Author Topic: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011  (Read 1022226 times)

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
Re: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011
« Reply #705 on: October 19, 2011, 06:44:43 PM »
She might have arrived at Big Al's first saw that the car wasn't there waiting for her,  kept on walking and was offered a ride home. And he arrived a few minutes later.

Just throwing that one out there as well.

JB

SAP

« Reply #706 on: October 19, 2011, 06:54:27 PM »
From a previous Post:
Another poster (post #802)  pointed out and asked if the other person wasn't mentioned because of who his father was. That alone seems to say a lot. So it's possible Mason did tell Police who was with him, however Police have asked him not to report that to media. jmho. If a person has been asked to hold back info when speaking to the media that can be where it may sound as though things are falling apart, imo.
I will try to remember you all as young adults, even though I still call my 28 yo a "kid". :)

Another possibility could be that MC did not mention his friend being with him to the police because maybe the friend was on probation or had a curfew which ...would mean he would have sold out his friend if that was the case. Not a fact, just a thought.
Schooner
[/quote]

Exactly. Or was the dad of the other young adult a known drug dealer ... many questions, few answers. I just hope it's not the case of  the wrong person going to jail for a crime he didn't commit to save face for some "upper crust". That happens too when people don't tell police the whole truth.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #707 on: October 19, 2011, 07:03:19 PM »
The shoe is now niggling me.   Is it fact that it was found between Dooley's and Big Al's?  And fact that it is Amber's?  (that might sound like a silly question, but lots of young females have the same taste in shoes).   
I would love to know if these are facts or not, I am confused at this point...

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #708 on: October 19, 2011, 07:07:48 PM »
Jobo to my Knowledge the police have never released if the shoe found was hers or not.  A lot of young people partying that night any one could have lost the shoe.  just my opinion

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #709 on: October 19, 2011, 07:12:54 PM »
Where was this shoe found?  Someone answered this question previously, way back, but I can't find it. I think I recall where it was found, but I don't want to say in case I am wrong, and then the wrong information turns into fact.

The shoe was not found at Big Al's and it was not found at Dooley's. And it was found in New Glasgow.  I'll try and find the post as to where it was found.

JB
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 07:17:10 PM by jellybean »

Maureen

• View Profile
« Reply #710 on: October 19, 2011, 07:14:46 PM »
I think some people think the friend in the car is a male....is it possible the person was female and when Amber saw this she got upset and started walking on her own and was picked up by someone else.... it is also possible that the person in the car whose family is one of the elite from the community and the family doesn't want their name involved in this....there are so many possibilities that a person could go crazy trying to understand it all....It just bothers me that according to an earlier post, the police asked MC not to say who was in the car with him....WHY NOT....

TruthandReconciliation

• View Profile
« Reply #711 on: October 19, 2011, 07:18:55 PM »

JB,

You make an excellent point. The area beyond Big Al's is far more "dangerous" looking and it is around the bend in the hill (and road) thus, the abduction could have occurred in that area. It would have been impossible for the RCMP to have seen that area if they were stationed at Dooley's. However, I do remember cars (especially taxis) heading in that direction. After the store, there is it's small parking lot. There are tracks 30 feet away on the same side as the store. It runs parallel to the store and the road as well until it veers to the left away from the road and goes into the trees. It was the focus of the search the first night (however myself and others looked along the Samson Trail along the river).  After Big Al's on the right is a wooded area (that is at least .5 of a km long). It is important to note that there is an area of grass, that runs between the road and the woods. The road runs along the contours of a hill on the right (following the road from Dooley's). Which is a residential area but is covered with trees. There are some streets that run up the hill across from the store. It is almost impossible to see the road from the houses, (except possibly the houses that are on the bottom street) because the canopy from the trees that are on the hill observe the view (I know this from the house party I attended). The area is well lit near the store, and there are street lights that go up the road. It is hard to describe the area through text but I hope you get the idea.  I do not remember seeing many (if any) people leave in that direction in which the shoe was supposedly found. Walking in that direction makes no sense (unless you were to get picked up at Big Al's). It is in the opposite direction of the down town (i.e. away from any banks to get money for taxis, any waiting taxis, any pizza joints and the like to get warm food, though you can get food at Big Al's but nobody would go there after partying to get food, away from the more "safe" areas.) That is why I believe none of her friends went with her.

T&R

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #712 on: October 19, 2011, 07:36:23 PM »
My thinking has always been that Amber did walk past Big Al's......my opinion only.

About the shoe, that is the problem, we need to find out what is really the Truth.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #713 on: October 19, 2011, 07:38:13 PM »
T&R. Thank you. Wherever the shoe was found, if it is hers, is probably where she was abducted. MC would not have abducted her, not his girlfriend when he was due to meet her anyway, and she would have hopped into his car with the shoes on her feet.
See what I mean?

JB
ps the shoe found, I believe has been sent to forensics.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 07:43:19 PM by jellybean »

sad333

• View Profile
« Reply #714 on: October 19, 2011, 07:40:52 PM »
What time of night does Big Al's close. I would imagine it was closed by 11 pm. Anyone know??

concernedanon

• View Profile
« Reply #715 on: October 19, 2011, 07:42:06 PM »
ONE THOUGH I WILL HAND ON TO............DO YOU REALLY AND TRULY THINK THAT AMBER WOULD HAVE LIVED WITH, AND CONTINUED TO STAY WITH SOME ONE SHE THOUGHT MIGHT HARM HER.  Of course not so lets all stop being the judge and jury and let the police solve this and find her.

THIS IS STARTING TO SOUND LIKE TH JUDGE JUDY SHOW.

I know that this post was made about 8 pages back, but I am just catching up now and this statement really bothers me!

If you really believe that someone would not stay with a person who they believed might harm them, you need to do some major research of violence against women.

As someone who has been in a very abusive relationship for 4 years (which luckily I am no longer in), I can promise you that this happens. For the last year of my relationship I was terrified of my boyfriend. I recieved numerous threats from him, stating that if I ever tried to leave him he would kill me, members of my family, and even friends and aquintances he hardly knew. Nobody (and i mean NOBODY) had any idea that any of this was going on, and for fear of him I never even hinted to anyone that it was. To the outside world, we were a wonderful young couple who seemed to love each other very much. Lucky for me, one day a friend of his walked in and witnessed some of the abuse before my boyfriend even realized he was there. This friend of his then managed to pull me aside every chance he had and remind me that he knew what was happening and to tell me that I had to get out of the situation asap... he gave me the courage to leave, move far away, and speak up to my family and close friends and tell them what i had gone through. They were shocked. I am the last person they ever would have thought would get into that situation.

After alot of counselling and group support, I realize that this situation happens much more often than anyone would like to think. It happens to people you would never think it would happen to. As much as you would like to believe you can, you cant see it from the outside looking in! That perfect relationship you see may be a living nightmare.

So YES.. somebody can very well live with and continue to stay with someone who they KNOW may harm them.

EDIT: Please understand that I am not saying this is true in Ambers case, or that MC is one of these abusiv men. Just stating that this happens everyday. It just really bothers me when people are naive to the reality of violence and abuse.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 07:46:50 PM by concernedanon »

google

• View Profile
« Reply #716 on: October 19, 2011, 07:42:52 PM »
If she walked by Big Al's, wouldn't she have been on the surveillance video?

Oryx

• View Profile
« Reply #717 on: October 19, 2011, 07:44:08 PM »

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #718 on: October 19, 2011, 07:49:18 PM »
concernedamon yes I do know all about abuse and know that it continues to happen. I guess I just figured that the very young as in 19 would not put up with any of that expecially with lots of friends and family around .  At that age they can nearly always go home if things don't work out.  Most people though that are in that type situations are not allowed to go out on their own with their girl friends wouldn't you think.  you may well be right.  But at this point I don't want to speculate and till she is found and the police say what they have to say.  Thanks.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #719 on: October 19, 2011, 07:50:03 PM »
Thank you very much for your post Mariea Leil-Bowser. Your post should let any doubters put to rest.  Glad that you have a trust account set up for the family. Overjoyed to learn that MC has not been dipping into the fund to buy himself cigarettes, as has been claimed.
Thank you, thank you, thank you
And God Bless you for stepping in and setting the record straight.
Jellybean