Author Topic: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011  (Read 1028597 times)

Oryx

• View Profile
Re: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011
« Reply #795 on: October 20, 2011, 06:14:46 AM »
Not so....a friend posted that Amber was missing on my wall at 10am Sunday morning.

That's probably when the friend awoke, found the text and message from Mason and couldn't reach him. (He was sleeping or his cell was turned off). She went into action since the last she heard from Mason was that he was asking about Amber and since Amber wasn't with her friends, perhaps she also checked with Amber's family, then posted on FB.
[/quote]

I am not FB friends with anyone of Amber's close friends. This came from another person on my newsfeed. Social Networking can spread things like wildfire I guess.... :o

fromPC

• View Profile
« Reply #796 on: October 20, 2011, 06:16:00 AM »
There was a quick blurp on cbc news last night.

http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/News/Local_News/NS/1317909223/ID=2156649532

fromPC

• View Profile
« Reply #797 on: October 20, 2011, 06:45:21 AM »

That's probably when the friend awoke, found the text and message from Mason and couldn't reach him. (He was sleeping or his cell was turned off). She went into action since the last she heard from Mason was that he was asking about Amber and since Amber wasn't with her friends, perhaps she also checked with Amber's family, then posted on FB.
[/quote]

Can't imagine he would turn his cell phone off with her missing at that point. Perhaps it had to be charged.

fromPC

• View Profile
« Reply #798 on: October 20, 2011, 06:59:58 AM »
Not sure where that info is coming from .....I quoted it from above. But I can't imagine he would turn it off.

bluemist

« Reply #799 on: October 20, 2011, 07:07:46 AM »
This is so heartbreaking!!
I find myself thinking about 'the shoe', my first thought about losing a shoe is IF it is hers, did she try to run from someone? and what is the direction of the closest place she would try to get to?
I do know that the shoe has not been confirmed as hers. It would be nice if the process of determining these things wasn't so long, but in order to be thorough I imagine they have to be.
I hope and pray everyday for good news...
Once again these are just thoughts.... :(

Nish

• I can't get PTSD, I'm a carrier.
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: October 20, 2011, 07:26:57 AM »
I see the telephone game is starting again.  ::)

natesgirl1977

• "Every contact leaves a trace." Edmond Locard
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: October 20, 2011, 07:32:32 AM »
bluemist  IF that was Amber's shoe, she was definately not happy to be near the person she was running from....i owned those types of shoes and if you run really quickly they will fly right off your feet.

natesgirl1977

• "Every contact leaves a trace." Edmond Locard
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: October 20, 2011, 07:34:10 AM »
that is....if she was running also :P

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #803 on: October 20, 2011, 07:42:41 AM »
Nish what did you mean?  The telephone game is starting again?

Nish

• View Profile
« Reply #804 on: October 20, 2011, 07:49:16 AM »
Nish what did you mean?  The telephone game is starting again?

I meant that the speculation is starting to ramp up again and that will soon be taken as fact, rather than what it is. You know, talk of texts, or shoes, or search areas...just suggestions initially, but ones that we have seen many buy into as gospel. I really wish everyone would just take what the cops and other officials say as, well, "official".

I am as frustrated and as hopeful and as torn as everyone here...but I am tempering that with the cruel dose of reality that coming up with wild theories on theories on theories...does nothing.

Or perhaps I am just grumpy because it's raining.

bluemist

« Reply #805 on: October 20, 2011, 07:57:34 AM »
I'm sorry if your referring to my post, definitely was not my attention, I shall refrain from "theorizing", as your right, it does nothing...

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #806 on: October 20, 2011, 08:08:00 AM »
Nish I agree with you when gossip gets taken as gospil it creates a frenze.  Which it appears has happened on and off in that town.  Not a good thing for sure. 

Nish

• View Profile
« Reply #807 on: October 20, 2011, 08:11:20 AM »
It's simply an opinion. One that comes from extensive experience. I wasn't referring to any one specific post, we aren't allowed to single people out any more, that's the new age of thinking, innit?

I am a black and white thinker who can consider the abstract and my initial feeling is often right which is why I seldom delve into the abstract. That said, talking about Amber's second cousin, twice removed's boyfriend's best friend's uncle...and his theory on this, is useless. IMHO, equally useless would be the use of mediums, sprit channels, ouija boards, tarot cards, beads, coins, smoke signals, psychics, symbolisms of Jesus Christ on the wall of a Tim Hortons, weeping Virgins, horoscopes, etcetera and so on ad infinitum and nauseum - I think you get the point. Further, I do not speculate very far from the centre of mass...but I will not be doing ANY of that here. I think it decentralizes things and is quite counter productive. As counter productive, like I have mentioned before, as hiding because there is the slimmest possibility that a maniac is on the loose - I just do not get the math on it.

If you've read some of my other posts you should, by now, get that I try to make my point but also get a smile while making it, there is enough going on to frown about. And if you don't get that then perhaps you should just put me on ignore.

Oryx

• View Profile
« Reply #808 on: October 20, 2011, 08:12:23 AM »
I am as frustrated and as hopeful and as torn as everyone here...but I am tempering that with the cruel dose of reality that coming up with wild theories on theories on theories...does nothing.

Or perhaps I am just grumpy because it's raining.

I would tend to agree......and I am equally as blue b/c of rain, and a  head cold.  Just one huge snotty event here today  :o  Pun intended!  :D

Oryx

• View Profile
« Reply #809 on: October 20, 2011, 08:13:29 AM »
If you've read some of my other posts you should, by now, get that I try to make my point but also get a smile while making it, there is enough going on to frown about. And if you don't get that then perhaps you should just put me on ignore.

You just brightened up my morning with the above ramble! Sarcasm is sometimes lost in translation Nish.....