Author Topic: Cody Alan Legebokoff - Prince George, BC  (Read 103021 times)

gumpslou

• Forever changed
    • View Profile

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
Re: Cody Alan Legebokoff - Prince George, BC
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2012, 02:31:01 PM »
I am thinking of her family today. It is Easter, and am hopeful that her remains will be found this spring,  giving closure to her loving family.   God Bless them.

JB

gumpslou

• Forever changed
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2012, 03:59:50 PM »
I wonder if they are looking at him also for the 18 yr old girl Melody Scott that disapeeared in prince george May long weekend 2011

Cody was arrested in November 2010, this was before Madison Scott went missing and she went missing at hogs back lake near Vanderhoof not Prince George. Cody is being check thoroughly, from what I have been told... I am very closely connected to this case, as my daughter was one of his victims....  Cody is not co-operating with police when it comes to his crimes.... He won't give up my daughters where abouts  :'( ..... There is difenately more than one sicko up in the north....

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2012, 02:46:08 AM »
I see that the info that Legebokoff was a mechanic has been corrected. 
What did he do for a living?  Where was his place of employment?  Close to where he lived?

gumpslou

• Forever changed
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2012, 10:53:05 AM »
He worked at the Ford dealer ship but not as a mechanic, its litterally around the corner from where he lived!

SAP

« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2012, 01:35:39 PM »
The killings started in October 2009, when Legebokoff was just 19, and Leslie says police told him they haven't closed the case yet.

In Alberta, where Legebokoff lived and was apparently spotted again shortly before the murder of Leslie, police have been updated by their B.C. counterparts.

Alberta RCMP spokeswoman Doris Stapleton said they are "aware of the criminal charges in Prince George," though she couldn't say if there are cases under review in the province.

Triggers? Lost loves ... as in gf's telling him off? From another article on page one, his grandfather says he attended a family Thanksgiving dinner with his gf (2010) after which he murdered again. It doesn't matter how well adjusted a person was in most of their dealings with the public; if his triggers were lost loves and he reacted by murdering a female he runs across in a venue or on line dating ... well he is where he should be.
His family, relatives and friends took it very hard but worst off are the victims families who will never be able to hug their loved one again; will never know why this happened to them, will always be searching. He victimized many many people in his short life.

Gumpslou, I pray you and all the other families will have some sort of closure, as small as that will be after not having your loved ones to hug again.   
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 10:47:48 AM by SAP »

Annastaisha

• "Happy people just don't shoot their husbands..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2012, 01:44:25 PM »
I wonder why he chose to kill Loren. She would have been very high risk as she was a young girl who lived with her family, she would have told someone who she went out with or at least there would be records of on line communication. She doesnt really fit into his pattern. Did something happen that set him off with her? Or was he just getting excessively cocky?

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2012, 03:10:35 PM »
That was a good article.. If Cody was in communication with and knew Loren was being scolded for hitching, did he view that as an opportunity for a disguise of his intent? As in any one in the area could have picked her up. He was not from there or known to have been there that day?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 04:07:21 PM by D1 »

SAP

« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2012, 03:28:11 PM »
I don't know D1. I wonder how many times he actually gave Loren a ride before striking or whether it was a first ride for her with him. This place was approx 2 1/2 hours from Prince George. Was he having a psyche breakdown and just drove madly to anywhere he could find a female alone?
Victim # 1. Stacey ... October 2009/
              2. and 3. Natasha and Cynthia ... August 2010
              4. Loren ...Nov 2010
His murders were late summer to fall over a 2 year stretch. What hit at those times of the year? The year before he was in Lethbridge and police didn't find connection to any missing persons for that time that were similar to his MO however the above shows he was capable of travel out of his comfort zone.

SAP

« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2012, 03:46:40 PM »
http://www2.macleans.ca/2011/10/24/the-country-boy-at-the-heart-of-four-murder-investigations/

Macleans article offers a word picture on Cody as well ... heavy into online dating and chat sites ... which surprises me b/c he is quite a handsome young man with a great physique. These kinds of fellows don't need to be hiding behind chat rooms ... yet apparently he was, while he seemed to have everything going for him in his life.
The article also points out that Cody's grandparents were socializing friends of Loren's grandparents, all of whom knew each other quite well apparently.

discus

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2012, 04:04:00 PM »
I think if you look at the stats, the rate of suicide increases in the Fall of the year.(I believe this would coincide with Depression and other mental illnesses); possibly the impact of less daylight- could Cody be psychotic? 

Ted Bundy started when he was 28.

SAP

« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2012, 04:16:28 PM »
That sounds plausible Discus. For people affected by seasons, early spring is also a bad time. I wonder what he did in the spring time.

ETA:
Awhile ago I found an online newspaper and can't seem to find it again. However in there was stated that police that stopped Cody after Loren's death, and even before they followed his trail and found Loren ... they saw something in his truck, not associated to the death of Loren ... then mention was made to hunting. What was that they spotted to give them a warning flash to investigate further?
As articles prove, he was apparently an avid hunter with his grandfather. At and the time of Loren's death he had been missing for a few weeks. Did he keep trophies of killed animals in his truck? If he was missing for a few weeks, was he on vacation, or just left his place of employ? Fired from his job?

ETA: The last persons to become aware that things are not quite right with their loved one are those closest to them, imo. Or denial.
I think this might have been the case with Cody. His eyes on the few pictures available, look troubled. MOO.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 06:04:20 PM by SAP »

Besani

• Searching for Kimberly McAndrew! August 12, 1989
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2012, 08:15:36 PM »
One question? Were his victims raped?

SAP

« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2012, 07:52:28 AM »
Besani, I've skipped over different articles and can't find anything about rape. Iirc, before Loren was murdered, police seemed at a standstill on the other murders and were at one time requesting dna swabs from all the local cabbies in PG (don't know if they complied though).
It wasn't until Loren was found and police had a look in Cody's truck where they found some type of evidence they did not give out, to charge Cody with 1st degree murder. Whatever they found must be really compelling.

Though evidence points to murder, Montgomery has yet to be found.
From an article in Natasha's thread quoted from police ...