Author Topic: Jolene Cote 36 - Murdered - October 13, 2011 - Edmonton, AB  (Read 101748 times)

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
Re: Jolene Cote 36 - Murdered - October 13, 2011 - Edmonton, AB
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2011, 12:51:19 PM »
they welcome the family's support in finding a suspect or suspects in the case. unquote:

Why would the RCMP even mention that they welcome family support - would they ever believe otherwise?

Was it the McCann's case where the RCMP initially discouraged a large reward?
$25,000 is worth it, if it brings in a tip, but usually the reward begins small and works up.

Boy, I hope that the police are making headway on this one. Just seems that we have so many homicides in this province that remain unsolved.

JB

« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 01:13:50 PM by jellybean »

SAP

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2011, 01:11:03 PM »
Roy also said RCMP are not characterizing the homicide as random.

RCMP messages are cryptic, and a lot sounds strange actually. Not random. "Injured" caught my eye; have never seen that used before. There is no mention of break in at all.
Plus police say to "know who your neighbors are" ...

Can't even guess on that b/c we don't know who the neighbors are there. High end houses in that sub-division, so all are probably well employed.
I hope they all have security systems by now.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2011, 02:34:48 PM »
Come to think of it, I have to give kudos to the RCMP for releasing anything to the public.  We have 43 murders in our city (Edmonton) and any  communication about them has been successfuly  shut down. Not one word as to progress, nada... deafening silence.
Has been for months.

JB

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2011, 03:37:14 PM »
I find it would be amazing if no one heard anything.  Assuming the family was all in the house weather it was a gun or an assult surely one of them would have heard something.
If she was alone in the house why would the rest of the family be returning at 6 in the morning?
If it was a gun shot surely some one would have heard.  A lot o questions on this one.

SAP

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2011, 06:33:12 PM »
Spruce Grove RCMP are continuing an active investigation into the death, and said in a release they welcome the family's support in finding a suspect or suspects in the case. unquote:

Police seem to believe Jolene was targeted; perhaps they feel the family knows who would have had a reason to do this?

No guns or other objects were mentioned to my knowledge. Whatever police found there, lead them to search around the lake area it seems.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2011, 07:09:52 PM »
No mentioning of EMS arriving on the scene to tend to an "injured person" - just investigators arriving.
the wording is very mysterious.  It is not the usual wording - that we "hear"/read. Looks like their home was not fully completed when they moved in.  Perhaps it was not as secure as one would have thought.

JB

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2011, 08:21:08 PM »
Something's strange in Denmark, lol as my good old Dad used to say.  The wording is strange, quite a few strange things about this.

SAP

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2011, 08:37:53 PM »
Perhaps not. Unless there was not a secure entry from garage to house ... the newer houses have windows that would create quite a noise when broken.
(There is a way to decrease sound very well on windows and I haven't heard of it being used here in Canada yet. In Europe it's been done alot and I'm not mentioning it here on an open forum)
I'm thinking perhaps one of the children first saw their mother and called 911? I could see a child calling and saying mommy is injured; she's laying on the floor ... on second thought, then dispatcher would send medics as well.

Their very cryptic wording ... no ambulance for an injured person ... straight to investigators ...

I wonder if Jolene was in the habit of getting up early to finish something for classes, may have taken a little walk around the lake to refresh and upon returning (in this serene and peaceful environment that morning) lingered awhile outside and when she returned to the house there was already an intruder there, or one followed her in if she forgot to lock the door behind her.
There has been no mention of a robbery though and police allude to being targeted. I really have no other thoughts at the moment why anyone would target a woman who was so well loved.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2011, 08:42:59 PM »
Sap especially if the whole family was in the house. wonder if they will release more.  Wonder if they actually moved in and lived in the  house yet?  So many questions

SAP

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2011, 09:08:14 PM »
Sounds like the house was newly completed and they had just moved in ... maybe over the summer before school started?
The area was a heavily treed area according to earlier articles. Near a highway that goes north west and there's a heavy criminal element on those highways.
I don't think police are going to be giving out any more details until such time they have their perp.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2011, 09:17:24 PM »
She was found Oct 13 - Nine days later, the police set up the Command Centre at this little lake, and they find something of interest in it. It took them 9 days to set this up?  So, could it be that something was missing from the home, and clues led the police to search in and around the lake area.  It is almost as though they knew what they were looking for, and luckily for them they think they found it in that lake.
quote:
RCMP may have found some answers in the murder of Spruce Grove teacher Jolene Cote.

Air and ground crews searched for clues in Parkland County on October 29.

Teams were focusing on a small lake area near the home where Jolene Cote was found murdered.

Although it was clear they found something police did not elaborate.unquote:
The outside of the house is not completed.  Lacks siding.  Looks as though it was still in the completion stage.
And ---- where are the signs of children living tthere? - re tricyles or what have you?  Maybe they are there, but not in the picture?  Perhaps it is because the home appears to be so unfinished on the outside, that it spells bleakness and unhappiness to me.  Jolene's personality was very caring, kind, and loving. Perhaps they did not live there long enough to take on her personality. Maybe that is it. 

JB.

SAP

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2011, 10:42:02 PM »
http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&cp=40&gs_id=4i&xhr=t&q=google+map+Highway+16+and+Range+road+264&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw=877&bih=504&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x536e50423b6b6975:0xb83240ea1b73e897,Alberta+16+State+Hwy+%26+Range+Road+264,+Willow+Creek+No.+26,+AB+T0L+0Z0&gl=ca&ei=lhrPTsbLFfPoiALVsvHXCw&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=1&sqi=2&ved=0CCUQ8gEwAA

The acreage is located in the corner of Range Road 264 intersecting with Highway 16. On google map you will also see a lake. This gives a good idea of the distance.

The very first link on page 1 that you posted JB, there are pictures of the house and vehicles around there. It shows the house isn't completed, however it doesn't appear to be so uncompleted that a stranger could just walk in there. With just the siding to go on, it should be well secured.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/Questions+still+surround+teacher+murder+students+prepare+memorial+service/5576682/story.html

There were children around, as police (also in the link) took the husband and children in for questioning.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 10:46:28 PM by SAP »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2011, 10:55:39 PM »
Oh I know that there were children living there. They were an intact family by all accounts. From the RCMP Detachment,  Jolene's  two sisters and her mother made an appeal to the public to think back to Oct 13th and if they have anything to report, no matter how small to please do so.
Hopefully someone will step forward with some valuable info.

JB

SAP

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2011, 11:59:19 PM »
Oh I know that there were children living there. They were an intact family by all accounts. From the RCMP Detachment,  Jolene's  two sisters and her mother made an appeal to the public to think back to Oct 13th and if they have anything to report, no matter how small to please do so.
Hopefully someone will step forward with some valuable info.

JB

<snipped>
Although it was clear they found something police did not elaborate.unquote:
The outside of the house is not completed.  Lacks siding.  Looks as though it was still in the completion stage.
And ---- where are the signs of children living tthere? - re tricyles or what have you?  Maybe they are there, but not in the picture?  Perhaps it is because the home appears to be so unfinished on the outside, that it spells bleakness and unhappiness to me.  Jolene's personality was very caring, kind, and loving. Perhaps they did not live there long enough to take on her personality. Maybe that is it. 

JB.

???

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2011, 03:37:49 PM »
Very little is mentioned of him, other than he is devastated. I have a feeling that he discovered her, as he was initally questioned by police and is considered a witness. It was her family that gave the appeal to the public
I hope he is getting help with the care of the children. (Probably her family is)

By the wording and the behaviour of the RCMP, I have a feeling that they have someone in mind (just my thoughts), and by the appeal they are hoping that this person will step forward and get it off of their chest. (once again, just my hope)
What a shock this must be to them.  Suddenly,  out of the blue, there is a horrible death in their family.
Bless them.

JB
ps>  He may have worked a night shift. We don't know. If so, there is a similar outstanding case here in Edmonton. They believe it was a break and enter gone bad.
Link attached.
http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php?topic=4882.0
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 01:19:31 PM by jellybean »