Author Topic: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011  (Read 1034799 times)

natesgirl1977

• "Every contact leaves a trace." Edmond Locard
    • View Profile
Re: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011
« Reply #630 on: October 19, 2011, 06:43:31 AM »

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #631 on: October 19, 2011, 06:48:48 AM »
I just posted on the thread for Kevin Wesley Martin...( Stellerton area - 1994).  On that thread is also the murder of Hazel Oleksiew which was solved in 2005 with the arrest and conviction of Randy McDonald.  He lived in the same apt. complex, and Hazel was last seen at a convenience store.  Anyways, McDonald was given LIFE with no chance of Parole for 19 years.   

Does anyone know if he is still in jail?  (He better be)

All I can say about the cops searching is that they certainly have their work cut out for them....there is so much water and rural area around New Glasgow....Pictou Landing....

fromPC

• View Profile
« Reply #632 on: October 19, 2011, 07:09:59 AM »
jobo .....not sure if he's out, but if it was no chance of parole for 19 ys, I would think he isn't.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #633 on: October 19, 2011, 07:15:46 AM »
Yes, fromPC, sounds like he is locked away for 19 years...but stranger things have happened.  I wanted confirmation, just in case.

wantinganswers

• View Profile
« Reply #634 on: October 19, 2011, 07:24:17 AM »
I wish I knew how to band together and change our legal system to enforce harsher sentences without parole..
It is wrong that when some one takes someone else's life intentionally they only suffer restriction for a few years of their own life. The only parole I believe someone should have who has intentionally taken someone else's life is supervised/guarded work environments where they get work experience, stay busy and benefit society...while serving a maximum sentence.

As far as Amber Kirwan, we can only hope she returns alive and well. If this cannot happen, we can only hope that whoever did this to her meets as much justice with our law enforcement as they can administer.

natesgirl1977

• View Profile
« Reply #635 on: October 19, 2011, 08:05:26 AM »
Jobo, Randy MacDonald, 49, and Stephen Ball; an accessory to the fact, have been arrested and in jail for the 2002 murder of Hazel Ann Oleksiew.

BDK

• View Profile
« Reply #636 on: October 19, 2011, 08:07:03 AM »
jobo - Hazel Oleksiew was a dear friend to me, and my now-husband and I were the last of her friends and family to see her alive. She left our apartment on Halloween night to go out (I was only 18 at the time and could not go with her), and never made it past the convenience store just a minute or two on foot down the road.

We moved to New Glasgow in 2010, and needless to say Amber's story has brought back awful memories - and my first horrified thoughts were that Randy had been released as well; the story is just so uncannily similar, a bar, a convenience store, a 19 year old girl and a very short time frame for a disappearance. It also encourages me to remind people that while a spouse or partner is often the culprit in missing persons or homicide cases, it is not an absolute. People cast suspicions on Hazel's boyfriend as well, and certainly had egg on their faces when almost three years later, her killer turned out to be a neighbour whom she barely knew, except in passing. We all lived together in a 12 unit apartment building - Randy right next to us, in fact! There is a reason why people are innocent until proven guilty in this country, and it saddens me to see people leap on Mason to such a degree - because no one knows any more than anyone else in this situation, at this time - to accuse without valid reason, evidence or proof is harmful, and could really hurt someone if they in fact turn out to be completely uninvolved with her disappearance.

To my knowledge, Randy has not been released from prison, nor should he be for quite some time yet. He was sentenced on November 1st, 2005, and it has only been six years. I tried at one point to register as a victim so that I could attend future parole hearings, but am told it is unlikely I could do so without being a family member, despite being close to her and deeply involved in the investigation. So, unfortunately, a parole hearing for Randy is not something I am likely to hear about. I live in fear daily for the day he is released, just as I lived in fear daily for the three years he walked free. I do not know what the chances are of someone accessing early parole after only 6 years of a life sentence, but if he were to be free at this time, I am almost certain the police would have taken a good hard look at Randy and others like him who live within reasonable distance of where Amber disappeared. I don't think there is any way to find out if he is still in prison.

EvaCampbell

• View Profile
« Reply #637 on: October 19, 2011, 08:37:14 AM »
I did not want to give any information that was not released by the police. But I lost my temper with the media at that moment. You will note that I did tell you that the public has less than 1 percent of the info, and that the people that NEED that info...have it.

I stopped commenting on this forum because those of you who have made up your mind, don't want to be persuaded otherwise.

I noticed in one of mc's mothers posts on here that she mentioned another person in the car. So whats the story on this anyway?  Is this his alibi?  Was this person with him all night and can verify mc's every move up until he reported her missing?
I just reread all her posts and didn't see any posts where she said that..

Oryx

• View Profile
« Reply #638 on: October 19, 2011, 08:54:38 AM »
I stopped commenting on this forum because those of you who have made up your mind, don't want to be persuaded otherwise.

Eva, I wish it was easy to change other's convictions. But you remember, you are Mason's mother, neither you, nor Amber's family should or need to be reminded of the love you have for your children.  Keep strong in the knowledge you have, do not waiver, nor allow other's ignorance to hurt you.  I would stop reading these forums if I were you or Amber's parents.  People will always have something to say, try to keep your strength and focus on all of the good things the good people in this county have to say and do for your family.

Much love
C.

Interestedinall

• View Profile
« Reply #639 on: October 19, 2011, 08:59:52 AM »
I did not want to give any information that was not released by the police. But I lost my temper with the media at that moment. You will note that I did tell you that the public has less than 1 percent of the info, and that the people that NEED that info...have it.

I noticed in one of mc's mothers posts on here that she mentioned another person in the car. So whats the story on this anyway?  Is this his alibi?  Was this person with him all night and can verify mc's every move up until he reported her missing?

I agree that being Masons mom and being so close to Amber this is a very trying time in your life.  However since the media is allowing Mason to look like a person of interest and having a community divided over it..If the information had been released at the begining then maybe people would stop their speculating and accusations..I believe people do have an open mind and are fair when the facts are given to them..of course the police must keep things private but allowing a young man to be crucified in the media will not help how is perceived in the future when the truth comes out..

natesgirl1977

• View Profile
« Reply #640 on: October 19, 2011, 09:16:51 AM »
I agree. watchful eyez

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: October 19, 2011, 09:19:07 AM »
Hi Folks,

I am sure this must be hard on this town and the people who know the girl or her boyfriend. I hope we can hold our judgment on what happened at this time.

The police are not warning the public to be vigilant, which means they probably already know what happened and are convinced of it.

Searching the vehicle of the BF may have just been routine, it may not have. No one knows thus far.

But I think almost all of us agree, the police are working on this, seem to have evidence and a working theory and we should all know in short order as I feel they will make an arrest, or if not, make a statement with more details.

It is difficult for the mods here to keep having to deal with angry people, even if they end up being right, I hope y'all can appreciate that. Thanks.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: October 19, 2011, 09:31:30 AM »
Please get back to discussing Amber.

EJP

• View Profile
« Reply #643 on: October 19, 2011, 09:45:19 AM »
Hello Eva, I heard about somebody else in Mason's car on his route to pick her up to, I would say I heard this three days before you let it leak out from somebody who knows you and Mason. What I couldn't understand, Eva, is why was your son being allowed to be crucified by everybody if he has an alibi. When I was told what the father of person accompanying him did  for a living, I kind of understood why.  Doesn't make it right, as far as I am concerned, if the info I received is spot on, I don't care what his dad does for a living, at this point this person should be making a statement in defense of Mason, stating he was with him the entire time. Anybody I've talked is blaming your son for this, even with the knowledge that somebody was supposedly with him, their reasoning is that so what if somebody was with him on the way in, did he drop this person off before going to pick Amber up...to even more ridiculous speculation that this second person was there when whatever happened to Amber, happened. This county has lost it's mind, and yes, having this mystery person enter the public eye might not calm people down, it should very well at least take the unfounded heat off your son. You know what people here are like, Eva, and so do the authorities, if indeed your son had somebody with him, regardless of who the father is and regardless if they don't want to be in the public eye, they have to realize this is wrong letting Mason take all of this on by himself.  Mason's recent posts on the internet show a man falling apart emotionally and mentally due to unfounded accusations. It's wrong for this person to sit put and say nothing. It's criminal.

Stay strong, Eva.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #644 on: October 19, 2011, 09:49:28 AM »
I agree this is not a time of sunshine and butterflys and is a terrible time,  but please lets not create another tradgety because of it.   The more positive, and unaccusing people remain the more likely for a resolution.....just my opinion.