Author Topic: Taylor Van Diest - 18 - Murdered - Oct. 31, 2011 - Armstrong, BC  (Read 68297 times)

D1

• View Profile
Re: Taylor Van Diest - 18 - Murdered - Oct. 31, 2011 - Armstrong, BC
« Reply #90 on: April 05, 2012, 03:36:03 PM »
There was the dna aspect to all of this. It will be quite educational to hear how all of that played out with testing procedures and waiting times, warrant approval, etc. , Many other cases seem to have just gone silent and stayed that way after testing was announced. It is always good to see one make it past that stage and to be followed up with charges. Many will be interested how this came about for Taylor.

But excellent excellent news..

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 05, 2012, 03:40:53 PM »
My family and I spent many wonderful summer vacations, and other holidiys at Sugar Lake just outside of Cherryville.
This is a very small community, close to Vernon and Kelowna.
I would think that gossip in Cherryville would have been very thick, and the RCMP love to keep their ears close to the ground and listen to gossip.
Wonderful job done! Only 6 months and the RCMP made these arrests.  Wonderful news!! Here, DNA played an important part in clinching it, which is not always the case in crimes.!!
Excellent police work on the part of the RCMP.

JB

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 05, 2012, 03:44:07 PM »
There was the dna aspect to all of this. It will be quite educational to hear how all of that played out with testing procedures and waiting times, warrant approval, etc.

It would be interesting and educational to hear how all of that played out.

We now know that it was Mathew Forester's DNA that was found at the 2005 sexual assault and eventually what  lead police to tie him to Taylor's murder. I wonder if there is more yet to come on all the years in between 2005 and 2011?

Have faith

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 05, 2012, 05:01:12 PM »
Good police work nailing this guy, and his father.  I wonder why he isn't being charged with first degree murder.  Does that suggest he wasn't the person who wrote to LE saying he would attack again?  That message denotes premeditation IMO.

A quote by James C. Morton, Past President of the Ontario Bar Association:

"First degree murder includes a killing while committing or attempting to commit sexual assault".

Hf
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 11:02:31 AM by Have faith »

SAP

« Reply #94 on: April 05, 2012, 08:16:37 PM »
Great news! Imagine father and son duo ... how disgusting what some parents will do! 

Shadow Girl

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 06, 2012, 03:48:49 AM »
http://news.ca.msn.com/top-stories/father-son-arrested-in-taylor-van-diests-death

I added this article because it shows what the Suspect looks like.  I am glad the Cops have done a great job and arrested someone.  Just a little disturbed to know he was here in Ontario.  I wonder if he is connected to any of the UNsolved crimes in Ontario.  He ended up in Collingwood, so was he going back and forth between BC and Ontario, or did he just run to Ontario to hide?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 04:34:40 AM by jobo »

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 06, 2012, 08:41:03 AM »

Thanks jobo. I've posted the picture of the suspect as well as the composite.

Annastaisha

• "Happy people just don't shoot their husbands..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 06, 2012, 02:31:46 PM »
I am impressed because he really and truly does look like the witness description/artist rendering. Not always is that the case.
Good police work and I am glad that he will be held responsible. I am also very impressed that his father is getting charged too. We need to send a clear message about helping those who commit these horrific crimes.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 06, 2012, 06:08:00 PM »
Jobo, Yes it is disturbing as to how he ended up in Collingwood Ont, when he was from Cherryville, BC. Perhaps he had relatives there?  Don't know.  One thing that struck me many times, is to how we seem to trade murderers, rapists, etc.  The Eastern perp heads West, and the Western perps head East.  Always to get as far away as possible from their crimes. Rather like an underground Interprovincial free trade agreement? ;)
Yes, it is imperative for LE to know if other crimes were committed in Ontario by this man. He had stated by way of a letter, that there would be others.

Super Scary, as to how " they" move around.

Question, did I hear correctly on the newscast that Taylor knew him?

JB

« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 06:15:36 PM by jellybean »

Mom

• I will always protect my child.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 06, 2012, 06:55:07 PM »

Collingwood is only about 40 minutes from Shelley Loder's house in Mono Mills.  Wonder if he knows the area?
Orangeville is then only a couple of minutes down the road.... wonder what size his feet are?

(when studying the attached photo, the perspective is slightly different - the two actual photos are both taken looking UP to him, that's why we're getting the double chin effect and a broader nostril than what is probably accurate.  The sketch is done straight-on eye level.)

Is my imagination running away with me....?

Annastaisha

• "Happy people just don't shoot their husbands..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 06, 2012, 07:39:36 PM »
JB - the last news report I heard said that they dont believe Taylor knew him.

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 06, 2012, 08:23:43 PM »
Interesting photo comparison Mom but the dates? Have yet to hear who he was staying with and when or who he knew out in Ontario.

I have never heard of any connection between him and Taylor either and so far it seems a completely random attack. Bizarre way of operating and good thing he was stopped. 
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 08:28:42 PM by D1 »

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 06, 2012, 08:44:57 PM »
This man's unusual facial hair style and his DNA played a role in catching him for sure. As for the police sketch, it wouldn't have helped anyone find him apart from the geometric styling of the sideburns which also evoke the trendy beard only look in the photo. The sketch with sideburns that was circulated to help solve the murder looks like it is of someone of mixed race with very broad nostrils and a strong chin, whereas Foerster (sometimes reported as Forester?) had gained a fair bit of weight over the years apparently but still has a fairly small nose. 

The lengthy article suggests that Taylor either had a twin sister (which I have never read before) or was it saying her uncle had a twin sister? In which case wouldn't that be her aunt? Unclear reporting.