Author Topic: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011  (Read 1040085 times)

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
Re: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011
« Reply #690 on: October 19, 2011, 04:57:55 PM »
Thanks for your input Truth much appeciated.  I think the reason, and I know I am guilty of this, that a lot of the posters on here refer to them as kids is because we are older.  I know my oldest daughter is 38 and I guess I am guilty of calling most any one that age and down kids lol I know it has preturned my 23 year old at time so my apologys.  More a slip of the tongue than anything ment.  Hoping things can remain calm and some resolution soon.  I take it you are one who has not had to go away for school and are still in the town?   Takes for a view of the night she went missing.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #691 on: October 19, 2011, 04:59:22 PM »
Jobo guess we said basically the same thing lol at the same time,  guess it is our age and wavelenght in using the term kids.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #692 on: October 19, 2011, 05:04:23 PM »
Truth, thanks for giving us an idea of what it was like that evening. I also am wondering where did Mr. Campbell's friend come from, that was with him that evening. I never heard anything about that before, that another individual was with him. Also, he said he went home and went to bed, when he couldn't find Amber. And now I've noticed that there were other people at his apartment that night. So what is the real story here, it sounds like there are discrepencies in his story. Maybe that is the reason the police are looking at him more closely. It doesn't add up, the story about going home and going to bed. We just have to sit back and wait for more word on Amber's whereabouts.  And we know the searchers will be held up, because there is a heavy rain storm coming of up to 90mm of rain. I send my thoughts and prayers to everyone involved in the search for Amber. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Oryx

• View Profile
« Reply #693 on: October 19, 2011, 05:05:15 PM »
Thanks for your input Truth much appeciated.  I think the reason, and I know I am guilty of this, that a lot of the posters on here refer to them as kids is because we are older.  I know my oldest daughter is 38 and I guess I am guilty of calling most any one that age and down kids lol I know it has preturned my 23 year old at time so my apologys.  More a slip of the tongue than anything ment.  Hoping things can remain calm and some resolution soon.  I take it you are one who has not had to go away for school and are still in the town?   Takes for a view of the night she went missing.

Bahaha....my mother still calls my friends "kids" and they are in their mid-late thirties. Truth Much Appreciated, try not to take too much offense! :)  I am still young enough to remember 19.......and believe me. You have a world of knowledge and experience coming to you in your twenties! 

TruthandReconciliation

• View Profile
« Reply #694 on: October 19, 2011, 05:10:22 PM »

Thank all of you for your kind comments. I am not greatly offended by the term "kids" just the negative connotations that go with it. I completely understand  and believe you that you meant no harm using the term, but I feel that is not the same for everybody. I am grateful that my interpretation of the night has given you insights to the happenings and a holistic view of the situation. I wanted to bring clarity to this forum  and speak up for those who are not in the county at the moment (and thus not seen in the media) . And yes, I am away at university at the moment. I did not see her walking away from the bar that night.

T&R

SAP

« Reply #695 on: October 19, 2011, 05:19:57 PM »
Welcome Truth.

I am not accusing, all I am doing is commenting on facts, though I feel Mr. Campbell is not making a good case for himself. I felt uneasy after he had said that a friend was with him the night she went missing recently, whereas from the first night there was no mention of this friend. Why was this not mentioned earlier? People have said that it was because of the investigation. I find that hard to believe, because why would that have anything to do with the case in the beginning?

Another poster (post #802)  pointed out and asked if the other person wasn't mentioned because of who his father was. That alone seems to say a lot. So it's possible Mason did tell Police who was with him, however Police have asked him not to report that to media. jmho. If a person has been asked to hold back info when speaking to the media that can be where it may sound as though things are falling apart, imo.

I will try to remember you all as young adults, even though I still call my 28 yo a "kid". :)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 05:42:32 PM by SAP »

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: October 19, 2011, 05:26:31 PM »
TAR, Were there a number of out of towners there?  I don't mean those who returned to the county to see family over the TGD weekend, but those who well, appeared be out of towners?
And thanks for your clear minded and very honest post about that nite at Dooley's

JB

teachlove

• View Profile
« Reply #697 on: October 19, 2011, 05:28:19 PM »
quoted from Truth&Reconciliation : "It is unfortunate but I feel that the situation that is occurring, such as the ridiculous parade idea, would not be the same if the University attendants did not have to leave the county. If  this demographic of young people were more involved in the response, though this is hard to do when you pay 15,000 a year and have to go off to school throughout the Maritimes or farther, that this whole mess would have been lessened or avoided, and that it would have been  more mature."

Truth&Reconciliation: As I stated in an earlier post, my son was also a schoolmate of Amber's, and also at Dooley's that night. He  is one of the University Students that had to leave pictou county and go back to University Monday.  I have wondered the same...if they/you (some of who were/are remarkable and experienced leaders) could have offered more 'mature' responses/ideas. Many of Amber's high school schoolmates are immersed in their university studies and unable to offer insight/input. Recognizing however, that many of the efforts and responses have been very good, they are not all inappropriate, such as the 'ridiculous parade idea'.  But I think I know what you are saying.  :)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 05:32:59 PM by teachlove »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #698 on: October 19, 2011, 05:37:47 PM »
Truth& Reconciliation; Did you notice any out of towners that night at Dooley's - not counting those from University who came home for friends and family?
Did you notice anyone staring at Amber for any length of time?

Perhaps I shouldn't be even asking these questions.

JB

TruthandReconciliation

• View Profile
« Reply #699 on: October 19, 2011, 05:42:49 PM »

JB,

It is hard to say from looking at somebody and being able to tell if they are "out-of-towners." Nonetheless, I understand your question. To be honest, I am not sure. I do not live in New Glasgow, thus am not as knowledgeable about who resides there or not. Especially for those bar patrons that were older than I am. As well, I do not go to Dooley's that often compared to the Pubs/Clubs that are available in the area of my university. It was dark, crowded, I was drinking, and I was paying more attention to my friends at that moment. I only saw Amber for a moment, so I did not notice anybody looking at her. You are more than welcome for my post about that night and am pleased that it is adding to peoples understanding of that night. I appreciate you questions as well. The more clearer I can make the night the better. @teachlove Thank you for that comment and I am happy that others feel the way that I do about the situation. You hit the nail on the head with your post.

T&R

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #700 on: October 19, 2011, 05:54:55 PM »
T&R.  I can picture it, almost touch the scene, and hear the loud voices, etc. People spillng out onto the streets, etc., Taxi's and even cop cars.

She could have easily been followed by someone in a car and no one would have noticed, or heard anything what with all of the noise.

Just tossing out a possibility there. (Except for the cop cars). Who in their right mind would abduct someone around cop cars? Even if the perp abducted her further up the street. Unless they caught in her a dark area, and no cop cars around? Is that possible?

JB

sad333

• View Profile
« Reply #701 on: October 19, 2011, 06:08:17 PM »
I'm with you JB, they would have had to have alot of nerve to even think about it with that many people around. Doesn't make any sense to me and never has to be abducted within 2 minutes of leaving Dooly's. Still don't think thats what happened. JMO

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #702 on: October 19, 2011, 06:13:58 PM »
She may have been offered a ride home, and willingly got into a car. She may have been tired and just wanted to go home with the thought of using her cell phone at home and letting MC know that she found another way home. Perhaps she didn't want to stand outside of Big Al's and wait for him. (unkowing if he was there waiting for her or not). Why refuse a sure ride home, as opposed to standing in a parking lot waiting for her bf to pick her up?

Just throwing that thought out there.

JB
PS; where was that shoe found again?

schooner

• View Profile
« Reply #703 on: October 19, 2011, 06:22:05 PM »
From a previous Post:
Another poster (post #802)  pointed out and asked if the other person wasn't mentioned because of who his father was. That alone seems to say a lot. So it's possible Mason did tell Police who was with him, however Police have asked him not to report that to media. jmho. If a person has been asked to hold back info when speaking to the media that can be where it may sound as though things are falling apart, imo.
I will try to remember you all as young adults, even though I still call my 28 yo a "kid". :)
[/quote]

Another possibility could be that MC did not mention his friend being with him to the police because maybe the friend was on probation or had a curfew which ...would mean he would have sold out his friend if that was the case. Not a fact, just a thought.
Schooner

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #704 on: October 19, 2011, 06:35:48 PM »
That is a good thought Schooner.
Here we have an unspoken elephant in the room.  If MC was such a "bad dude" with "bad friends", why on earth would Amber have anything to do wih him? And why on earth would her parents support him in all of this?
By all accounts Amber was a good person, graduated and went on for further training,and held down a part time job, I believe. A somewhat serious girl. Surely her parents would have had some influence in her choice, if they felt that he was "not for her"
I am tryng to look at other possible scenarios as to her missing, until she is found.
The fact that it was Thanksgiving and an unusually large crowd, can include someone within it, with plans for Amber.

JB
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 06:42:29 PM by jellybean »