Author Topic: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011  (Read 1034890 times)

fromPC

• View Profile
Re: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011
« Reply #870 on: October 20, 2011, 11:57:03 PM »
Here's an article from the Pictou Advocate

http://www.pictouadvocate.com/

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #871 on: October 21, 2011, 12:13:07 AM »
Thanks for the update much appreciated.  Wondering are you from the area.  Are the police still doing physical searches? 

Sad  Happy Birthday, hope you have a wonderful birthday.

Praying that today is the day Amber is found.

fromPC

• View Profile
« Reply #872 on: October 21, 2011, 12:45:36 AM »
eyeswideopen .....yes, I am from the area. They were still searching the area near Amber and Mason's residence today.

fromPC

• View Profile
« Reply #873 on: October 21, 2011, 12:48:39 AM »
capeheart .....I personally know people who have and do work as a contractor at Michelin and they have never had a company vehicle.

Nish

• I can't get PTSD, I'm a carrier.
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: October 21, 2011, 04:59:17 AM »
I am guessing he has got something to do with her missing. Was he involved or not I have no idea but I am sure he know something.

Eh? First you guess he has something do with her going missing. Then you have no idea if he was involved. Finally you're sure he knows something.

And before you accuse me of reading into your posts take some time and read what you have written again. You are the one who chose your words and you bear the responsibility for how those words come across. It's a simple concept, really. There is no "reading in" to what you just said, it's pretty obvious.

Nish
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 05:32:34 AM by Nish »

natesgirl1977

• "Every contact leaves a trace." Edmond Locard
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: October 21, 2011, 05:32:37 AM »
I am sure everyone has there own thoughts on what happened on that night.  It really doesn't matter who thinks what, we are all here because of the same thing.  Amber is missing and we would all like to see her found.

fromPC

• View Profile
« Reply #876 on: October 21, 2011, 06:26:10 AM »
"QUOTE fron catakil" People won't bother posting anymore because they feel they are bullied off the site, and that's NOT right.   

Totally agree with that. I've Heard of internet bullying and didn't know what it was untill I came to this website. However, now it seems that most are in the stage of acceptance that the disappearance of Amber has taken place and things on this site have settled down some. With that I am sure the admin's Debbie and Chris will notice who continues to be not such a nice guest.

http://www.pictouadvocate.com/  .....I posted this a few hours ago. Confrims some of the things shared on this site.

fromPC

• View Profile

fromPC

• View Profile
« Reply #878 on: October 21, 2011, 06:48:57 AM »
I am happy to see it is another beautiful and unusually warm day here in PC...... great for the SAR teams.

Oryx

• View Profile
« Reply #879 on: October 21, 2011, 06:50:35 AM »
I am happy to see it is another beautiful and unusually warm day here in PC...... great for the SAR teams.

My sentiments exactly.....

Nish

• View Profile
« Reply #880 on: October 21, 2011, 06:51:34 AM »
"QUOTE fron catakil" People won't bother posting anymore because they feel they are bullied off the site, and that's NOT right.   

Totally agree with that. I've Heard of internet bullying and didn't know what it was untill I came to this website. However, now it seems that most are in the stage of acceptance that the disappearance of Amber has taken place and things on this site have settled down some. With that I am sure the admin's Debbie and Chris will notice who continues to be not such a nice guest.

http://www.pictouadvocate.com/  .....I posted this a few hours ago. Confrims some of the things shared on this site.

I'm sorry, but I've got a really hard time finding any examples of bullying here. Debate, yes. Heated debate at times, sure. Bullying though? Responding to posts with a dissenting view and backing up said view is NOT bullying.

Standard definitions of bullying involve coercion, threats, physical or verbal abuse, and so on. While I have seen some folks here use what might possibly, by a sensitive sort, be construed as a verbal attack of sorts that would be it and it was certainly in the minority, unless there are some deleted posts you are referring to, which would be outside of my knowledge.

It is a gorgeous day. Any day without wind, rain, snow, mud, etc. is good for searchers.

Nish

kimvan

• View Profile
« Reply #881 on: October 21, 2011, 06:55:43 AM »
It is a gorgeous day.....praying that today is the day:)   Love reading your posts Nish:) 

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #882 on: October 21, 2011, 07:29:15 AM »
EJP, I did not mean that you were not giving information to anyone, I just wanted to give a heads up to anyone out there that knew anything that they maybe keeping Amber from being found. If that many people were around that night, somebody knows something. And I guess we just have to let the chips fall where they may. At least we have a fine day today and I hope that Amber is found and that we are not looking at another cold case. Thanks for your information, keep us in touch of anything new that may be released from the police reports. :o :o :o :o :o

Catakil, I did see a post where it said Amber was seen, and I did not know that was taken off the site and deleted. It would be good to know who posted that comment, it would be a serious crime to lead the police off the investigation if it was a lie. Some people might think that is some kind of a joke, but nobody is laughing. Chris would know who put that post on here and unless he deleted it, only the person that posted it can. :( :( :( :( :(
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 07:32:38 AM by capeheart »

Oryx

• View Profile
« Reply #883 on: October 21, 2011, 07:36:15 AM »
...and all just because some simply doesn't like what is being said. Like lost said, "grow a thicker skin".

When you have an open forum like this, where family members and friends of the victim's can peruse all comments. It is disrespectful, CRASS and arrogant to make posts that are not completely confirmed as fact.  It all comes down to the ways in which you post said comments.   There is a difference between "opinions" and making allegations based on hearsay.  I do believe this is why posts are removed.  Not because someone's skin is not "thick enough".   Opinions based on facts are not a problem, at least for me, but those based on ignorance are, and many references to rumor and hearsay have been quoted in this forum as fact, and opinions are being formed based on it.  I'd rather have an educated discussion rather than a blind argument.

Nish

• View Profile
« Reply #884 on: October 21, 2011, 07:39:22 AM »
When you have an open forum like this, where family members and friends of the victim's can peruse all comments. It is disrespectful, CRASS and arrogant to make posts that are not completely confirmed as fact.  It all comes down to the ways in which you post said comments.   There is a difference between "opinions" and making allegations based on hearsay.  I do believe this is why posts are removed.  Not because someone's skin is not "thick enough".   Opinions based on facts are not a problem, at least for me, but those based on ignorance are, and many references to rumor and hearsay have been quoted in this forum as fact, and opinions are being formed based on it.  I'd rather have an educated discussion rather than a blind argument.

Oh man, I wish I could, like, send you some beer or something. This is pretty much what I have been trumpeting for days now and glad to see someone post it so eloquently, more eloquently than I could muster. Cheers.

You know, I was going to offer some insight into why I post the way that I do...but I see that it would be a fruitless exercise and I am not about those.

Catakill, you do not have to read, or respond to, my posts. I stand by my opinions and the only one now throwing accusations around is you. I'll feel free to respond to what I see fit to.

Nish
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 08:17:01 AM by Nish »