Author Topic: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011  (Read 1039501 times)

Nish

• I can't get PTSD, I'm a carrier.
    • View Profile
Re: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011
« Reply #810 on: October 20, 2011, 08:14:28 AM »
I am as frustrated and as hopeful and as torn as everyone here...but I am tempering that with the cruel dose of reality that coming up with wild theories on theories on theories...does nothing.

Or perhaps I am just grumpy because it's raining.

I would tend to agree......and I am equally as blue b/c of rain, and a  head cold.  Just one huge snotty event here today  :o  Pun intended!  :D

Ba-ZING-ga, humour! It helps!

Everybody go and do something un-politically correct that makes you smile...or fart on a church pew, the acoustics are brilliant.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #811 on: October 20, 2011, 08:17:17 AM »
The weather doesn't help that is for sure, but also the length of time this is dragging out, as well as all the emotions involved wither involved or only by association of being in the town is sure to make any one blue.  I for one enjoy reading your posts Nish so keep them up please. 

fromPC

• View Profile
« Reply #812 on: October 20, 2011, 09:05:33 AM »
It's simply an opinion. One that comes from extensive experience. I wasn't referring to any one specific post, we aren't allowed to single people out any more, that's the new age of thinking, innit?

I am a black and white thinker who can consider the abstract and my initial feeling is often right which is why I seldom delve into the abstract. That said, talking about Amber's second cousin, twice removed's boyfriend's best friend's uncle...and his theory on this, is useless. IMHO, equally useless would be the use of mediums, sprit channels, ouija boards, tarot cards, beads, coins, smoke signals, psychics, symbolisms of Jesus Christ on the wall of a Tim Hortons, weeping Virgins, horoscopes, etcetera and so on ad infinitum and nauseum - I think you get the point. Further, I do not speculate very far from the centre of mass...but I will not be doing ANY of that here. I think it decentralizes things and is quite counter productive. As counter productive, like I have mentioned before, as hiding because there is the slimmest possibility that a maniac is on the loose - I just do not get the math on it.

If you've read some of my other posts you should, by now, get that I try to make my point but also get a smile while making it, there is enough going on to frown about. And if you don't get that then perhaps you should just put me on ignore.

These are things people do out of desperation and to hold onto hope. If my child was missing I might possible speak with a psychic too. It may be useless as far as the investigation goes however, people do these things and behave this way because it helps them through the stages of what they are dealing with.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #813 on: October 20, 2011, 10:07:40 AM »
I am wondering what colour Mason's vehicle is, there is a reason I'm asking that question. Can anyone post a picture of Mason's vehicle on here? And where is Mason employed or is he? These are just questions I am interested in knowing. And I wish everyone when posting would kind of brief their information in a little bit shorter message, too much reading. Hopefully some answers will come soon on what has happened to the beautiful Amber. God bless everyone searching and giving their time and resources to the family and friends   of Amber. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

fromPC

• View Profile
« Reply #814 on: October 20, 2011, 10:15:53 AM »
capeheart .....my understanding is the car is a red color, not sure of make. He works at Michelin as a contractor. Amber works at Home Hardware.

PeopleAreWeird

• View Profile
« Reply #815 on: October 20, 2011, 10:20:57 AM »
Vanished.....At that hour of the night, maybe her boyfriend had thought she'd gone to her parents or a friends.....how do we know for a fact when this was "reported" btw?

I do not remember any mention of an exact time, etc. reported in any media source (I could be wrong, in which case could someone show me the article?). :)
http://www.ngnews.ca/News/Local/2011-10-10/article-2773021/Pictou-County-woman-missing/1

Oryx

• View Profile
« Reply #816 on: October 20, 2011, 10:58:23 AM »
Thank you PeopleAreWeird!

This would be the official report by the family, I knew about the girl being missing via Facebook  feed on Sunday Morning......meaning someone was looking for her prior to Sunday evening, meaning the boyfriend or someone else must have posted something via social networking prior to contacting the authorities (or if the authorities were contacted, they cannot consider it a missing person's case within a time frame, can they not?). 

Maybe someone would like to verify at what point the police define it as a missing person's case (is it 24 hours?).

Nish

• I can't get PTSD, I'm a carrier.
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: October 20, 2011, 11:11:38 AM »
These are things people do out of desperation and to hold onto hope. If my child was missing I might possible speak with a psychic too. It may be useless as far as the investigation goes however, people do these things and behave this way because it helps them through the stages of what they are dealing with.

What I was referring to and what I was referring to only.

PeopleAreWeird

• View Profile
« Reply #818 on: October 20, 2011, 11:15:19 AM »
Thank you very much for your post Mariea Leil-Bowser. Your post should let any doubters put to rest.  Glad that you have a trust account set up for the family. Overjoyed to learn that MC has not been dipping into the fund to buy himself cigarettes, as has been claimed.
Thank you, thank you, thank you
And God Bless you for stepping in and setting the record straight.
Jellybean

This is MY thinking...... Because Mariea Leil-Bowser states "Mason has not taken one cent of the money" does not mean that's 100% fact.

I posted this earlier but it's somehow gone now. I read in an earlier post that it happens sometimes when someone posts at the same time as you so I hope that is what happened.

But I would like to add that just because some of the "kids" supposedly stated he was taking money for cigarettes does not mean that it's 100% fact.

PeopleAreWeird

• View Profile
« Reply #819 on: October 20, 2011, 11:21:09 AM »
Thank you PeopleAreWeird!

This would be the official report by the family, I knew about the girl being missing via Facebook  feed on Sunday Morning......meaning someone was looking for her prior to Sunday evening, meaning the boyfriend or someone else must have posted something via social networking prior to contacting the authorities (or if the authorities were contacted, they cannot consider it a missing person's case within a time frame, can they not?). 

Maybe someone would like to verify at what point the police define it as a missing person's case (is it 24 hours?).

I found this really quick (I have to leave for work) http://www.gov.ns.ca/just/pto/services_mp.asp

I hope it's the proper info that you're looking for.

Oryx

• View Profile
« Reply #820 on: October 20, 2011, 11:37:05 AM »

I found this really quick (I have to leave for work) http://www.gov.ns.ca/just/pto/services_mp.asp

I hope it's the proper info that you're looking for.

Thank you.   I was wondering about the time frame as well.  I ask this information to dispel some of the other misinformation being spread in regards to the girls boyfriend, and the assumptions people are making based on this.  Just because it was officially reported on Sunday afternoon, does not necessarily mean this was the time, and only time the family and loved ones were looking for the girl. 

In my "humble opinion" you cannot base judgements on this information. Only those involved would know exactly how the events occurred. Therefore I think it is a tad bit futile to question these things.

sad333

• View Profile

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #822 on: October 20, 2011, 11:50:13 AM »
Thanks, PC for the information about Mason's vehicle. Would he have had any company vehicles home with him that night, like a van or a truck because of his contract work? And I find it very interesting at this point that it was her family that reported her missing and not Mason. That bothers me that he says he just went home and went to sleep, because that was not the case. Other people were with him at his apartment, so I am wondering about that.  :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

meechie

• View Profile
« Reply #823 on: October 20, 2011, 01:04:30 PM »
Ok here are a few answers to some peoples questions that I dug up that was reported in the newspaper.

1http://www.ngnews.ca/News/Local/2011-10-10/article-2773021/Amber-Kirwan-still-missing---UPDATE%3A-Police-widen-search/1

2http://www.ngnews.ca/News/Local/2011-10-12/article-2775182/RCMP-major-crime-unit-joining-in-investigation/1

3. This is a statement in the paper made by her friend Chickness and added Kirwan had forgotten to take her cell phone to the bar and only had one drink while was there.She moved in with Campbell about four months ago. They had been dating for a couple of years.

http://www.ngnews.ca/News/Local/2011-10-11/article-2774215/Boyfriend-questioned-in-Kirwans-disappearance/1

but the only fact that we know for 100% that is important here is that AMBER KIRWAN IS MISSING!

My thoughts and prayers go to her family that she will be found soon

SAP

« Reply #824 on: October 20, 2011, 01:06:59 PM »
Isn't this an assumption by SAP that Mason was asleep or his cell was turned off?

OMG. I failed to say that possibly, possibly, possibly he may have have turned it off. This really is a very minor assumption, especially comparing to what has been assumed in the past by others. I can list them if you want.

Doesn't anyone read all the posts?? Read what Teachlove has been posting please. At that time of night probably there were a lot of assumptions, ie ... the friends thinking Amber is with Mason; Mason could have been thinking Amber stayed with the friends. In my humble opinion, no one that night felt there was a need to worry about anything. Just giving the benefit of doubt.

Nish, my apologies that "nothing me" compared to your 20 years expertise in PR, makes some assumptions.
Would you rather have the mass hysteria that presented here before? 
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 01:28:56 PM by SAP »