Author Topic: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011  (Read 1022098 times)

Nish

• I can't get PTSD, I'm a carrier.
    • View Profile
Re: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011
« Reply #825 on: October 20, 2011, 01:40:43 PM »
Nish, my apologies that "nothing me" compared to your 20 years expertise in PR, makes some assumptions.
Would you rather have the mass hysteria that presented here before?

*facepalm*

I don't appreciate the insinuation of this statement at all. I have never rammed my experience or expertise down anyone's throat and I think it's quite unfair of you to suggest such with your words. You do not know me, you do not know my education or experience, so let's not pretend you do. You can try to be self deprecating with your "nothing me" all you want, I have never gotten close to suggesting anything of the sort and you are now extending assumptions to what I am saying. Furthermore, at no time did I mention anyone by name and I did so on purpose as there was no sense in naming anyone, but you went right ahead and assumed such.

You know what they say about assumptions? That besides making that whole ass out of u and me they are the mother of all f*ck ups. Assumptions on the night Ms Kirwan disappeared? Fully understandable and, in a sense, required. Almost two weeks after the fact when even the cops are asking people to refrain from such thing? Hummm......And hey, I don't run this place, so if the powers that be feel that assumptions are fair ball then so be it. But I am fully within my rights to voice my opinion about such. And it is just an opinion but a hard fought for, and learned one.

To answer your question: I am of the mind that part of the reason hysteria would grip a thread or a group is because of assumptions and the reaction to such, especially over a medium such as this.

Nish
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 02:46:18 PM by Nish »

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #826 on: October 20, 2011, 02:01:55 PM »
Thanks for that post, meechie.  I am now clearer on the answer to my question about the shoe.   There is NOTHING that states for a fact Amber's shoe was found.
And, even if "the black objects" are shoes, they are NOT necessarily Amber's.

The Police HaveNOT released any info regarding the shoes. 

meechie

• View Profile
« Reply #827 on: October 20, 2011, 02:27:13 PM »
np Jobo was getting tired of reading the same questions and seeing way to much speculations, I knew I had seen alot of the answers to people's questions in the news so I went digging and I must say CTV news is not the only news source I am seeing that the NG news is better with more details.

I must also say we all need to stop fighting, this is not helping to find Amber and that is why we are here, that is why this thread is here.

And I also want to point out again that we all have rights nobody is guilty until proven in a court of law, that is the right of every person.

We are not helping Amber by pointing fingers and saying what he said, what he did, what he didn't do or didn't say. We are not him and we are not in his shoes, it is the polices job to follow the evidence wherever it may take them and for them to put the pieces together to find out what happened, and only they can charge a person and even when that person is charged they are still innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

so lets all get along and stop finger pointing and only put the facts that have been reported in here this is the only way we can help.

and like my mother said IF YOU HAVE NOTHING NICE TO SAY, THEN DON'T SAY IT AT ALL. god rest her soul she was a smart women amen!

p.s I am sure many mothers have said that it is an old quote but it is the first one I remember my mom saying to me.

natesgirl1977

• "Every contact leaves a trace." Edmond Locard
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: October 20, 2011, 02:37:09 PM »
Thanks for that post, meechie.  I am now clearer on the answer to my question about the shoe.   There is NOTHING that states for a fact Amber's shoe was found.
And, even if "the black objects" are shoes, they are NOT necessarily Amber's.

The Police HaveNOT released any info regarding the shoes.

That's why I use the word "if" it was Amber's shoe.  She was last seen ballet flats....one of which a man is holding up and examining in the newspaper.  May not be Amber's shoe, but hey, if it fits....

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #829 on: October 20, 2011, 03:00:41 PM »
Oh, I know, natesgirl1977, I wasn't insinuating anything against anyone.   I was trying to clarify in my own mind what the hey the deal was on the "black objects".    I seem to dwell on small parts of the story, and if it isn't ringing right, I go on and on, until clear.  ;)

I have also done it on Valerie's thread in Quebec, regarding her school bag.  I even start apologizing all over the place....but If the shoe DON'T fit, I struggle with the big picture. 

I also use the word If a lot too; we have to as we do not have any facts other than the fact Amber left Dooley's @ 1:30a.m. heading towards Big Al's to meet up with her boyfriend, and did not have her phone, and according to the boyfriend, Amber did not arrive.

While I am posting, I noticed EyesforLies completely removed anything to do with this disappearance of Amber from her Blog.  She doesn't usually cover Canadian mysteries.  I wonder what happened as I was not really following it that closely?  I can't find any reference to it at all.   I think that one or two of you new members were posting on here and on her Blog....does any of you know what happened?   I admit that when I read some of the stuff on there I cringed.  Maybe the talk ended up getting even more out of hand, and she may have shut it down herself. 

meechie

• View Profile
« Reply #830 on: October 20, 2011, 03:16:49 PM »
here is the link for eyes for lies on Amber It is weird that it is not found on google but then again google has been acting strange for the last few days

http://blog.eyesforlies.com/2011/10/amber-kirwan-missing.html

Nish

• View Profile
« Reply #831 on: October 20, 2011, 03:35:54 PM »
here is the link for eyes for lies on Amber It is weird that it is not found on google but then again google has been acting strange for the last few days

http://blog.eyesforlies.com/2011/10/amber-kirwan-missing.html

I think it's prudent to note this, from the bottom of the blog page:
Disclaimer: All data and information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. Eyes for Lies Blog makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site & will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. This is a blog and  expresses opinions of the author. Just because Eyes for Lies does not believe someone does not mean they are (a) lying, or (b) a liar. All information is provided on an as-is basis. Eyes for Lies does not take any responsibility for comments published by its readers. Readers publish comments at their own risk.

I'll state it again: I am on the fence about all of this, for a litany of reasons. So please do not take my pointing this tidbit out to you as an indication of my "taking sides" one way or the other, because I haven't.

Blogs like this one are one thing that make me resent the information age just a little. But that's me.

Nish

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: October 20, 2011, 03:43:47 PM »
Nish - me too.  In my case also include "mediums", and psycics. Amateurs who do voice analysis, and set up a blog on these cases.

JB

Oryx

• View Profile
« Reply #833 on: October 20, 2011, 04:16:03 PM »
Blogs like this one are one thing that make me resent the information age just a little. But that's me.
Nish

I mentioned this in one of my earlier posts on this forum.  It's like National Enquirer.  If you are in the grocery aisle, and there's absolutely nothing else to read while you stand there idly waiting to purchase your groceries, then maybe peruse for a good laugh.

meechie

• View Profile
« Reply #834 on: October 20, 2011, 04:20:02 PM »
I have read her blog out of curiosity, but the comments people were making were was like a free for all and it was alot of hearsay, I would rather get my information from the news, even though it is not always correct it is a more reliable source than the internet.

Oryx

• View Profile
« Reply #835 on: October 20, 2011, 04:25:23 PM »
If the lady allows this on her blog, then she herself must subscribe to the ideas of gossip and rumors.  With a name like "Eyes for Lies" that's the best you should anticipate out of the site.  Her blog posts entail leading questions and comments geared towards riling up the audience.

But that's just my opinion....

Nish

• View Profile
« Reply #836 on: October 20, 2011, 04:33:08 PM »
If the lady allows this on her blog, then she herself must subscribe to the ideas of gossip and rumors.  With a name like "Eyes for Lies" that's the best you should anticipate out of the site.  Her blog posts entail leading questions and comments geared towards riling up the audience.

But that's just my opinion....

Rumour, gossip, innuendo, leading comments, etc. are the best way to foster "discussion" and thereby generate traffic to your site (which is tracked, by the way) and then perhaps advertisements (which is money, by the way). Most people do not care if someone is slagging you or agreeing completely, the hit count is enough for them - see: media. And "reputable media", IMHO, does not exist. See: Rupert Murdoch.

For the uninitiated or unimaginative, it's like this:
a) you post a story that is somewhat inflammatory (but not slanderous or libellous) and you take the approach that you are above reproach.
b) people start to share the story via social media because you are such a complete and total neanderthal and you must be corrected. Self righteous indignation helps here.
c) the site hosting the story and comments is able to track how many people visiting it. Don't worry, they aren't tracking "you", just that you visited or "clicked"
d) site owners display these numbers to potential advertisers.
e) advertisers, convinced their ads will be seen by more folks in your publication than in the Acme County Tribune, throw dollars at you to carry their advertisements.
f) start over at 'a'.

Folks, I'll opine that sometimes it ain't just about the facts, ma'am. Then again, I have also opined that the last newspaper, or news reporting medium, with any integrity was the North Bay Nugget - but again, that's just me, and that would have been 1938 (and I am nowhere near that old, again, just my humble opinion).

Nish
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 04:50:17 PM by Nish »

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #837 on: October 20, 2011, 04:39:57 PM »
I have never seen it like that on Eyes...only this time.  I never usually read the comments section,  I have recently and agree it went way too far on her Blog regarding Amber.   I think it really got out of hand for her like it did on this thread a couple of times....she is only one person trying to keep her site decent.   
 I just read how Eyes can pick apart a liar, and no matter what your opinion is of her, she is accurate.   She is not a physcic.
When you have time, you should read some of the cases she has followed, and you might be surprised at her.  One more thing her seminars are only for Law Enforcement and Military only.....

Don't know why I am defending her except that I have learned a few things from her site, as I am interested in profiling, and her take on liars helps me understand the human being a little better. ;) 

Thanks (again) meechie, for some reason I couldn't find and wouldn't have been surprised if it was shut down.   My computer has been acting up lately too.

While I am posting.....I am noticing LOTS of GUESTS on this Forum lately....which means these people have not registered, which is their perogative....but if any of you GUESTS know something that would help find Amber, please speak up, either to us, or the Cops Tip Line.  Please, for Amber.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 04:52:35 PM by jobo »

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: October 20, 2011, 04:54:00 PM »
from jobo:
While I am posting.....I am noticing LOTS of GUESTS on this Forum lately....which means these people have not registered, which is their perogative....but if any of you GUESTS know something that would help find Amber, please speak up, either to us, or the Cops Tip Line.  Please, for Amber.

Apparently this site is attracting lots from other sites, that are watching. I've been told that by members here,  that are also members on different sites.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #839 on: October 20, 2011, 05:11:55 PM »
I am trying my hardest NOT to be on the rumour mill....I guess I could have worded a touch differently (my mistake)....but I was Asking.   That's what all the question marks were for.   Clarification.    I shall be more careful  ;)
But thanks, I didn't notice at the bottom of her page I could click older cases.  (Not the brightest on the computer).

Thanks catacholamine, that is basically the point I was trying to make about Eyes.