Author Topic: Jolene Cote 36 - Murdered - October 13, 2011 - Edmonton, AB  (Read 101742 times)

Sap1

• View Profile
Re: Jolene Cote 36 - Murdered - October 13, 2011 - Edmonton, AB
« Reply #225 on: September 19, 2017, 04:11:10 PM »
I hope and pray that Jolene's children stayed safe in Mexico since they would have been back there after their summer here. Where they live is near the Yucatan peninsula where the 8.1 quake struck just a couple weeks ago.
It must be so difficult for their loving family here having their niece/nephew/grandchildren in that area.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 19, 2017, 09:15:26 PM »
While it might be difficult to pack up and move back to Canada, one never knows, perhaps Mr. Cote may decide returning home is safest for his family?  I bet it would make Grandma very, very happy.
We do not have the natural catastrophes that they have in the south, and of course we do not have drug cartels running our country as they do in Mexico. :)

jb
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 09:25:55 PM by jellybean »

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 20, 2017, 12:29:01 AM »
So true. We just have rain all summer! lol

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 22, 2017, 12:52:40 PM »
And we don't have spiders the size of dinner plates - up here!

Well at least the father is allowing the Grandmother to keep her relationship strong with Jolene's children. 

So often, grandparents lose out!!

I wonder if police will place another appeal to the public for any info regarding Jolene's death in October? 
It would be very interesting if they do not = silence  says alot.

jb

« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 09:26:48 PM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 02, 2017, 10:30:28 PM »
I wonder if Jolene's killer will be thinking of her this month of October?
The killer must know that Jolene's  family will be thinking of her.  In fact they think of her every day, especially her mother.

Killers are selfish individuals aren't they?   They really could care less.... .

jb

« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 11:36:45 PM by jellybean »

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 03, 2017, 12:37:08 AM »
They just carry on as normal, get married again and have a whale of a time.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 15, 2017, 07:34:11 PM »
Re-read first parts of this thread and something struck me -

Hubby finds Jolene outside, and carries her in- Puts a towel on her head where she was visibly injured.

In December, two months after the murder, her sister reports the following;
(Sister's name is deleted from this quote}

Every two weeks for the past two months,  she has met with RCMP investigators about her sister's death. In between those meetings, she called them dozens of times.

Each time, the answer is the same. There is no new information.

She is fine with police remaining tight-lipped about the Oct. 13 homicide of 36-year-old Jolene Cote, a Spruce Grove teacher found dead in her home northeast of Spruce Grove. Police have not said how the married mother of two young children was killed, if the attack was random or if they have any suspects.

It's very difficult to not know anything, but I am not frustrated with the police at all, she ? said They have treated us very well through the entire investigation and I completely understand why they're not able to give us any new information.

Didn't the Hubby  report to family, the injuries that he saw??

I would have told them everything the same or the next day.
They would have known that I saw a "head injury". and placed a towel over it.
Even the police viewed her death as suspicious upon seeing her. So wounds must have been visible, and must have played some part in it.

How odd!

Police have been very quiet this year.  No new appeals for information that would lead to an arrest.  Nothing - just silence.
What does the killer think of this? re: silence from law enforcement.
Does he breathe a sigh of relief, or does it make him nervous??
Very often silence leads to a surprise arrest.

jb
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 06:41:55 PM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 12, 2018, 12:44:01 AM »
Jolene Cote - Hey!! Does anyone remember her?

As we begin a new year, I ask myself if there will ever be justice for Jolene Cote. 

I never met Jolene. I never had the honour.

It was shocking news in our community when it first happened. Over the ensuing weeks, much had been reported  about Jolene's tragic end, and I honestly was mystified as to who would ever want to harm her. 

By all accounts she was a wonderful Mother, a loving wife, daughter, sister and a compassionate friend.'
It was also reported that Jolene was a teacher and I found myself reading the web site Rate Your Teacher and found her name in the midst of others. After reading her students ratings along with their warm comments, I discovered that  Jolene was a wonderful teacher.

Somehow, I was not surprised.

Jolene's life appeared to be so honest, so "uncomplicated", and so "uncluttered".  She had everything going for her. I kept wondering WHO on earth would ever wish to harm Jolene Cote, of all people?

-SADLY.  SOMEONE DID.   It is as simple as that. 

The reasons WHY, might be complicated. Cluttered with cloudy reasoning and pathetic excuses in the mind of  her killer, perhaps- but we will never know - as the killer has not been caught.

It is as simple as that.

The press packed it up and left  a long time ago. and so, I write this little note to remind us - that Jolene Cote's murder is still Outstanding.

She has not received Justice.

The police still have it on their books. 

They have files with her name on it, tucked away within their filing system.  Occupying its designated space  for the past SIX YEARS.

jb

« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 01:12:21 PM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 15, 2018, 04:38:40 PM »

funny, I was thinking of Jolene about three days ago, and was happy to see this report on tv last night.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/jolene-cote-unsolved-murder-1.4862208

Spruce Grove teacher's murder a priority file for police, 7 years after her death

snipped

Police are still actively investigating the death of a Spruce Grove teacher, seven years after she was murdered.
Const. Shelley Nasheim said the murder of Jolene Cote, 36, is a priority file for RCMP — something investigators work on daily.

and - get this!!

"This was not a random act of violence, it was not a crime interrupted," Nasheim said Saturday. "This was a targeted crime."

Who would ever want to target Jolene?

Cote's family is offering a $50,000 reward for a tip leading to an arrest in the case. Anyone with information can contact Spruce Grove RCMP or Crime Stoppers

jb