Author Topic: Chris Magee (The Mad Slasher) & Russell Johnson  (Read 12770 times)

Im_new_here2

Chris Magee (The Mad Slasher) & Russell Johnson
« on: October 20, 2011, 12:00:23 AM »
I have Just recently came across these too stellar performers  and iam not buying that they have confessed to all the crimes they have commeted .I don't know alot about these too but if anyone does i think it would be good to make up some timelines and other murders that they could be maybe be guilty off ...

Russell Johnson's thread can be found at the link below.

http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php?topic=1988.0
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 02:03:18 PM by debbiec »

Karens Voice

• View Profile
Re: Chris Magee (The Mad Slasher) & Russell Johnson
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 05:25:27 AM »
My family has stressed profound interest in Chris Magee many times because he killed his first KNOWN victim 14-days before Karen was murdered and he resided in a community not far from where Karen's body was found. Here is a 2006 article I copied over from the Canadian Press when Magee was seeking to be moved from the mental facility he has been in since his arrest in 1976. It provides a timeline of his horrific crimes.

Something else all should be aware of. Because he was found NOT GUILTY by reason of insanity, his DNA CANNOT be legally collected for comparison purposes, to see if he is responsible for any other unsolved homicides.
Here is the article.....

'Mad Slasher' requests transfer to T.O. facility

Canadian Press
Date: Saturday Feb. 4, 2006 11:28 PM ET
He was arrested the next day.

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 03:37:05 PM »
Whether insane or not, his DNA should be traced and your family should be offered closure on the murder of your loved one. The law's an ass.

Karens Voice

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 12:10:12 PM »
We all know his DNA should be collected but our justice system is protecting him.  He has RIGHTS you know!!  He is a cold blooded killer and our justice system feels this fact out weighs the RIGHTS OF VICTIMS OF UNSOLVED HOMICIDES!  I have heard over and over again about the rights of human predators and have heard nothing about the RIGHTS OF VICTIMS OF HOMICIDE.  Magee was not charged and convicted of murder!

My question to the National DNA Data Bank was. "Will Magee's DNA be collected under the retroactive provisions of Bill C13?  This is a direct quote from the officer at the Canadian National DNA Data Bank. "No, this offender does not qualify under the retroactive provisions. See Section 487.055(1) for the offence list of offenders who qualify for retroactive DNA Orders.  In fact he has not been convicted of murder but has been found not criminally responsible on account of mental
disorder."

The OPP already confirmed to my family they do not have the legal right to go and collect his DNA and run it against the crime scene DNA found at the deposit site where my sister was found.  In fact Magee refuses to speak to them at all!!  THIS IS HIS RIGHT after he slaughtered and raped numerous young girls! 

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 08:55:44 PM »
Sick. I can see why the OPP are lobbying for changes to the DNA law. Apparently they are looking for victim's families to help them raise awareness at media conferences etc. Have you talked with the police about this? They approached the family of one high profile murder case, but apparently the family members declined as they are at odds with the  the OPP over the mess they made of the case in convicting the wrong man in the first place.

Karens Voice

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2012, 12:13:20 PM »
The same protection applies to Russell Johnson.  His DNA cannot be legally collected by the police and run through the Crime Scene endice of the National DNA Data Bank.  He was found not criminally responsible by reason of insanity.

The really sad part about this is; if they let Russell and or Magee out of their cages into society, their DNA can be very easily and legally obtained by the police.  But who is willing to chance these two evil animals free in society?  Who's child, brother or sister would be next to be slaughtered?  What family would be inflicted and forced to live with this unbearable pain and suffering?   

Karens Voice

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 06:49:20 AM »
Last year my family received a TIP from a citizen of Strathroy, that Chris Magee's brother owned the same colour, year, make and model of car used in Karen's murder.  The OPP didn't have or know this information. 

Coral

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 08:41:53 AM »
Karen's Voice
If this person ever ends up in a place where you can visit, it might be worth your while.  If you are not up to it, maybe you can hire someone.  If he has truly changed, as he claims, even if it's only in his own mind, he may confess.  He might want to get it off his chest.  Maybe you could bring him a cup of coffee, or find someone in there who could get one of his cups, just to get the DNA tested yourself.  It wouldn't be admissible in court, and you couldn't do anything with it legally, but maybe it would give you some closure.  Maybe you could find out for your own piece of mind, whether or not he did it.  It is truly sad that these animals have rights.  These days everyone has rights, except for those people who follow the law, work at a job and earn and honest living.  If  you do what you're supposed to, you don't even have the right to protect yourself or your children.

Karens Voice

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 06:57:39 AM »
For me to think I could go and get his DNA (off a coffee cup etc.) is unrealistic.  Oh I am up for it you can be sure of this but I do not have access to crime scene DNA from any victims of crime.  So what would I compare his DNA too?  Only the police have the power and the means to do this.

What another possibility is; if there was any of HIS DNA left at any of the crime scenes of the victims he killed...they could compare crime scene to crime scene.  For example his semen.  He was sentenced to the mental institution without DNA evidence because it didn't exist at the time.  Just as convicted killer Richard Boudreau was convicted on circumstancial evidence not DNA evidence. The problem here is how long do they store crime scene evidence after a person has been convicted and or found not guilty by reason of insanity?

Another option is to obtain his brother's DNA.  The police cannot do this without the conscent of the brother or it is illegal.  If the brother refuses there is nothing the police can do about it.

Here is another disturbing law in Canada.

Scenerio:  The National DNA Data Bank runs crime scene DNA through the DNA Bank.  They get a "HIT." It is determined by the forensic lab. that the crime scene DNA matched what is a "relative" of the owner of the crime scene DNA through the convicted offender endice.  The National DNA Data Bank is not allowed to share this information with the police.  This is called familial searching and is presently illegal in Canada.  Here is a direct quote from the RCMP regarding this issue:

"No the legislation does not allow the NDDB to do familial searching or to release these types of results.  This might change in the future if legislation is amended, but at this time, this is not allowed as according to the DNA Identification Act."

This type of searching in a DNA Data Bank would not only be very effective with solving crimes but if would assist in the search for missing persons, especially when remains are found in one province and they went missing in another province.