Welcome to UnsolvedCanada.ca

This forum lists unsolved murders and missing people from Canada and other related discussions. If you wish to add a case, please create an account and add it, or send the information using the 'Contact' link on the top menu. Please Read The Rules Here.

Question:

Why are many people unwilling to provide tips to police that could solve a murder?

Author Topic: Jolene Cote 36 - Murdered - October 13, 2011 - Edmonton, AB  (Read 31833 times)

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
Re: Jolene Cote 36 - Murdered - October 13, 2011 - Edmonton, AB
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2011, 01:00:41 PM »
Leona did you read in a release that she was killed INSIDE her home?

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2011, 01:09:31 PM »
She was found dead last Thursday in her large, new house that sits on a one-acre parcel in a subdivision northeast of Spruce Grove.

Police received a 911 call reporting an injured person around 6 a.m. When they arrived, they found Cote. She was pronounced dead at the scene.

------------------------
So,  she was found dead in her home and I am presuming she was killed in her home...

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2011, 03:37:49 PM »
Very little is mentioned of him, other than he is devastated. I have a feeling that he discovered her, as he was initally questioned by police and is considered a witness. It was her family that gave the appeal to the public
I hope he is getting help with the care of the children. (Probably her family is)

By the wording and the behaviour of the RCMP, I have a feeling that they have someone in mind (just my thoughts), and by the appeal they are hoping that this person will step forward and get it off of their chest. (once again, just my hope)
What a shock this must be to them.  Suddenly,  out of the blue, there is a horrible death in their family.
Bless them.

JB
ps>  He may have worked a night shift. We don't know. If so, there is a similar outstanding case here in Edmonton. They believe it was a break and enter gone bad.
Link attached.
http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php?topic=4882.0
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 01:19:31 PM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2011, 08:05:03 PM »
http://www.talkofthetown.name/Jolene-Cote-Memorial.html
This tells us more about beautiful Jolene.  She was a credit to all who knew her.
She and her husband loved to scuba dive, and they were into sports. They did everything together. They always spoke highly of each other. He must be devastated.
I so hope the police are successful on this one.

JB
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 12:16:47 AM by jellybean »

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2011, 09:35:19 PM »
Just heart breaking.

SAP

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2011, 11:48:26 AM »
Police received a 911 call reporting an injured person around 6 a.m. When they arrived, they found Cote. She was pronounced dead at the scene.

There are no suspects or persons of interest in the case, Spruce Grove RCMP Const. Barbara Roy said Wednesday.

Not a mention of a break and enter, nor any signs of an intruder coming into the house some way. That, imo, wouldn't be something police hold back ... or would it be? 

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2011, 04:36:09 PM »
This article does says that EMS arrived on  the scene.  This is a little different from the other articles.
http://www.sprucegroveexaminer.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3340659

Last week’s death of Greystone teacher now ruled a homicide
By Jordan Wilkins

Posted 1 month ago
quote:
Jolene Marie Cote, 36, was found dead in her residence on Range Road 264 north of the Yellowhead, after EMS were called to the scene with a report of an injured person on Oct. 13. unquote
And

Originally classified as a suspicious death, the RCMP ruled the matter a homicide after an autopsy last Friday.

RCMP released statement saying that they are exploring a number of different avenues of investigation in this case, as the cause of death is not being released at this time.

The statement also recognizes that members of the public may be concerned with their safety but that there is no reason to do anything different to keep themselves safe.
unquote:

« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 04:41:37 PM by jellybean »

SAP

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2011, 02:52:28 AM »
Thanks for that. At least it makes more sense now.

I hesitated writing this following b/c I couldn't remember the name of the little place, and it probably is not connected ... however I will, just b/c it bothers me. (Remembered the place ... Gainford, Ab)
About 22 years ago a woman was killed just off Highway 16, in her farmhouse. She was found at the kitchen sink on the floor ... I was told it looked as though she was beginning the evening meal for her family. Her back would have been to the door. At the time it was called random. There were no clues left but there was talk that the perp was possibly someone driving down the highway and that his brainwave cycle hit that spot that propels him to murder. I can't get this thought out of my mind since Cote's lived off highway 16 as well.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 03:00:14 AM by SAP »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2011, 09:16:45 AM »
I remember  hearing about that case. 
In Jolene'case, that is another possibility as well.
JB

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2011, 01:12:24 PM »
I have searched for updates on this with no luck, any one else found anything more on Jolene's case?

prayingnhoping

• Hoping one day I can make a difference
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2011, 07:19:42 PM »
So, coming from this area and it still having a small town type setting and being that my family lives within 5 miles this is what I have heard so far.

She came home from a soccer game at around 11:30 that night.  Husband and children are already in bed.  Husband gets up for work at 6:00 in the morning and notices his wife is not in bed and goes looking for her.  The back of her SUV is open still and no one about.  Husband goes outside looking for Jolene and finding her carries her into the house and calls 911.  That is why they said they found her "In" the house.  She was actually attacked outside of the home and rumor in town indicates that the perp hit her on the head several times.  Some were saying that the perp was possibly trying to break into the holiday trailer...again there is no factual information from the Police confirming or denying the trailer thing.

It has really intrigued me from the beginning b/c of the lack of information being released.  I am close in age and from the area and I suppose that is the connection but I can't stop feeling like she had so much ahead of her and she is missing out on raising her babies, I feel so awful for her family and children.  After Jolene's death her daughter was saying that her mommy was going to get her dressed for Halloween and she was excited... 

There is a special place in hell for those who commit such crimes.  Starting with living with the fact that you took someones life and constantly living in fear of finally being caught, then ostracism and disapproval, then living out eternity in hell, that all sounds quite just.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2011, 08:13:06 AM »
Praying and hoping thanks for sharing that with out.  My god that is even more terrifying .  Wonder why the police dont alert everyone to be careful obviously there is a killer on the loose and right outside her own home for god sakes.  The police have definately slacked on this epecially in not alerting everyone of the risk. JMO

SAP

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2011, 12:48:05 PM »
Welcome Praying, and thank you for the information. So it appears that Jolene surprised an intruder, yet police initially said this was not random. I suppose that was to alleviate the fears of neighbors.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2011, 02:50:42 PM »
I would think it kind of dumb on the police to try to ileviate fear in the neigbors but rather that they should have been warning them.  She was attacked in her own yard upon comming home , and could also happen to any one else in the neighbor hood I would think unless the police knew for sure who and that it wasnt anything that could continue> JMO

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2011, 03:24:37 PM »
It is odd to me that Jolene would come home @11:30 p.m and just happened to come across "an intruder".    11:30 at night is awfully early for "an intruder"....geesh some people are still up watching the news at that time of night.

Did someone follow her from the soccer game?

A garden of tears: the murder of Kathryn-Mary Herbert

A casefile of events and story related to the 1975 murder of Kathryn Mary Herbert (Sutton).

Click Here