Author Topic: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011  (Read 1033733 times)

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
Re: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011
« Reply #526 on: October 18, 2011, 08:56:02 AM »
Pc glad to hear that, it was just a thought on ways people could help, as I know at times like this every one wants to help in some way.  Hoping yous can all pull together and hold on until this is solved and Amber is found.  Such heart break I know that.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #527 on: October 18, 2011, 09:00:23 AM »
Watchful I am with you on some of that.  kids do stick up for each other.   Wondering also if some of her girlfriends that she was with that night have secret.  We have all been young and know that girl friends share secrets that even the boy friends and parent don't know.  Was there some plan or something in the air that has not been brought up.  There has to be one sentence out there that will bring this to an end one way or the other.   Hoping today is the day that something is found.

oceansalt

« Reply #528 on: October 18, 2011, 09:00:39 AM »
I am not sure if anyone is providing food and refreshments to the Search Group eyeswideopen but that would certainly be a great idea. I was shocked last night when I went to a few places in town to do some shopping (New Glasgow). Everyone is talking about this case to others and the rumours are flying. Fingers are being pointed and people are saying things about what has been found at the Search sites. What amazes me though was seeing young people out on the street alone late at night. I grew up In New Glasgow and lived there till I got married then moved out to the rural area. When I was 19 (and that was more than 30 years ago) I would never have walked alone late at night. We travelled in pairs or groups. I know people are trying to remain positive but people need to be realistic as well. God forbid if something tragic has happened to this girl someone had to do it. The police may have some idea of who it is but we really don't know. What if that person is a threat and still roaming around the streets looking for another victim?

I never take the rumours as fact, the facts I take from the police or police statements.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 09:39:54 AM by oceansalt »

natesgirl1977

• "Every contact leaves a trace." Edmond Locard
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: October 18, 2011, 09:02:58 AM »
I think that if the police thought that there was an immediate threat to the public they would announce it in a bulletin.

Nish

• I can't get PTSD, I'm a carrier.
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: October 18, 2011, 09:08:39 AM »
What amazes me though was seeing young people out on the street alone late at night. I grew up In New Glasgow and lived there till I got married then moved out to the rural area. When I was 19 (and that was more than 30 years ago) I would never have walked alone late at night. We travelled in pairs or groups. I know people are trying to remain positive but people need to be realistic as well. God forbid if something tragic has happened to this girl someone had to do it. The police may have some idea of who it is but we really don't know. What if that person is a threat and still roaming around the streets looking for another victim?

New Glasgow is NOT Harlem. Or Moscow. Or Termiz. Or Bangkok. And the cops agree.

http://www.ngnews.ca/News/Local/2011-10-17/article-2779800/Police-caution-people-to-beware-of-rumours-in-case-of-missing-teen/1

From the article:
“If the wrong information does get out there, folks might begin to feel their neighbourhoods might be unsafe, and that’s not the case,” MacDonald said.

Nish

« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 09:21:31 AM by Nish »

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #531 on: October 18, 2011, 09:11:41 AM »
Police often do not make those kind of announcement as we well know.  Two example are Paul Bernado, they did not announce they had a serial killer on the loose even when he was the scarbor rapest.  Also the pig farmer out west, they did not announce that either.  Nor did they announce the bedroom rapes that raped 14 women in toronto in thier own bedrooms.  Police often keep something like this quiet so that a town is not insest with the knowledge.  Let today be the day she is found.

For fear of an attack I have to ask this question,  is there any doubt that she might have been upset about something and left on her own?  Just a wonder that I have to put out there as I don't think it has been asked/

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: October 18, 2011, 09:23:28 AM »
I've posted an article that was provided in a link, by natesgirl. There is some good advice here regarding rumours. Something that we are cautious about avoiding here as well.

Police caution people to beware of rumours in case of missing teenhttp://www.ngnews.ca/News/Local/2011-10-17/article-2779800/Police-caution-people-to-beware-of-rumours-in-case-of-missing-teen/1

oceansalt

« Reply #533 on: October 18, 2011, 09:33:24 AM »
Nish,

Your comment of "New Glasgow is NOT Harlem. Or Moscow. Or Termiz. Or Bangkok. "  I agree it is none of those places but things happen even in other places.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: October 18, 2011, 09:38:57 AM »
from Nish:
New Glasgow is NOT Harlem. Or Moscow. Or Termiz. Or Bangkok. And the cops agree.

I can't recall how many times I've heard people say "We never thought something like this could happen here."

Things like this can happen anywhere. In any town, in any neighbourhood, at any time of day. All you would have to do is read some of the cases on this board to see that. People often have a false sense of security, especially young people. Everyone thinks those kinds of things only happen to someone else, somewhere else.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #535 on: October 18, 2011, 09:40:37 AM »
Great idea to post this link.  As I am sure the people need to know that rumors can take the polices valuble time away from the actual search while they eliminate something that is simply a rumor. 

natesgirl1977

• "Every contact leaves a trace." Edmond Locard
    • View Profile

schooner

• View Profile
« Reply #537 on: October 18, 2011, 10:02:15 AM »
To the description that RJ and TRENTON MOM gave of the distance from MC's home to Dooley's and the two police forces working together: What I don't really get is if he was trying to avoid the police by waiting for Amber at Big Al's, why would he risk the drive from his house on Pictou Landing Road to drive up through Trenton? The police are often parked by the Power Plant and that road leads you to the Main Street of Trenton. Upon heading to New Glasgow he would have also risked another known spot for police...Trenton Works. I often remember them being parked on the main street of Trenton,across from Sam's Pizza, and even further up by Tim Horton's. I highly doubt that he would have taken the "back streets" the whole way there as afterall he was "TIRED".
   If they did have a fight and people saw that, I don't think anyone would think anything of it considering the bars getting out, one would only think ,oh those two are drunk and having a spat. I do feel though that whoever she went with she felt that it was okay and must have known them. Maybe a friend of MC's fooled her into thinking that MC sent them to pick her up.
   As for this parade....COME ON PEOPLE! Nobody probably even thought about requiring a permit for one and honking horns...Is that really necessary?
   Has there been any word if MC is in police custody? Also I saw somewhere in a previous post that Amber's family made a comment to MC: (MARJ KIRWAN) WE love you Mason,Amber couldn't ask for a better boyfriend. But she already knows that.Sure appears that they are supporting him unlike other rumors that are going around. Just wondering???
Schooner
P.S. sorry about the Bold, not too sure about working the format :-[
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 10:06:21 AM by schooner »

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #538 on: October 18, 2011, 10:05:56 AM »
Thanks for the update Nates

oceansalt

« Reply #539 on: October 18, 2011, 10:06:18 AM »
Amber's parents stayed out of the limelight until just recently. I wonder if they were advised to pretend things were normal as far as the boyfriend goes?