Author Topic: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011  (Read 1033721 times)

Oryx

• View Profile
Re: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011
« Reply #1050 on: October 21, 2011, 05:56:11 PM »
How long would it take to get from the side door of Dooley's to a car parked on the side road? Anyone know?

JB
Someone can correct me if I am wrong...but directly across George st there is a small gravelled parking lot (for maybe 4-6 cars?) almost the corner of George and Alexander...as well I am pretty sure Dooleys now locks that side door. So of someone was parked there would take seconds to cross the road.

When I worked at Dooley's many moons ago we locked the side door prior to closing time.  Bathrooms were checked and the Rental room as well, before front doors were locked.  "Assuming" they still follow the same protocol, then the door would have been locked and no one would have entered or exited out of the side doors.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: October 21, 2011, 06:01:14 PM »
Black car keeps coming up. As long as people give tips of things that they notieed that nite, it will not go cold.
The police won't stop don't worry. This is a fresh case, and they have lots to work with, just my guess.

JB

EJP

• View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: October 21, 2011, 06:02:46 PM »
I meant to mention that she is in a hurry after talking on the phone as if she has to get to the meeting place quickly. One thing I am convinced is Mason was not in Pictou Landing when she last talked to him.

mytwocentsis2

• View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: October 21, 2011, 06:03:58 PM »
How long would it take to get from the side door of Dooley's to a car parked on the side road? Anyone know?

JB
Someone can correct me if I am wrong...but directly across George st there is a small gravelled parking lot (for maybe 4-6 cars?) almost the corner of George and Alexander...as well I am pretty sure Dooleys now locks that side door. So of someone was parked there would take seconds to cross the road.

When I worked at Dooley's many moons ago we locked the side door prior to closing time.  Bathrooms were checked and the Rental room as well, before front doors were locked.  "Assuming" they still follow the same protocol, then the door would have been locked and no one would have entered or exited out of the side doors.
Ya I remember YEARS back we used to prop the door open when we rented upstairs a lot...that was before the smoking ban and long before they charged cover at the door...when it was a POOL HALL!

Oryx

• View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: October 21, 2011, 06:08:38 PM »
Ya I remember YEARS back we used to prop the door open when we rented upstairs a lot...that was before the smoking ban and long before they charged cover at the door...when it was a POOL HALL!

Yes, when civilized conversation and a good game of pool were available. We had regulars then, through the days and at night. I left before they converted, and haven't been in Dooley's since those days....so I couldn't even tell you the layout of the inside of the bar anymore.....

fromPC

• View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: October 21, 2011, 06:14:58 PM »
Event Girl .....maybe the uncoming traffic can not be seen by the camera at the top of the road .....could be too far to the right to be seen  ....it's really hard to say.

EJP

• View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: October 21, 2011, 06:16:54 PM »
I have heard nothing of him being inside Dooley's so it is entirely possible he could have been out there in a car, or out along the wall. Again, he would be on camera unless somehow out of sight of them which at that point, I would just say it wasn't there. The cameras cover enough of the area. He was either on camera and if he isn't, then he wasn't there.

If Mason was at Dooley's around 1:00...wouldn't Amber have known this?  If Amber did phone Mason to pick her up as Debbie says...how do we know this? Is there a taped message or only a cell number showing?

myheartbreaks

• View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: October 21, 2011, 06:17:55 PM »
I don't know if anyone else caught this in the video, but as the car is coming down the road beside dooleys ( the one that appears to be breaking )  may have sped up due to the light getting ready to change,  if you look you can see the light is blinking indicating that it's about to change, so I would assume that since the cop car is stopped then it's way had the red stop light, which would mean that the car coming down the hill would be green, turning yellow, or red. then as it sped up to get through the light ( like most of us do ) they noticed the cop there, and then put it's breaks on to slow itself down as to not get pulled over.
Plus another THEORY ( NOT FACT )  I have, say that the car in the video is the car that took her, ( NOT SAYING IT IS ) and she didn't know who the person driving was, she would have put up a fight with them to get in the car, now the cops being just down the road would have " hopefully" seen Amber putting up a fight,  with an unknown person or car. maybe even a scream the cops might have heard it.  drawing attention to her, deterring the person in the car from taking her.  my point with this theory being, would someone she didn't know run the risk of taking her with a cop car just down the road ( and about to travel ) the same road they are on.   
if she did get in the car willingly then the cops wouldn't have maybe given it another thought that a girl was getting picked up by a friend or someone she knows. and it's nothing outta the ordinary to them.

this is all just a big made up theory i have, it is no way based on fact, just a mere thought I had on the video.  ( the theory being that the car is the car that she was taken in )
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 06:22:51 PM by myheartbreaks »

mytwocentsis2

• View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: October 21, 2011, 06:22:06 PM »
My take on the video and personal experience walking that road....the car turning had a yield...she looked as if she most likely crossed, got to the island and ran a bit to cross the yield lane as that car was coming down the hill. IF the cop car was waiting for the green light he would have went straight (which is likely as there was another car behind him and cops in cars usually make the loop around to the front of the acropole and back to Dooleys while other LE are parked watching the crowds)...say LE went straight...by the time he would have passed Amber walking she would have been close to the end of Archimedes st....past the point of where people think the shoe was found. IF the turning car was stopped and 'making' Amber get in or even talking...one would think the cops would have slowed down to see what was going on.

It just makes me think whatever happened did NOT happen on Archimedes....IMO no person would make an attempt at grabbing someone off the sidewalk with the cops being right there behind them...at the lights or not.

EJP

• View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: October 21, 2011, 06:25:21 PM »
Let's say that dark car turning is the car that I have been hearing about, why does everybody assume it stopped just after the video is cut off? It could have kept driving, took the bend, and waited where it's nice and dark, with conditions right, the cop car was not in sight yet, no other cars either, or people. That's a lot of favoring winds for would-be kidnappers, yes? However, I bet my life she was picked up by somebody she knew. Period.

fromPC

• View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: October 21, 2011, 06:26:20 PM »
GSAR_Mbr .....you asked about the first car at the top of the road.

At the top of that road there is an island ...to the left of the island there is a stop sign, you turn left to go back down town. The lane the police were in ....this is where they would have to drive right up to where that car is ....it's the only way you are allowed to go when you are in the lane the police were in.

To the right of the island you drive straight ....no stop or yeild ....this takes you in the direction of big al's. There use to be a yeild there and people out of  habit still yeild.

fromPC

• View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: October 21, 2011, 06:30:42 PM »
EJP ....I agree ...someone she knew.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: October 21, 2011, 06:31:30 PM »
Okay, we see Amber walking on the sidewalk and we also see the car, which I think could have picked her up. Have the police asked for the person who was driving that car to come forward, if they remember seeing Amber walking by??? Maybe that could clarify things if that person came forward and said they noticed Amber walking alone. And if that person does not come forward, then this could mean it was the person that picked her up. Just a thought about that car that drove by her. :o :o :o :o :o :o

Oryx

• View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: October 21, 2011, 06:32:00 PM »
Let's say that dark car turning is the car that I have been hearing about, why does everybody assume it stopped just after the video is cut off? It could have kept driving, took the bend, and waited where it's nice and dark, with conditions right, the cop car was not in sight yet, no other cars either, or people. That's a lot of favoring winds for would-be kidnappers, yes? However, I bet my life she was picked up by somebody she knew. Period.

I think a lot of people are forgetting or not mentioning more about that "turn" before the where Big Al's is located.  Yes, there is the old Spears Boarding House, but further along (on the other side of the bushes) is an apartment building, a big parking lot, and on the other side is another house, and then more trees, then another house and then a street and the crosswalk to Big Al's. Directly across from all of these buildings is the Used Clothing Store, the Hall parking lot. (On Trenton Road).

Why are we only focusing on the corner directly by Dooley's?  If you notice Ms. Kirwan goes out of range of the video, so it is wholly plausible that she could have been seen there, or someone picked her up in that parking lot beside the Apartments?! If someone could pull up a better view of this it would be greatly appreciated (ie google maps, etc).
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 06:36:22 PM by Oryx »

Oryx

• View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: October 21, 2011, 06:38:19 PM »
Sorry was typing as the post was made.
Sorry was typing as the post was made.

Why sorry?? :) I'm thankful someone else was thinking of this as well!