Author Topic: Cody Alan Legebokoff - Prince George, BC  (Read 104388 times)

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
Re: Cody Alan Legebokoff - Prince George, BC
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2011, 05:36:21 PM »
Shock.  Thank you for setting the record straight. 

JB

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2011, 05:39:12 PM »
Welcome shockedinpg...I was one of the people commenting about Cody disappearing before Loren's murder....thanks for clearing that up (that is what I had read).   Same with the mechanic thing.  Thanks.

I think you are probably right, Cody is either a sociopath, or physcopath.   Most of us would never guess which one of our friends, neighbours or co-workers are walking around like they were completely normal, but hiding such dark demented secrets.   Your name is indictive of the whole thing.

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2011, 05:49:33 PM »
Dear Shocked: Thank you for sharing your reactions with us. I know what it is like to have a friend arrested for repeated sexual assault of strangers (though not murder), and that was shocking enough for me. It certainly does affect you your whole life and it's something you can only come to terms with over time. I think once we learn more about these types of crimes/criminals maybe we'll all have our eyes opened more and although there are usually no warning signs, there are some patterns we can try to recognize. For example, I would have thought a peeping tom was relatively non-violent type of person. I don't know if Cody had a history like this and I doubt he would admit it if he did, but finding out that people such as Shannon Moroney's husband Jason Staples (now jailed for life) and ex-Colonel Russell Williams started out by spying on women, then moved on to attacking others is something to think about take seriously if we ever come across such a thing. Another thing we know is that boys who torture neighbourhood animals should be a major red flag. But those that appear to be best workers, community leaders, sons, friends and husbands can be evil, and that's a pretty frightening thing for anyone to come to terms with.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 07:37:41 PM by leonagleant »

disturbed in quesnel

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2011, 05:27:54 PM »
While I knew it was possible that he had killed before, it is very hard to wrap my head around the fact that the guy I knew could do that. I am sure that all who knew him are feeling the same way. I think the term sociopath is best applied here. This is someone who could kill and then come to work and act as if nothing unusual had happened.
  >:( >:( I'm just wondering what Cody's reaction was when friends sat around and talked about all the missing women!! I'm sure it was the talk of the town at the time... 2 women reported missing at the same time!!! If he had an ounce of humanity left he would tell the Montgomery family where Natasha is!!! :'( :'( :'(     

solvy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2011, 11:46:55 PM »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2011, 04:39:47 PM »
If I am reading the above correctly, the public may still learn the facts, as they are presented to the jury?

JB

jellybean

• View Profile

gumpslou

• Forever changed
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2012, 01:17:48 PM »
Hi Jellybean and everyone,

This case has really caught my attention for a number of reason's.  My heart goes out to the families and friends of these four young women.  This must be a horrible time for them though I suspect it must be a relief that this Legebokoff is off the streets.

I am so very impressed with the rookie cop who followed a hunch to recover Loren and catch this guy so quickly, I look forward to finding out who they are at some point after the investigation is over.  I read they are (understandably) keeping his or her name under wraps for now. 

From what I've read in the media, the forensic tests on his vehicle after they found his 15 year old victim is what tied him to her and the other three murders. The police have reason to believe he acted all alone. Despite his youth, there doesn't seem to be any reason for the investigators to suspect a mentor or partner to his crimes.  If I'm mistaken about this someone please correct me because something keeps gnawing at me;
the other three victims all look alike, were all adult women, were all mothers and it seems linked to the sex trade.  Loren did not look like these other's, nor was she an adult, a parent or from what we know a sex trade worker.  What gives? Anyone else notice this? Loren was the last killed in a year long spree, he may have been active longer and in other places which I believe the police from various towns are looking into.  Could he have switched his preferred victim base that completely?  Does anyone know of any other serial killing cases where the perpetrator changed his selection process so radically?

Thank-you.

Just to let you know the other three women didn't all look alike... In fact Natasha's hair was blonde at the time... The picture posted in the paper was a old pic..... It was a good face shot is why it was used...She rarely had dark hair.... Natasha wasn't a sex trade worker either, she had a drug addiction..she had only been living in PG for 2 weeks before she was murdered, but had lived there 6 months the year prior... Appartently Cody did drugs too...... Natasha never met him through online sight either, the only one that talked to him online was Loren.... I have come across articles that suggest that Loren was a lesbian and they had mutual friends...... being legally blind was probably her vulnerabity.....I dont know for sure but I believe it was also sex crimes too, so maybe Loren being Lesbian may have a twist to it.... Cody had 3 female room mates, he must had worked around there schedules, coming home bloody... how do u hide that..... creepy.......

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2012, 02:39:39 PM »
http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/10/31/alleged-b-c-serial-killers-trial-could-take-up-to-a-year/
The trial of an accused B.C. serial killer could take up to a year to be heard, a courtroom was told Monday.
Cody Alan Legebokoff, 21, is charged with first-degree murder in the deaths of three women and a blind teenage girl.

Crown prosecutor Lara Vizsolyi said Monday that although she estimates the trial will take six months to a year to complete, she has no estimate on when it will begin.

The Crown has elected to proceed by direct indictment on all four charges, which means there will be no preliminary hearing, and Legebokoff will face a single trial before a jury.
Legebokoff appeared in court in Prince George on Monday looking pale with his head shaved and wearing red prison garb.

disturbed in quesnel

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2012, 06:31:08 PM »
It's Natasha's Birthday Day today! It sure would be nice if Cody would step up and tell the Montgomery family were she is!! :'( :'(  Natasha need to be put to rest...her children need a place to go visit her!!

Annastaisha

• "Happy people just don't shoot their husbands..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2012, 10:23:08 PM »
jobo - he would not be classed as a psychopath as he clearly understood right from wrong, went out of his way to hide his behavior - friends and family being so shocked at his behavior shows that he had nothing that would have made people think he was mentally unbalanced.
I would agree with shocked that he is a sociopath. And there is no known treatment for sociopaths so he will always be a danger to the community.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2012, 07:55:20 AM »
Thanks for clarification, Annastaisha....I have a hard time with sociopath and psycopath...But, I think we can agree, he belongs in jail.

Annastaisha

• "Happy people just don't shoot their husbands..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2012, 08:54:56 AM »
Absolutely! Lock the door and throw away the key. He will ALWAYS be a danger to society.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2012, 03:27:07 PM »
http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php?topic=5558.msg80953#msg80953

This topic Psychopaths is under general.  Psychopaths and Sociopaths share many common characteristics.

I couldn't distinguish one from the other myself.  Often they are used inter-changeably. Confusing at best. But the slight differences are pointed out in the article (if that helps lol)

JB

gumpslou

• Forever changed
    • View Profile