Author Topic: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011  (Read 1034815 times)

TruthandReconciliation

• View Profile
Re: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011
« Reply #720 on: October 19, 2011, 07:53:09 PM »

I believe that Big Al's is open 24 hours. It is true that she would have been seen on the camera, though she was not (reported in media sources). I forgot this point. Is there any way she took an alternative route? Yes, but I don't think that's a possibility, as it would be highly impractical. Is there a chance that she wasn't seen on the camera due to lighting? Perhaps, but it is only a small possibility.

T&R

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #721 on: October 19, 2011, 07:55:17 PM »
oxry glad for your post.  I know there has been a lot of posts on here from people in your community with gossip about the donations etc.  Glade that you cleared it up the MC was not dipping into the money as some of the posters said on here.  Happy that things are organized and being taken care of.  I know how important fundraising can be when someone is missing.  My hat is off to you for your time and effort.  We in all provinces are praying she is found and hopefully safe.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: October 19, 2011, 07:57:24 PM »
T&R would the camera extend out onto the street? or just the front part of the convenient store? Most camera's just cover the front part of a store, especially the doorway.

I thought the shoe was found between Dooley's and Big Al's.  If I am wrong - please, please correct this statement.

Thanks

JB
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 08:00:26 PM by jellybean »

HollyP

• View Profile
« Reply #723 on: October 19, 2011, 08:00:36 PM »
Big Al's closes at 11pm. Just to clarify :)

sad333

• View Profile
« Reply #724 on: October 19, 2011, 08:00:58 PM »
Mariea I agree the family should have total support from the community. They must be going through hell. I hope she comes home safe but until she does they cannot work and continue on as usual.  I think the only complaint is the fact of the donation boxes that someone was taking money from them and sending people for cigarettes. You always here of these isolated things happening so it bothers some people who will do without to make that donation. I think you should continue and keep this in the news as much as possible. I have heard nothing on national news from cbc to ctv. You need to keep it out there until this girl is found. Alot of people have not even heard of this case. I had a sales rep in today from NS and she had not heard about it.
If you can get it national you may get more donations and if she has been abducted maybe she could be in another province. Until she is found anything is a possibility. JMO

sad333

• View Profile
« Reply #725 on: October 19, 2011, 08:04:33 PM »
Holly I thought so. I would imagine their camera is inside not outside. I thought someone said MC was on camera at Big Al's but she was not. I guess until we know where the camera is we can only guess.
I thought all Needs closes at 11 pm

Oryx

• View Profile
« Reply #726 on: October 19, 2011, 08:05:47 PM »
It is very frustrating reading posts from those who like to spread rumors or have ulterior motives.....

This was re-posted on my FB wall this evening, and I thought it should be passed along. Mariea Leil-Bowser has spear-headed the efforts in helping locate Amber from the get-go.  I trust this lady implicitly, and thought it only fair that others can read how wonderful the people of Pictou County are to those in need.  My son has received so much love and affection from the patrons of this county.  He has needs that require inordinate amounts in health care costs a year.  If it were not for the generosity displayed by complete strangers, and those who see fit to help, we would not have been able to take care of those pertinent needs. 

God bless the wonderful people in this county for all they do to help, and god bless Amber Kirwan and her beautiful friends and family who are suffering something no person should ever have to bare.

Mariea I agree the family should have total support from the community. They must be going through hell. I hope she comes home safe but until she does they cannot work and continue on as usual.  I think the only complaint is the fact of the donation boxes that someone was taking money from them and sending people for cigarettes. You always here of these isolated things happening so it bothers some people who will do without to make that donation. I think you should continue and keep this in the news as much as possible. I have heard nothing on national news from cbc to ctv. You need to keep it out there until this girl is found. Alot of people have not even heard of this case. I had a sales rep in today from NS and she had not heard about it.
If you can get it national you may get more donations and if she has been abducted maybe she could be in another province. Until she is found anything is a possibility. JMO

I am not Mariea....btw....:) This was just what was passed onto me this evening.

Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #727 on: October 19, 2011, 08:07:33 PM »
Someone posted before a great theory. The walk from Dooly's to Big Al's is a 3.5 min walk. The drive from MC and AK's apartment is stated to be an 8 minute drive. If they both left at the same time, then Amber would have gotten there 5 mins before he would have. She most likely walked on the sidewalk side under the street lights which would mean she would not have appeared on Big Als cameras. If she kept walking towards Trenton to meet him on his way to get her (the direction he would be driving from) then that would leave a very large, dark area where anything could happen.

Holly I thought so. I would imagine their camera is inside not outside. I thought someone said MC was on camera at Big Al's but she was not. I guess until we know where the camera is we can only guess.
Pretty sure there is a parking lot camera but it wouldn't see her walking on the oppostie side of the street. I would assume thats the camera that saw him arrive.

Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #728 on: October 19, 2011, 08:08:30 PM »
So are the donations going to Mason's healthcare costs??

HollyP

• View Profile
« Reply #729 on: October 19, 2011, 08:10:16 PM »

Big Al's is not owned by needs (doesn't really matter though LOL). He used to be opened until midnight but it just recently changed to 11pm. I do know for a fact that there are two cameras at Al's on the outside of the building. One faces the street on an angle and one faces the side parking lot next to the tracks. Not sure if they both work, but they are there I have seen them myself. Hope this was clear, not sure if I described it well.:|

Oryx

• View Profile
« Reply #730 on: October 19, 2011, 08:12:17 PM »
Jay.....

Neither of my son's are named Mason, and just to clarify one is 3 and the other is 4 and a half years old.....:) I have no qualms about expressing that upfront. One of my children was born with Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus, and we continue to hold fundraisers to cover the costs of his braces and wheelchair.

Oryx

• View Profile
« Reply #731 on: October 19, 2011, 08:19:47 PM »
Vanished.....At that hour of the night, maybe her boyfriend had thought she'd gone to her parents or a friends.....how do we know for a fact when this was "reported" btw?

I do not remember any mention of an exact time, etc. reported in any media source (I could be wrong, in which case could someone show me the article?). :)

Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #732 on: October 19, 2011, 08:20:15 PM »
Jay.....

Neither of my son's are named Mason, and just to clarify one is 3 and the other is 4 and a half years old.....:) I have no qualms about expressing that upfront. One of my children was born with Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus, and we continue to hold fundraisers to cover the costs of his braces and wheelchair.

Gosh, i totally misread that!! I'm so sorry! Glad the fundraisers were able to help your son and your family :)

Oryx

• View Profile
« Reply #733 on: October 19, 2011, 08:25:10 PM »
Gosh, i totally misread that!! I'm so sorry! Glad the fundraisers were able to help your son and your family :)

That is OK! I was thinking you must have!  :)
My son is very proud of his new "ride".  The braces have helped give him the strength to stand with confidence.  I'd like to believe that Pictou County has many more wonderful people in it, than naysayers! :)  Sometimes' it is good not to let a few rotten apples destroy the bunch.  Maybe if more people saw the miracles in life, they wouldn't be so quick to think negatively.  It took one small miracle to show me that! :)

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: October 19, 2011, 08:25:33 PM »
We too as a community in our Province in Alberta, also donate our time, effort and money to raising funds for children with special needs.  i see what you mean Oryx.  I am hoping that the day will come, when a child with special needs will receive all of the special care and equipment by our Governments without fund raising. Seems to me that the County of Pictou are very specail people indeed.  I would be proud to be a citizen of it, or even to say that I came from there.
I am glad that some citizens are speaking up for the community and setting the record straight.
Prior to these positive comments, I was wondering if we were even talking about a community in Canada. - no kidding.

JB