Author Topic: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011  (Read 1020694 times)

EJP

• View Profile
Re: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011
« Reply #645 on: October 19, 2011, 09:50:09 AM »
And let me also point out that if this mystery person comes forward and gives Mason a solid alibi people will have no bogeyman to focus on and have no choice but to focus on Amber again instead of Mason. Because people have forgotten about Amber on the most part. I understand the concept that focusing on the person they think is guilty would help find her, but what if everybody was focusing on somebody wrongly thus wasting their resources?

meechie

• View Profile
« Reply #646 on: October 19, 2011, 09:56:09 AM »
I think on page 52 or 53 someone was asking about a picture in the news about the police finding a black shoe, I knew I had seen it and here is a link of the police picking up what looks to be a "black flat shoe". atleast that is what it looks like to me I could be wrong

http://www.ngnews.ca/News/Local/2011-10-11/article-2774215/Boyfriend-questioned-in-Kirwans-disappearance/1

whispersoftly

• justice ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: October 19, 2011, 10:08:13 AM »
here is the pic for on the site..thought it would be a good idea to post it. now that I know how to do it.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: October 19, 2011, 10:19:04 AM »
Please do not judge the intelligence of a whole community based on what you are seeing here and on other forums- that's unfair. the majority of people in PC are putting their faith in law enforcement, hoping for the best yet fearing the worst, and are just genuinely heartbroken for the Kirwan family.... and most are sharing their opinions at their kitchen tables, NOT the internet. I feel that in any small town, a situation like this would cause a similar reaction.  That said, I do feel our civic leaders need to step up and gain some control here, it is time....

Thanks for pointing out that you can't judge a whole County by facebooks or a forum on the internet. Very true.
Many families do resolve conflict and give their families support  with "good old kitchen table talk".
It beats the internet, hands down.  IMO

JB

Nish

• I can't get PTSD, I'm a carrier.
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: October 19, 2011, 10:35:30 AM »
I wish I knew how to band together and change our legal system to enforce harsher sentences without parole..
It is wrong that when some one takes someone else's life intentionally they only suffer restriction for a few years of their own life. The only parole I believe someone should have who has intentionally taken someone else's life is supervised/guarded work environments where they get work experience, stay busy and benefit society...while serving a maximum sentence.

Easy peasy....

Vote Conservative.

Or Brendan Shannahan.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 10:44:42 AM by Nish »

Interestedinall

• View Profile
« Reply #650 on: October 19, 2011, 11:47:10 AM »

SAP

« Reply #651 on: October 19, 2011, 12:23:29 PM »
Yes Watchful...Many of my posts from last night were deleted by someone and I don't particularly appreciate that. I just skimmed through here and see that the post where I responded to rude posts by a few was deleted just because some of us think differently than others. Eyeswideopen's post from last night attacked a few of us on here because we stated our 2 cents worth, she posted for people to SHUT UP and was quite obnoxious. I responded. My post got deleted, yet hers remains? What's with that? Now who is being biased?

I have to say that people are posting on here, moderators included, where they say one thing like "don't make assumptions" and "don't speculate"...yet in their next post they themselves are making assumptions, speculating and doing the very things they are telling others not to do.

I am not a baby and I would appreciate that I get treated with the same respect and guidelines as any other on here. I am not the only one seeing and noting this. If you want to erase my post at least have the balls to tell me why. Otherwise you are being very sneaky and underhanded. This forum is meant for people to discuss back and forth, and I would expect that it be done in a respectful manner, but coming on here and telling us to SHUT UP and that you are pissed isn't being very professional at all, and why a post like that remains while others are being deleted is beyond me. If you want to come on here and act all holier than thou, be willing and able to at least follow your own advice.

Another recent poster stated something like "why are people coming on here and making statements about things you don't know...for example reading body language, etc". And Debbie, you keep coming on here and making reference to the other cases on this site. I do happen to know about the topics I have commented on. Just because I don't come on here like some and claim my experience in these fields doesn't mean I am not trained in these fields. Maybe it's time for some to stop assuming we don't know what we are talking about because that is quite assumptuous, isn't it? Read my previous posts, the ones that were not deleted and you will see that I probably do happen to know what I am talking about.

I guarantee that every post I made was based on FACT, not hearsay. I did not ever say 'so and so' did this, however, I am allowed to voice my opinion based on what I (and I did say "I") know. Not my fault some people make it very easy to form an opinion.

And also for those of you who accuse some of us for speaking on topics we know nothing about...I have personally worked on many of the cases Debbie refers to on this site, so I do know something. So please don't assume I am just on here trying to stir the pot. My information is based on many years experience and training in such situations as this. So stop spouting off, pointing fingers, speculating and making assumptions, OK???

From now on, if someone wants to delete my threads at least have the BALLS and common courtesy to tell me. I can agree to disagree, can you?????       

Perhaps it might help to read the forum rules.

wantinganswers

• View Profile
« Reply #652 on: October 19, 2011, 12:37:31 PM »
I wish I knew how to band together and change our legal system to enforce harsher sentences without parole..
It is wrong that when some one takes someone else's life intentionally they only suffer restriction for a few years of their own life. The only parole I believe someone should have who has intentionally taken someone else's life is supervised/guarded work environments where they get work experience, stay busy and benefit society...while serving a maximum sentence.

Easy peasy....

Vote Conservative.

Or Brendan Shannahan.

That opens a whole new can of fish!! ...We need a new political system too..., plus, conservatives are currently dominating parliament hill. What about proportional representation  or better yet, proportional representation by subject or 'bill' so that our taxes proportionally go to the things important to the people of this country-I am done, THIS IS NOT FOR POLITICS!

Surely no matter what Government is in power though, if people make bigger 'stinks', protests, something that cannot be ignored, when specifically murderers are put out on parole with freedoms, eventually the courts would be slower to parole them...?? 

SAP

« Reply #653 on: October 19, 2011, 12:58:34 PM »
Quote EJP:

Hello Eva, I heard about somebody else in Mason's car on his route to pick her up to, I would say I heard this three days before you let it leak out from somebody who knows you and Mason. What I couldn't understand, Eva, is why was your son being allowed to be crucified by everybody if he has an alibi. When I was told what the father of person accompanying him did  for a living, I kind of understood why.  Doesn't make it right, as far as I am concerned, if the info I received is spot on, I don't care what his dad does for a living, at this point this person should be making a statement in defense of Mason, stating he was with him the entire time. Anybody I've talked is blaming your son for this, even with the knowledge that somebody was supposedly with him, their reasoning is that so what if somebody was with him on the way in, did he drop this person off before going to pick Amber up...to even more ridiculous speculation that this second person was there when whatever happened to Amber, happened. This county has lost it's mind, and yes, having this mystery person enter the public eye might not calm people down, it should very well at least take the unfounded heat off your son. You know what people here are like, Eva, and so do the authorities, if indeed your son had somebody with him, regardless of who the father is and regardless if they don't want to be in the public eye, they have to realize this is wrong letting Mason take all of this on by himself.  Mason's recent posts on the internet show a man falling apart emotionally and mentally due to unfounded accusations. It's wrong for this person to sit put and say nothing. It's criminal.

Stay strong, Eva.

This is a travesty all the way around. I don't know anyone involved here but I have seen Mason crucified with gossip and the Media does not help; they are only looking for a juicy story that will sell. For years Media have not been about the bare truths, and checking sources has gone with the wind. Mason needs to have someone to talk to but not media.
Of course he is falling apart with all the unfounded accusations and bullying he is getting on-line and probably in the community. He also lost the love of his life. He's young too; of course he will be falling apart. Young guys are often awkward with words and how they say things and these words are pounced on and dissected in the worst ways. Someone please get Mason to a grief management before there is another tragedy.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #654 on: October 19, 2011, 12:59:37 PM »
Re:  The shoe:  It is very easy to overlook an item when searching.  In fact in other cases, how often have we heard, gosh we searched that area thoroughly, only to find remains close by months later.  Very often by someone out jogging or walking a dog etc. And  it is very easy to overlook a BLACK SHOE.  It's very colour would blend into the grass and earth.
That is why 2nd and often 3rd searches are done in an area, and even then, items can be missed.

The last person(s) to see Amber were those at Dooley's - not MC. Someone could of easily folowed her from Dooley's.  It would not be first time this scenario has happened in other places.
Personally, I don't feel one way or the other as to "who it might be", and I agree while the focus is to "find Amber", only so much can be done in that respect, other than support the police, and the official volunteer efforts.

In the meantime there are two families in agony. Some posters from PC may not like MC, may never have liked MC, and it is difficult to brush aside their feelings about him.  I recognize that.
These families are innocent, they have done nothing wrong, and deserve support.  There is little value in driving a young man into an emotional state, and creating another Victim.
 He is in a place where he is forced to stay in PC, cannot get away from any of his accusers, and this is tragic in itself. I pity him.

JB

SAP

« Reply #655 on: October 19, 2011, 01:02:54 PM »
Well said JB. Kudos!

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #656 on: October 19, 2011, 01:05:53 PM »
Someone had just tried  to post something, and unfortunately it didn't take, as my post somehow stopped the other one from getting through.  This happens from time to time on this site.  it is a glitch, and would have nothing to do with deleting it.
Please post your thoughts again, and I am sorry that my post somehow stopped yours.

JB

Nish

• I can't get PTSD, I'm a carrier.
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: October 19, 2011, 01:16:37 PM »

Easy peasy....

Vote Conservative.

Or Brendan Shannahan.

That opens a whole new can of fish!! ...We need a new political system too..., plus, conservatives are currently dominating parliament hill. What about proportional representation  or better yet, proportional representation by subject or 'bill' so that our taxes proportionally go to the things important to the people of this country-I am done, THIS IS NOT FOR POLITICS!

Surely no matter what Government is in power though, if people make bigger 'stinks', protests, something that cannot be ignored, when specifically murderers are put out on parole with freedoms, eventually the courts would be slower to parole them...??

Ease up and don't skewer me for trying to answer a question as I see it...and then for dropping a little levity into topic.

I note that for someone who states this board isn't for politics you sure go on a political rant, I merely posted an answer to a question.

Nish

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: October 19, 2011, 01:19:11 PM »
Well stated JB. Thanks.

hometowngirl

• View Profile
« Reply #659 on: October 19, 2011, 01:22:36 PM »
...I am only posting here to send love and sympathy to both of the families in volved.To the Kirwan family ,,your in my prayers and may you continue to have strenghth.To Masons Mom,your child is in the middle of the light right now and things are tough but stay strong because god is watching over you.I am so sorry that you have to read these comments concerning your songuilty or not guilty,your heart must be broke and I beleive the community is being so unfair to your feelings..