Author Topic: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011  (Read 1021778 times)

meechie

• View Profile
Re: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011
« Reply #840 on: October 20, 2011, 05:12:48 PM »

While I am posting, I noticed EyesforLies completely removed anything to do with this disappearance of Amber from her Blog.  She doesn't usually cover Canadian mysteries.  I wonder what happened as I was not really following it that closely?  I can't find any reference to it at all.   I think that one or two of you new members were posting on here and on her Blog....does any of you know what happened?   I admit that when I read some of the stuff on there I cringed.  Maybe the talk ended up getting even more out of hand, and she may have shut it down herself.

She didn't shut it down,but I have read that she has banned people because of some of the things they were saying, she 1 person who is trying to manage the site it can be hard because she is not sitting at her computer waiting for someone to put up comments. I seen some fighting and things getting out of hand but for the most part she has interjected and told people to not be so judgemental so for the most part she is managing as best as she can.

I agree with you jobo I have read alot of her site and I found myself quite intrigued, she must be pretty reputable if she only trains military and police if she wasn't there is no way she would be training them and she has a 97% accuracy. 

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: October 20, 2011, 05:13:09 PM »
.... threading very lightly here on this "cliff".  We all know that "all forums" can accumulate real facts, false facts, rumors, theories, what if/s, could it be/s .... etc. 

I have been a member of this site for quite a while;  I also have visited other sites on occasions out of curiosity or to view/read things others have suggested, linked, noticed or whatever.  Strange enough though, it doesn't really bother me that there is always half fact, half all the other!!!.  I've realized over the years that if I read it all ....every post (without demanding proof of all that is posted in comments), I can more often than not, figure out what is fact and what is mistakenly repeated, and/or what is put here to deliberately mislead the public. 

Guess what!  I knew that when I first started reading forums.  It's the way it goes.  It's no different than sitting at Tim's listening to the gossip.  If I am going to demand proof of every word that gets posted, well I guess I'd better be prepared to "host my own site".  If I'm going to nit pick each and every word, thought, theory, ..... or take offense at every other fact (whether true or false) .... then I'm only getting in trouble with others and wasting my time. 

Who's to decide (other than mediators) what's what.  As long as there's no personal attacks to other members or posters, let the words fly.  Somewhere amongst it all,  there will be answers.  If you sit back and read, watch, think, and write back and forth ( with a thick skin) the whole thread boils until most is revealed.  If we can't handle that, and we pick, snap, judge others comments word by word ..... it will end up that there are probably several "peeps" reading and just dying to say something .... but afraid to speak for fear of being jumped for what they think they know or what they do know.  When readers get "spooked" by the bickering and picking, they stay wayyyyyyy back and we get "nothing".  Think about it.

I'm all for let everybody have a say;  if it's vile or far fetched, or repetitious of nothing but "hate", then it can be reported and deleted.  However, for the most part, the more that's tolerated, the more comes out.  ....just my personal opinion.

Nish

• I can't get PTSD, I'm a carrier.
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: October 20, 2011, 05:25:52 PM »
.... threading very lightly here on this "cliff".  We all know that "all forums" can accumulate real facts, false facts, rumors, theories, what if/s, could it be/s .... etc. 

I have been a member of this site for quite a while;  I also have visited other sites on occasions out of curiosity or to view/read things others have suggested, linked, noticed or whatever.  Strange enough though, it doesn't really bother me that there is always half fact, half all the other!!!.  I've realized over the years that if I read it all ....every post (without demanding proof of all that is posted in comments), I can more often than not, figure out what is fact and what is mistakenly repeated, and/or what is put here to deliberately mislead the public. 

Guess what!  I knew that when I first started reading forums.  It's the way it goes.  It's no different than sitting at Tim's listening to the gossip.  If I am going to demand proof of every word that gets posted, well I guess I'd better be prepared to "host my own site".  If I'm going to nit pick each and every word, thought, theory, ..... or take offense at every other fact (whether true or false) .... then I'm only getting in trouble with others and wasting my time. 

Who's to decide (other than mediators) what's what.  As long as there's no personal attacks to other members or posters, let the words fly.  Somewhere amongst it all,  there will be answers.  If you sit back and read, watch, think, and write back and forth ( with a thick skin) the whole thread boils until most is revealed.  If we can't handle that, and we pick, snap, judge others comments word by word ..... it will end up that there are probably several "peeps" reading and just dying to say something .... but afraid to speak for fear of being jumped for what they think they know or what they do know.  When readers get "spooked" by the bickering and picking, they stay wayyyyyyy back and we get "nothing".  Think about it.

I'm all for let everybody have a say;  if it's vile or far fetched, or repetitious of nothing but "hate", then it can be reported and deleted.  However, for the most part, the more that's tolerated, the more comes out.  ....just my personal opinion.

So you have no respect for what a slander, libel or defamation claim could mean to the principles of this site? I just happen to have some first hand knowledge in dealing with one of these...

I "work" for one site that has been slapped with the threat of a defamation suit because of what some of the membership was saying about this person's opinions. This was not serious stuff, more that people simply disagreed with his published opinions on certain affairs and I can only imagine what it would be like if he were to feel defamed over a case like this...

Thing about sitting at Tim's and listening to gossip: it isn't datalogged or stored.

All I have suggested is that people be careful with what they state, because it is too early.

Think about that.

Nish
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 05:33:26 PM by Nish »

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #843 on: October 20, 2011, 05:50:46 PM »
hags.nook;  On that link you provided, this is what I read:   "If the wrong information does get out there, folks might begin to feel their neighbourhoods might be unsafe, and that is NOT the case,"  MacDonald said.  (Constable Ken McDonald).

sad333

• View Profile
« Reply #844 on: October 20, 2011, 05:54:27 PM »
This forum has certainly gotten boring. You can't say anything before someone jumps all over your post. Nothing is being said as slander, just trying to put together what happened to Amber. Someone commented that they found black shoes. Well just look at the picture in the paper and you can see its a black shoe. Time to relax here and stop being so critical over every post.

Nish

• I can't get PTSD, I'm a carrier.
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: October 20, 2011, 06:09:13 PM »
http://justice4caylee.forumotion.net/t16779-canada-amber-kirwan-19-new-glasgow-ns

If this web site works OK when you pull it up, it shows the news stories to date and summarizes what has happened. It may be a good review It looks like a site for Caylee but it's all about Amber. Amber Donna Kirwan.

Nice resource, thanks for sharing.

Nish

EJP

• View Profile
« Reply #846 on: October 20, 2011, 06:50:00 PM »
Correction: ...put money on they may be almost dead on

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: October 20, 2011, 06:58:20 PM »
This forum has certainly gotten boring. You can't say anything before someone jumps all over your post. Nothing is being said as slander, just trying to put together what happened to Amber. Someone commented that they found black shoes. Well just look at the picture in the paper and you can see its a black shoe. Time to relax here and stop being so critical over every post.

I think it's pretty clear to most that have been posting here, what is not allowed. That would be naming someone who has not been found guilty of anything.

Trying to figure things out is alright. We are all intelligent enough to understand that some of it is speculation. Most times a poster will say 'they wonder if something could have happened". We do not want to curb all the ideas that people have, or their desire to speak at all.

In the beginning of this thread some posts that were hateful, or had crossed the line of what is allowed, were removed. That type of posting has pretty much stopped, and things have become a lot calmer on this thread.

If someone crosses the line in a post admin will let them know.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: October 20, 2011, 07:09:24 PM »
Debbiec is right.  Alot of us will preface our sentences with I wonder If, or What if, or In my opinion.
Facts are gleaned from the newspaper, and it can be expanded upon from there, with the prefaces. Somewhere in the sentence or paragraph some of us attempt to word things in such a way that hopefully people will understand that it is speculation, or a range of possibilities, and not proven fact.
New information is coming in all of the time on this site from posters, which is not necessarily in the newspapers.  Here we readers have to use our discretion, to believe it, or not.
On my part there is one recent post, which I believe, and you will not find it in the newspapers.
It was up to me to accept this as believable or not.  I chose to believe it.  Others may not.
JB

sad333

• View Profile
« Reply #849 on: October 20, 2011, 07:16:06 PM »
Well put Debiec. I have noticed alot are not posting anymore because they don't want people jumping over every word. We are just speculating as none us have any real idea as to what happened. Just saying what might have happened.  Lets hope they find Amber and bring her home.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #850 on: October 20, 2011, 07:51:45 PM »
EJP, thank you for being honest. I mean if anyone out there knows anything that is vital to finding Amber, this is not the time to cover anything up or tell lies. If anyone has information, take it to the police and let them investigate. It could be your sister, your mother or your wife that is missing or one of your children. Would you want someone to cover it up if they knew anything that could help this investigation. Please anyone out there, contact the police, call Crime Stoppers, you do not have to give your name. Prayers to find Amber. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

EJP

• View Profile
« Reply #851 on: October 20, 2011, 08:13:53 PM »
Anything I mentioned (for the exception of him inside a black car talking to others in front of Dooley's) is known to the police. And yes, I am convinced people are holding back vital information and that's just not right. I have no interest in collecting an award and if I find out anything I think the police don't know, I'll let them know for free...it is beyond sick for anybody to be motivated by money before they share info. To me, that's just not right. A person is missing out there, hopefully still alive...and this is no time to be worried about how much bucks you're going to get.  I also understand people are scared to say things and I get that, but maybe they should consider how scared Amber was and perhaps still is because I just don't want to believe she is dead. It will devastate her family and loved ones and dare I say, an entire community. Besides, unless the info they have could only be known by those who have done harm to her, then I don't see why they won't call in the info they have.

sad333

• View Profile
« Reply #852 on: October 20, 2011, 08:34:24 PM »
Is it possible I wonder if more people are involved then we realize. If he was outside Doolys at 1am she must have seen him and thats why she called his cell rather than a taxi.She might have figured he was in the area and said to meet him at Big Al's. Wonder if he had his car out that night at all. The police took his vehicle but I couldn't see why because she was in that car so many times her dna would be there anyway. Hope she is alive and can get home to her parents.

EJP

• View Profile
« Reply #853 on: October 20, 2011, 08:46:47 PM »
In some cases yes, and I believe others is due to the other person, not Mason. I know little of Mason and really haven't heard much bad stuff about him, mostly accusations/rumors, so I don't think people are reluctant to come forward when it so much involves him. I know the police know everything mentioned above, and pretty confident they heard about him in that black car too. That doesn't mean he is guilty of anything, remember, Mason and his friends and the parents have been asked to keep much of the story to themselves while LE figure what the heck is going on.  Anything I mentioned above, from what I can discern, really doesn't hinder their investigation, his mother revealed he wasn't alone and that got the ball rolling and people began talking...you might not be hearing these things on this site, or on other sites, but I guarantee it's serious chatter that is growing within the community...which is why i felt confident to post it. Yes, I know more, but I feel I would be hindering the investigation so for now, it's a judgement call to keep my mouth shut. I want them to find Amber one way or the other and refuse to be the one who messes things up. For those who are questioning why they are searching in the areas they have been since the weekend, believe me when I say this, THEY HAVE REASON TO. They're not shooting in the dark here, hopefully that helps people cope just a little more. There's a method behind what they're doing. The rumors of them finding a body in Pictou this past weekend is just a stupid rumor but they did find very compelling articles of interest as they already stated in the news. 

There were rumors the police took Mason's car within Pictou, it was actually taken in the area of Big Al's. Some are reading into that as significant, like LE is sending a message by taking his car in that area.

I feel bad for Mason, what is leaking out in the public mainly involves him. Again, before somebody calls me devil's advocate, I only have mentioned what is becoming common knowledge, anything else stays with me, and hopefully others for the time being who know what I am referring to, exercise the same caution. 

Again, it was not my intent to interfere with the search, just hoping people realize there is much more to do this. I am sure the trained eyes will pick up on what I didn't mention. If you do, consider if it hinders the investigation or not before posting.

Interestedinall

• View Profile
« Reply #854 on: October 20, 2011, 08:51:02 PM »
Please forgive me for asking this question but I really don't know what LE means..can you explain