Author Topic: Sherri McLaughlin Kamloops 1993.  (Read 7125 times)

D1

• View Profile
Sherri McLaughlin Kamloops 1993.
« on: October 14, 2011, 08:08:35 PM »

For the Record-
http://cfjctv.com/story.php?id=4799

McLaughlin suspect denied parole
Daniel Dow, a dangerous offender in jail for violent sex crimes, denied parole
Last Updated: Tuesday, October 4th, 2011 | 5:48pm PDT    Story by: Sandy Hall

53 year-old Daniel Dow has been denied parole according to the Vancouver Sun. Dow, declared a dangerous sex offender in 1999, is the man suspected of killing 20 year-old Sherri McLaughlin of Kamloops in 1993. Her body has never been recovered.  Dow has been behind bars since 1998 for 3 violent rapes. Dow is considered a moderate to high risk to reoffend. The National Parole Board denied full and day parole to Dow in a written decision released Wednesday.   Dow is also considered a person of interest in other crimes, including the disappearance of McLaughlin.  In 2009 RCMP told reporters they had a suspect in the case, but didn't have enough evidence to lay charges.  Without naming Dow they said they had forensically linked a vehicle to Sherri's damaged bike.  Media later named Dow, and investigators did not deny he was their suspect.  Dow had been on parole at the time of Mclaughlin's disappearance. Despite pleas from McLaughlin's family, Dow has refused to cooperate.

flipnsip

• View Profile
Re: Sherri McLaughlin Kamloops 1993.
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 12:39:43 AM »
I was in college when she disappeared.  I saw here the night she disappeared- we were all at one of the college bars, and she was a friend of one of my classmates.  My classmate was questioned the next day- the cops came to our classroom.   My classmate was never the same after that.  It was awful, but we all kind of thought the guy she was going to visit was the problem.  We felt safer with that thought.   I feel bad, as this man has been living with all of our suspicions all this time.  This story has haunted me since then.  I was happy for the closure.  So- put this guy in general population. 

hbrady27

• View Profile
Re: Sherri McLaughlin Kamloops 1993.
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 09:00:44 PM »
Just a note about Sherry and her family. Although we now know what happened to Sherry there is still no closure for her Mother, Son and brother.  I think people have to realize that unless Jackie (Sherry's Mom) has her daughter home so she can finally put Sherri to rest, there will never be closure. People need to put as much pressure on her killer as they can to let Sherri's family know where she is.  Please write letters to this guy.  He was married in prison to a woman who lives in Mission and calls herself and her murdering husband Christians and yet she won't help in the search for Sherri to return her to her family. Also because it was his brother that turned him in we suspect the brother may know where Sherriis.  Please help and send letters, letters, letters!  Thank you.