
I have found something while searching on the "www.av.com" website that led me to the following text (for those who understand french):

Les fillettes port?es disparues ? Havelock ont ?t? retrac?es saines et sauves...
Fillettes

(BRANCHEZ-VOUS.info: Quebec - Canada)
HAVELOCK (PC) - Les deux fillettes de 10 ans qui ?taient port?es disparues depuis vendredi apr?s-midi ? Havelock, en Mont?r?gie, tout pr?s de la fronti?re am?ricaine, ont ?t? retrouv?es saines et sauves dans la nuit de samedi. Carolane R?millard et Rebecca Lavoie, qui s'?taient aventur?es dans un bois? ? proximit? du camping o? elles se trouvaient, ont ?t? retrac?es vers 3h30 du matin sur le terrain de quot;paintball quot; du camping.

Fortunately, it has been one of the rare cases that had a happy ending.

Source: http://www.dicodunet.com/actualites/normes/6403-saines-lectures.htm

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 12:32:47 AM »
The missing reported young girls with Havelock were recalled healthy and save... Young girls (BRANCHEZ-VOUS.info: Quebec - Canada) HAVELOCK (PC) - two the 10 year old young girls which had been reported missing for Friday afternoon in Havelock, in Mont?r?gie, very close to the American border, were found healthy and save in the night of Saturday. Carolane R?millard and Rebecca Lavoie, which had ventured in timbered near the camp-site where they were, were recalled towards 3h30 of the morning on the ground of quot;paintball quot; camp-site. Last Saturday in afternoon, a man would have approached a 13 year old teenager who kept the young girl of Mrs. Girard, close to the place where the bicycle of small C?drika was found. "He said [ with the guardian ] that she was beautiful and it invited it to come to bathe at his place" tells Jenny Girard. In front of the refusal of the girl, the man would have said that it was going to pass by again. One hour later, it would have returned r?der in front of the house of Mrs. Girard, who had returned meanwhile. "I feel guilty not to have called the police force", acknowledges Jenny Girard, who did not suspect sinister turning that the events were going to take. It is one of his/her friends who contacted the police force, last Wednesday.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 12:35:07 AM »
Salut Dudovski !

C'est grand pour entendre. Oui, il fait toujours beau d'avoir une fin heureuse, je suis s?r que la famille est tr?s heureuse. Merci pour la signalisation.

I have found something while searching on the "www.av.com" website that led me to the following text (for those who understand french):

Les fillettes port?es disparues ? Havelock ont ?t? retrac?es saines et sauves...
Fillettes

(BRANCHEZ-VOUS.info: Quebec - Canada)
HAVELOCK (PC) - Les deux fillettes de 10 ans qui ?taient port?es disparues depuis vendredi apr?s-midi ? Havelock, en Mont?r?gie, tout pr?s de la fronti?re am?ricaine, ont ?t? retrouv?es saines et sauves dans la nuit de samedi. Carolane R?millard et Rebecca Lavoie, qui s'?taient aventur?es dans un bois? ? proximit? du camping o? elles se trouvaient, ont ?t? retrac?es vers 3h30 du matin sur le terrain de quot;paintball quot; du camping.

Fortunately, it has been one of the rare cases that had a happy ending.

Source: http://www.dicodunet.com/actualites/normes/6403-saines-lectures.htm

Dudovski

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 10:52:21 AM »
Excellent translating work Chris. Merci d'avoir pris le temps de traduire, il ?tait tard et je n'avais plus d'?nergie afin de le faire...

Miss R

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 02:20:20 PM »
Chris:  I'm trying to find a follow-up to this story and see if the Quebec police had questioned or made any arrests.

To quote:  He said [ with the guardian ] that she was beautiful and it invited it to come to bathe at his place"

Who is this guy??? 

Sleuth

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 12:54:57 AM »
Who is this guy??? This guy is a sick perv, and I hope he is caught, charged and thrown in the clanger, lickity-split.

Sleuth

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 12:55:57 AM »
How far away is this from where Cedrika went missing? Anyone know?

Miss R

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2010, 11:04:42 AM »
Havelock is located between Montreal and the NY State.  It's a small town in the Quebec region of Monteregie.  The 2006 census states a population of 761.

Hwy 202 cuts across this town.  A link to HWY 201 will get you to the 401. 

Umm....Is there a possibly that travellers find a need to go through Havelock to bypass the busy highways of Montreal just to head either the east or west direction quite quickly? 

Woodland

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2010, 12:53:22 PM »
Havelock - as in if one was travelling from the states?  Sure I would avoid the Montreal traffic with that route.  I might also cross at Niagara Falls if wanting to go to Grimsby.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2010, 11:43:46 PM »
I don't have any updates on this case.

Sleuth

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2010, 11:51:53 PM »
Grimsby I know, close to the Welland Canal....as in Welland and the Welland Canal.