Author Topic: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011  (Read 1034625 times)

jobo

• View Profile
Re: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011
« Reply #570 on: October 18, 2011, 02:21:13 PM »
IMHO  I totally agree with your last post too.   I can see on this forum our numbers of people logged on has grown crazy since Amber went missing.   It shows me that your community there really, really cares.   

Some may be going about it the wrong way, but like you said where is a Church Leader or the Mayor or someone like that to step forward and help the community, especially Amber and Mason's peers?  These kids are struggling with the rumours and the fear, and they just can't stay home and do their homework when a young friend went missing; they need to feel like they can help. 

It truly is sad, I hope answers come soon....AND IF anyone on here reading this knows ANYTHING at all, please call the Cops.   Amber needs to be found.

sad333

• View Profile
« Reply #571 on: October 18, 2011, 02:22:07 PM »
Nish I realize you are referring to my post.
I understand that you should not stay off highways because you may have a car crash. They do happen everyday but someone who drops off the face of the earth does not happen everyday.
The case last year in NB , she was kidnapped within 1 minute of leaving the mall and dragged for 2 km then brutalized for 26 days and the police had no idea what had happened to her but they felt the public had nothing to worry about.  They thought she left of her own accord and they were wrong. They did the searches same as in this case and nothing showed up. Her daughters kept her in the news day in and day out and she saw them on TV and it gave her some hope she would be found. When that hope failed she realized she had to escape somehow and she finally did.
They asked for the publics help hoping someone had seen her but no one had. They had leads and tips but they were all false. I am sure many people thought her husband had something to do with it but that was wrong also.
The police are not going on these forums for information hoping for ideas. We are not in anyway interferring with their investigation. They don't give a rats behind what is being said on here. When this idiot kidnapped her he was so mad because she was a 54 yr old grandmother. He wanted a young girl as a girlfriend but that wasn't what he got.
Do you think if he wasn't caught he wouldn't do it again?? Wrong he would have made sure she was young next time.
So until this is solved we cannot point fingers at anyone. Everyone just wants this young lady brought home to her family safely. I would not want my childred out alone after dark until this is over and the police have it solved.  There are so many cold cases in NS , I just hope this isn't one of them.

I think they should keep her face on the news and hope she sees this if she is being held against her will. Give her the will to try to escape and get back to her family.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: October 18, 2011, 02:22:33 PM »
I totally agree with the last few statements. A quiet reflection and prayer in churches (it doesn't have to be on a Sunday), it could be held any night of the week. I think this should be given serious consideration.  Where are the churches on this? For that matter, where are the churches on any of this?

The Mayor should give a statement to the citizens of Pictou County, backing up the police, re: do not listen to rumours, do read the police news bulletins and updates when they come out in print - and last but not least, do call crime stoppers with your tips.

Thirdly, A Trust Account should be set up at a bank in PC (Many communities dothis for their causes.

Have the citizens drop off their donations at the bank.

Stop taking donations on the street - and that will stop thieves from setting up their own table under the guise of "Finding Amber" donations.

If you wish to continue to sell green balloons, sell them in front of the bank where the trust account is held.

And last, do give an accounting through the press, as to the amount of money raised on a regular basis.
And do be CLEAR as to where these donations are going.

This is how it is normally done.  Kudos to her friends who have raised money, but for their own protection, I have listed a few ways in which they can avoid the headache and any accusations of misspent money. Through the bank, you will have receipts for your deposits.  And the bank will do the rest of the work.  :)

JB

« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 03:02:39 PM by jellybean »

SAP

« Reply #573 on: October 18, 2011, 03:24:22 PM »
Quote IMHO:

The leadership in New Glasgow and/or Pictou County should step up and provide some leadership to prevent this town and county from blowing itself apart.

Numerous Facebook pages, blogs and chat rooms are explosive.  Currently the only person of authority that has been speaking has been Const MacDonald and I am sure he is working on little sleep for the past 10 days.  The people of this area need to hear from the Mayor or someone else in a mature authoritative role to ask people to settle down and be patient. The police, I am sure have most of the info they need, now to put together the pieces - once those pieces are in place- we will start getting answers.

The young people who are organizing various events need some mature guidance. It is apparent that they are not getting it. Candlelit Vigils with hooting and hollering are not appropriate. (Check out the Youtube videos)  Parades with honking horns is undignified and purposeless. The current situation is not cause for misplaced/misguided  celebration.

Perhaps one of the many churches in the area and there are plenty, could open their meeting spaces for people to gather for quiet reflection. Perhaps some of the donations coming in could be used to provide refreshments for this type of gathering.  Where are our church leaders....Our community leaders? Can you not see your people are in need of your leadership???

Excellent ideas. Also JB and a few others.

After reading all these pages to get perspective, I'm at the same place I was in the beginning.

Horn blaring and people swearing at passing drivers to get attention to Amber's cause?

Why not do something that represents the sweet, prescious, lovable young lady?  My thoughts and prayers for Amber, her family, Mason and family, and friends.
I will offer the same for the community as people really seem to have lost all reasoning powers, judging by the postings here. I am afraid, since this feeding frenzy is getting way out of hand, if there's not a stop put to it, (as police have already needed to shut down frequencies) the outcome will be more violence. Just my take after reading here. 

SAP

« Reply #574 on: October 18, 2011, 03:49:26 PM »
@ SAP,  I agree!  Something is going to break that bubble soon.  Someone is unfortunately going to get seriously hurt or bashed because of the stress everyone is under trying to make everyone around "aware" of this poor girls disappearance.  I'm sure everyone in the area is more than "aware". 

There is no need of swearing and chasing because someone doesn't "honk".  What if their horn was broken and one of these kids did this to someone who just can't take it anymore and gets out and hurts one of them or they hurt a driver or damage their vehicle?  Already some mans wipers had beem damaged from flyer insertion in them! 

Really though....

Anyone can snap if they've just had enough and can't take it any longer ... the driver, or the one flagging them down. The person outside the vehicle would likely sustain more injury.

In incidents I'm aware of where there has been a missing/death of a loved one or colleague, there have also been debriefings by qualified personnel talking to people in groups to keep the atmosphere of fear to a very minimum. Usually done by counselors trained in grief and fear management. I hope for everyone's sake something like this can be accomplished.

michealscott

• View Profile
« Reply #575 on: October 18, 2011, 04:05:48 PM »
This is just a thought, does the boyfriend owe anyone money?  Is it possible they are waiting for the reward amount to go a bit higher to pay off some debt?  Not sure who in their right mind would allow a 19 yr old girl to move into Pictou Landing anyways, I am sure they could have afforded an apartment in town.  I don't know who is responsible for this, I just want to keep thinking Amber is ok out there, and possibly she is being held for ransom of some sort from someone?

Is pictoe landing a bad area? i live about 45 mins from pictou i been reading this entire situation online since it happened last weekend with no real opinion on whats going on hopefully the police have some good leeds,... i really just feel bad for the family,.... the facebook groups are going out of control but im keeping my 2 cents out of there. hopefully she gets found soon and hopefully shes safe... i drove thru NG today and there is seriously missing posters everywhere you look on every building and most telephone poles i also seen a helicopter cruzing over top stellerton but i have no idea if it has any relation ot the case

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: October 18, 2011, 04:40:15 PM »
I think if she was abducted for ransom, the blackmailer would have made his move by now, as it has been 9 days since she went missing.  Personally, I rule that out.

Got to thinking that if the police were so sure of MC being involved why would they let him ride around in his car for such a long time after she was missing? One would think that they would have seized his car almost right away. But for some reason, only known to them, they did not.

Were they following him somehow to see where he was going during the last week?
(I can't see them being successful at doing that, in such a small town like NG.)

Are they searching other counties nearby? How far away is Stellerton from NG?

JB

natesgirl1977

• "Every contact leaves a trace." Edmond Locard
    • View Profile

Annunaki

• View Profile
« Reply #578 on: October 18, 2011, 05:11:59 PM »
Kind of funny how the old tree huggers have not complained about the sheer amount of balloons released into the sky... poor fish be choking on them for weeks with the amount of water around N.S. they are prob landing in... and on another note I think its time the people that want to clear their names take a volunteer polygraph don't ya think? ENOUGH IS ENOUGH ! ! !

sad333

• View Profile
« Reply #579 on: October 18, 2011, 05:19:00 PM »
They are complaining about the balloons and wildlife. They want them to use chinese lanterns instead of balloons.

Maureen

• View Profile
« Reply #580 on: October 18, 2011, 05:21:54 PM »
I know that psychics were mentioned but was there any brought in to the area and maybe one can take you to where Amber is. If anything he/she may shine a light on something that may help.

As for the young people, they are looking for any avenues that they think will help find their friend. Whether it be a parade, handing out posters or wearing a green ribbon....I am sure it makes them feel they are doing something. It is better than sitting around waiting for news whether it be good or bad.

I hope that anyone that knows anything has a conscience and will come forward and tell what they know. They may think it is only a small thing and it doesn't really matter but that is not the case. No matter how big or small the information is, it is all important because it all fits in a big puzzle and that small piece may be just what the police need in finding Amber.

As for pointing fingers, I think everything possible should be done in finding Amber and then deal with who is to blame for her disappearance and I hope it is just that...

HollyP

• View Profile
« Reply #581 on: October 18, 2011, 06:07:16 PM »
Pretty sure they can't install a GPS device in his car. And his car wouldn't be given back if they found something in it.....

schooner

• View Profile
« Reply #582 on: October 18, 2011, 06:16:28 PM »
Pretty sure they can't install a GPS device in his car. And his car wouldn't be given back if they found something in it.....
also... ever think that the cops could have put a gps device on his car.. and then they could track it to some of the locations that they have been showing up at... maybe thats why they let him have his car.. some of the older posters in here have been thinking inside the box thats for sure... and to all those people that are saying praying for amber a million times.. prayer will do nothing... maybe if you would get off your ass and get out and help and stop thinking that prayer is the answer.. maybe we would be further along.. Pictou Co.... still the bible belt of Canada....

As it was speculated in earlier posts that the cops may have had to wait to retain a search warrant to seize his car I would think the same procedures would be required to install a GPS system???? I would think the same about phone lines being tapped, not even sure if they actually can do this in Canada? Does anyone know these answers?
Schooner

HollyP

• View Profile
« Reply #583 on: October 18, 2011, 06:19:34 PM »
I thought the post from Annunaki was referring to them giving his car back.. my mistake. :(

oceansalt

« Reply #584 on: October 18, 2011, 07:12:18 PM »
also... ever think that the cops could have put a gps device on his car.. and then they could track it to some of the locations that they have been showing up at... maybe thats why they let him have his car.. some of the older posters in here have been thinking inside the box thats for sure... and to all those people that are saying praying for amber a million times.. prayer will do nothing... maybe if you would get off your ass and get out and help and stop thinking that prayer is the answer.. maybe we would be further along.. Pictou Co.... still the bible belt of Canada....

Prayer is the way some people deal with these things. Faith is a great thing to have as it carries you through alot. Some people like to pray some like to get out and help, some like to let balloons go, some like to light candles and do walks...some people even do parades.