Author Topic: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011  (Read 1033617 times)

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
Re: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011
« Reply #480 on: October 17, 2011, 08:00:02 PM »
Thanks to both of u for the population concenses much appreciated.

RJ

• View Profile
« Reply #481 on: October 17, 2011, 08:01:01 PM »
Can any one tell me the population of NG and Trenton please and thanks.

Approx 13,000

wikipedia says approx 36 000 at last consesus for NG and 2700-ish for Trenton

There's only 44,000 in the entire county! New Glasgow is sitting at around 10,000 and 2,700-ish sounds right for Trenton. For those of you not from here, NG is really the "business" capital/main town; Trenton has one industry just re-opened but is mostly a bedroom community.

Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #482 on: October 17, 2011, 08:02:13 PM »
Can any one tell me the population of NG and Trenton please and thanks.

Approx 13,000

You are right! I didn't read far enough :)

wikipedia says approx 36 000 at last consesus for NG and 2700-ish for Trenton

I believe that it for pictou county as a whole.

New glasgow - http://www.newglasgow.ca/business/support-for-business/demographics-mainmenu-96

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #483 on: October 17, 2011, 08:03:47 PM »
Hags a rumor is just exactly that A RUMOR.  I hope the citizens of this town realize that rumor seriously hamper the investigation.  It takes the police away from investigating the real things as time is wasted on rumors.  It is quite likely people heard a lot of screaming and yelling which is quite common when a bar lets out at closing time.so it may well have been just that possibly.

Hope this is solved soon as we can see that it is tearing this town appart, dangerously.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #484 on: October 17, 2011, 08:06:46 PM »
Thanks Rj and everyone for the help with the population and size of the town and neigboring town give a better prospective when your not frome there.  Much appreciated.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #485 on: October 17, 2011, 08:09:29 PM »
Concerned, I would think that is what the police are doing now by searching his care and area, working to rule him out,  Or god forbid if he was guilty they would find that as well.  I believe the town needs to get a little calmer so it doesnt hinder the police investigation.  Rumour as well as kids searching on there own will only hamper the search and possibly destroy evidence.

Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #486 on: October 17, 2011, 08:10:00 PM »
I've said it before - I wouldn't think twice of questioning a scream, squeal, car doors slamming, etc after a bar closing downtown. Sad to say that I could has missed it myself if I had been there.

I also wonder why he never comes out and said "I didn't do anything to her" or "I'm not involved". Why wouldn't he defend himself that way? Would he be advised to avoid that? Maybe by a lawyer?

Oryx

• View Profile
« Reply #487 on: October 17, 2011, 08:11:44 PM »
Concerned, I would think that is what the police are doing now by searching his care and area, working to rule him out,  Or god forbid if he was guilty they would find that as well.  I believe the town needs to get a little calmer so it doesnt hinder the police investigation.  Rumour as well as kids searching on there own will only hamper the search and possibly destroy evidence.
Had he been ruled out or had answers to these questions, proof of his whereabouts, the focus would be on other avenues, one would think.

I completely agree with this. But that is up to those investigating Amber's disappearance. I would say from the interviews and his willingness to cooperate with the police, that it was up to them when and if they did this.  Perhaps the reason why they are performing these investigations now, is because they have nothing else to go on? The article in the Evening News that I posted mentioned that tips have been called in based on rumor. This completely hampers any investigation.

sad333

• View Profile
« Reply #488 on: October 17, 2011, 08:16:22 PM »
Eyes for Lies certainly had Penny Boudreau down pat. She had every sign she was lying.

Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #489 on: October 17, 2011, 08:22:03 PM »

(I saw his post and read what was written before he had the chance to delete it, so I know it is true).

I saw it too. Seems like anything that gets posted that's not police verified that makes any sense gets deleted. People are so scared of a bad ending they can't even read it about the possibility.

fromPC

• View Profile
« Reply #490 on: October 17, 2011, 08:22:22 PM »
Debbie .....TY , I already read RJ's post ......I actually wrote the same thing earlier today. I was excited to read someone else had the same thought.

IMHO

• As the Name says- In My Humble Opinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: October 17, 2011, 08:28:37 PM »
Are these people crazy.?????  A freekin' parade with horns honking.  Who is the brain trust that thinks this stuff up??  I cannot think that her mother and father would allow this to happen. Someone call the town hall and plead with them not to issue the parade permit.

I appreciate the need for awareness, but is there anyone in Pictou County that is not aware?????

http://ngtalks.com/?p=296

Sorry for the rant, but I would be mortified at this type of display if my child was missing....

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #492 on: October 17, 2011, 08:31:08 PM »
Okay everyone this post is getting away from being about Amber again and getting to be pure speculation.  Lets leave that the police.  All that can do is hurt and rile people up.  I think that is not a good thing to do as it takes away from the search for Amber. 

fromPC

• View Profile
« Reply #493 on: October 17, 2011, 08:33:53 PM »
IMHO ......LOL, they were actually going to fill the cars with balloons too and release them as they drove. Thank god they chaged theirs minds on that.

Oryx

• View Profile
« Reply #494 on: October 17, 2011, 08:34:41 PM »
Are these people crazy.?????  A freekin' parade with horns honking.  Who is the brain trust that thinks this stuff up??  I cannot think that her mother and father would allow this to happen. Someone call the town hall and plead with them not to issue the parade permit.

I appreciate the need for awareness, but is there anyone in Pictou County that is not aware?????

http://ngtalks.com/?p=296

Sorry for the rant, but I would be mortified at this type of display if my child was missing....

No arguments from this peanut gallery.  I think it is unnecessary.  Has there even been a permit asked for?  There's support, then there is over-the-top.  The Balloons were beautiful. This is ridiculous.   There is my "humble opinion".