Author Topic: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011  (Read 1022170 times)

schooner

• View Profile
Re: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011
« Reply #540 on: October 18, 2011, 10:07:46 AM »
Good Point Oceansalt! ;)

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #541 on: October 18, 2011, 10:13:38 AM »
Wow I am amazed.  It would appear that the parents support the boyfriend  from there post but people even insist on making that suspect.  I am begining to wonder if fingers are pointed at him to protect some one else?  What ever happened to fairness.  Not defending any one or accusing anyone.  But from the outside and what I am seeing posted on here, this is sure a bias town. 

Nish

• I can't get PTSD, I'm a carrier.
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: October 18, 2011, 10:23:15 AM »
Nish,

Your comment of "New Glasgow is NOT Harlem. Or Moscow. Or Termiz. Or Bangkok. "  I agree it is none of those places but things happen even in other places.

I agree. However, living in fear of the unknown is counterproductive. That was my point in the statement.

I can't recall how many times I've heard people say "We never thought something like this could happen here."

Same here.

Things like this can happen anywhere. In any town, in any neighbourhood, at any time of day. All you would have to do is read some of the cases on this board to see that. People often have a false sense of security, especially young people. Everyone thinks those kinds of things only happen to someone else, somewhere else.

And so I think there must be a careful balance between education and not having people believe there are monsters around every corner.

I have no opinions on what happened and whom is responsible. But I will offer that I believe this to be isolated, and I read the same into the police's comments which is why I make mine.               

natesgirl1977

• "Every contact leaves a trace." Edmond Locard
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: October 18, 2011, 10:29:18 AM »

Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #544 on: October 18, 2011, 10:32:17 AM »
There is apic in the paper from the balloon ribbon even that showed Marj with her arms around MC. I'm sure they don't want to think he's involved.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #545 on: October 18, 2011, 10:38:12 AM »
It is hard to figure out families and boyfriends and all that, but the main focus is on where is Amber. We can think what we like, but the investigators will be right on to anything that is amiss. I am sure they have to be confident that they are going to get the right person who is responsible for Amber's disappearance and it looks like now it is murder. There certainly is a lot of dramatization on here related to the town of New Glasgow. Come on guys, us here in Nova Scotia don't think anything about New Glasgow, blink your eyes and you just about pass it by.  So let's cut to the chase and get to the real tragedy here, Amber has not been found. We do not want to hurt anyone, there has been enough done now and everybody has to get the warmth back into their feelings for Amber's mom and dad and family members. Let's all say a silent prayer that Amber is found very soon. And if her BF is a person suspected, then the police will certainly have this sewed up in due time. But you and I know, as well as another poster has stated, many are missing and are cold cases, we don't want that to happen to Amber.

I am glad a reward has been posted in the amount of $5000.00, for information leading to Amber's safe return. We pray you are found soon, Amber.

sad333

• View Profile
« Reply #546 on: October 18, 2011, 10:43:43 AM »
Well one thing I do not understand, if the police have no idea who did this why are they saying the neighborhoods are safe and not to assume they are unsafe. If this is a random kidnapping is anyone really safe until this is solved??

sad333

• View Profile
« Reply #547 on: October 18, 2011, 10:57:43 AM »
PC  it almost seems that way.  They keep saying the same thing over and over. Your neighbourhood is safe. Well I would not feel very safe for my grandchildren if this is a stranger abduction.  They worry about rumors , well tell us that you have suspects instead of this is a case of a missing person. She didn't go missing on her own did she????

Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #548 on: October 18, 2011, 11:04:36 AM »
PC  it almost seems that way.  They keep saying the same thing over and over. Your neighbourhood is safe. Well I would not feel very safe for my grandchildren if this is a stranger abduction.  They worry about rumors , well tell us that you have suspects instead of this is a case of a missing person. She didn't go missing on her own did she????

Exactly! We either should be scared, or we shouldn't be because you have good reason to think who did "it" (whatever "it" may be). I know it could alert the suspect but it leaves the rest of us nervous and panicked.

Nish

• View Profile
« Reply #549 on: October 18, 2011, 11:11:23 AM »
Well one thing I do not understand, if the police have no idea who did this why are they saying the neighborhoods are safe and not to assume they are unsafe. If this is a random kidnapping is anyone really safe until this is solved??

Your logic in both posts is simply astounding.

1) By your first post it should okay for everyone to assume they should not drive on any road or highway because there is still the possibility that someone else could crash into you.

What I take from their statement is that they believe this to be an isolated incident and I am fine with that. If you want to cower under the bedsheets that's your perogative.

2) Your second indicates that instead of asking people to display some bit of self control vis a vis the posting of rumours that the cops should just give out whatever info they have.

This is completely false. The police, in an attempt to mete out some of the "bad" info they are getting and also to keep the community from winding itself into a frenzy, issued a plea for people to THINK before they mash the reply button on Facebook or an internet forum. There is nothing wrong with that request. You are not OWED an explanation, sorry.

Has anyone given any thought to the possibility that perhaps the police are staying quiet in order to AID THE INVESTIGATION? Your short term discomfort is worth it for the long term goals. EDIT: Your short term inability to post "facts" on Facebook or share them with gossip hounds, if that is indeed a want for some (which I strongly suspect), is worth it for the long term goals.

Nish
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 11:16:36 AM by Nish »

IMHO

• As the Name says- In My Humble Opinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: October 18, 2011, 11:19:31 AM »
Amber's parents stayed out of the limelight until just recently. I wonder if they were advised to pretend things were normal as far as the boyfriend goes?

The picture in yesterday's NG News on the front page had the BF and her mother arm in arm at the balloon launch on the weekend...I cannot imagine that is just for show to put him at ease.  If I thought someone hurt my child, I would not, under anyone's advice, be seen supporting or holding him up. They must be quite comfortable with the BF.  That in itself needs to give all of "us" pointing fingers some food for thought.

http://www.ngnews.ca/News/2011-10-15/article-2778698/Balloons-for-Amber/1 

misty

• View Profile
« Reply #551 on: October 18, 2011, 11:21:54 AM »
Amber's parents are going to believe the boyfriend, because the alternative means their child for sure isn't coming home.  It's the only hope they have to hang on to.

fromPC

• View Profile
« Reply #552 on: October 18, 2011, 11:24:13 AM »
My guess is just that. They are withholding info for fear of ruining their investigation.
They have to have all their ducks in a row before they make an arrest.

One slip up and the charges won't stick.

I feel the same as everyone else on here, in that my patience are wearing thin and need answers.

But at the same time I want the police to be able to do their job and if that takes holding things back then so be it.
But as you noticed that any searches done now are for evidence alone......
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 11:35:43 AM by fromPC »

Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #553 on: October 18, 2011, 11:31:37 AM »
Has anyone given any thought to the possibility that perhaps the police are staying quiet in order to AID THE INVESTIGATION? Your short term discomfort is worth it for the long term goals. EDIT: Your short term inability to post "facts" on Facebook or share them with gossip hounds, if that is indeed a want for some (which I strongly suspect), is worth it for the long term goals.

Nish

Absolutley I've thought of this. I know we aren't owed an explanation, and that they likely are keeping things from us as to not affect their case. However it's still ever present in my mind that the reality of this happening to one of my children, or myslef is a lot more clear now. This whole thing has taken my blinders off.

Nish

• View Profile
« Reply #554 on: October 18, 2011, 11:39:00 AM »
Absolutley I've thought of this. I know we aren't owed an explanation, and that they likely are keeping things from us as to not affect their case. However it's still ever present in my mind that the reality of this happening to one of my children, or myslef is a lot more clear now. This whole thing has taken my blinders off.

Then likely my comments were not directed at you.

My guess is just that. They are withholding info for fear of ruining their investigation.
They have to have all their ducks in a row before they make an arrest.

One slip up and the charges won't stick.

I feel the same as everyone else on here, in that my patience are wearing thin and need answers.

But at the same time I want the police to be able to do their job and if that takes holding things back then so be it.
But as you noticed that any searches done now are for evidence alone......

Ding, ding, ding.