Author Topic: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011  (Read 1034224 times)

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
Re: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011
« Reply #450 on: October 17, 2011, 07:00:01 PM »
New Glasgow comes under Trenton?  Is this paint factory in Trenton or New Glasgow.? Where is New Glasgow in relation to Trenton - close by, doesn't it have it's own police and firedepartment (New Glasgow)? Confusing.

JB

ng.guy

• View Profile
« Reply #451 on: October 17, 2011, 07:03:38 PM »
http://www.ngnews.ca/News/Local/2011-10-17/article-2779801/Mayor-frustrated-over-fire-at-boardedup-building/1
Sorry for the misinformation i posted before!
I drove by and did not see any activity or smoke so I thought it was false info.
Apologies

Oryx

• View Profile
« Reply #452 on: October 17, 2011, 07:03:59 PM »
New Glasgow comes under Trenton?  Is this paint factory in Trenton or New Glasgow.? Where is New Glasgow in relation to Trenton - close by, doesn't it have it's own police and firedepartment (New Glasgow)?

JB

The road that Big Al's is on, is Trenton Road. Dooleys is located on Archimedes Street which turns into Trenton Road.  Tibbett's is located on Glass Street is located in Trenton, just after the town lines.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&q=Glass+Street,+Trenton,+NS&gs_upl=977l6278l0l6553l25l21l0l1l1l0l409l4364l0.3.11.2.1l18l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw=1280&bih=660&wrapid=tlif131889977192310&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x4b5c1edaa9bef489:0x69b060d26b05e498,Glass+St,+Trenton,+NS&gl=ca&ei=PNCcToynHKft0gGaucWLCQ&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CB4Q8gEwAA

Trenton does have it's own Police and Fire Depts.

Trenton Mom

• View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 17, 2011, 07:05:43 PM »

JB

Trenton is between New Glasgow and Pictou Landing (where Mason and Amber live) so if you continue walking past big Al's you will be in Trenton. I am not good with guessing distances so I'm not sure how far it is but it is probably 2-3 kms. Trenton and New Glasgow share police services but they have their own fire depts. The old Tibbet's paint building is just inside the Trenton town line.

Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 17, 2011, 07:06:08 PM »
Trenton and NG are right next to each other - Amber went missing right on the border between the two.

This was just sent to me from my friend:

"so people just screamed and jumped at my moving van tonight because they were carrying a sign with amber's picture on it. The only words i saw were "missing" and "honk"... I kept driving not knowing what exactly they were doing,  and they were screaming at me "you stupid (censored) bitch... what will honking do? do you know???"

^ This stuff really bothers me. People causing un-necessary commotion while trying to get attention for themselves. I understand spreading the posters around but to harass the public for living their everyday life DOES NOT HELP. Ugh.

Oryx

• View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 17, 2011, 07:08:39 PM »

JB

Trenton is between New Glasgow and Pictou Landing (where Mason and Amber live) so if you continue walking past big Al's you will be in Trenton. I am not good with guessing distances so I'm not sure how far it is but it is probably 2-3 kms. Trenton and New Glasgow share police services but they have their own fire depts. The old Tibbet's pain building is just inside the Trenton town line.

Trenton Mom, I was unaware that Trenton also shared police services with New Glasgow! Thank you for updating me. :)

fromPC

• View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 17, 2011, 07:09:53 PM »
sad333 .....MC would not be seen on camera inside of Big Al's as it is closed at that time.

Camn06 ....That's what I stated earlier as well. Perhaps she continued on because he was not there yet knowing he would see her when he did pass by. That's what I would do ....rather than crossing the street and standing in Big Al's parking lot alone.

Oryx

• View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 17, 2011, 07:15:39 PM »

^ This stuff really bothers me. People causing un-necessary commotion while trying to get attention for themselves. I understand spreading the posters around but to harass the public for living their everyday life DOES NOT HELP. Ugh.

Jay, all you can do is ignore them.  The kids in Pictou County have a lot of useless time on their hands.  We have seen a lot of hassle in the past two weeks from various locations......from posters being vandalized, to buildings. Idle hands, idle minds. I will say this much, the tension this community is under, and the rumors flying through the schools is horrendous.  Young children are coming home telling their parents the horrible rumors they have heard. It's frightening. I'm so glad my children are too young to be privy to this. The most I get is my oldest one asking me who "the girl" is.  It's been very hard to explain.

So Oryx, are you saying that the news report is actually saying that the fire has nothing to do with Ambers case  because three teens were seen running from that area?  ...or are you just assuming this?

I do believe I posed it as a question. The article is not stating it is relevant to Amber's case, and only mentions the three kids fleeing the scene.  To make it relevant to Amber's case you would need to be "assuming" it was.

Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 17, 2011, 07:15:52 PM »
Personally I think it's dangerous the way people are carrying on. Doing there own "searches" and going door to door, poting posters on edges of hughways, etc, etc. Leave things to the trained pros!

Did anyone see the FB posts from MC's FB acct? I won't post them here, but they are on Eye's for Lies. His explantaion of some of his behaviour.

RJ

• View Profile
« Reply #459 on: October 17, 2011, 07:16:43 PM »
Did someone state the sidewalk was on the opposite side of the road as to Big Al's? As someone else pointed out, which I have been thinking about all along, Amber left before her boyfriend there, perhaps walking by she seen from across the street(given the sidewalk is on the opposite side) that her boyfriends car was not there yet, and continued down the road towards the direction he would be coming from. Perhaps to meet him so he wouldn't be so close to the police and risk his licence being taken. I for one have walked over 5km home from the bar because I wouldn't call my boyfriend to pick me up knowing he didn't have proper insurance and his licence id on him, and believing my community is safe. Being able to drive is an important part of our lives, having to get to work, school ect. Just a thought..

That's correct - there's a sidewalk on one side only, the same side as Dooly's but opposite Big Al's. The side with the sidewalk also has the streetlights on it, but it's still very dark at that corner. I drove by tonight, and while I could see two people walking along there and one woman literally hitchhiking in the spot Amber disappeared (!) I couldn't pick out their features. After that, it became more plausible to me that a teenage girl might've walked along and really not been noticed by people.

I've really been stewing this over, and I'm thinking that once she left Dooly's, no one really watched her walk away. Her friends were getting in a cab and no one who wasn't particularly interested in her (as in an inappropriate interest), really would've watched her go. It could've happened anywhere along there. How fast can something happen? Pretty darn speedy, I think.

So off she goes down the street, she's in an area with some trees and brush, it's dark, she's tired, drunk, just wants to go home to bed, so she continues on towards home when she doesn't see his car. Once you get past Big Al's, there are a few side streets, and then the s-turn. I honestly don't know if, before all this happened, that I'd look out if I heard a girl yell while I was in bed/asleep. I bet a lot of people wouldn't, if they even woke up. Yes, it was hot during the day, but I well remember being outside and the weather turning darn cold by the time dusk was out. I'm pretty sure I even shut my windows that night. Would I hear someone scream, especially if my house was set back from the road like a lot are there, and if I'm used to the traffic from the bars? Maybe not.

That said, while I'm not pointing the finger at the boyfriend, I think that this wasn't a stranger abduction. I think it was someone she knew, who offered her a ride and she took it, and it went bad.

Re: the search - I don't think they're looking for a body. I think they're looking for a weapon. I have no proof, but something doesn't really sit right with me the way they're focusing the search the last few days.

Re: the fire - Trenton and New Glasgow are smack up against each other. Trenton contracts its policing from New Glasgow, which is why NG could search Trenton for Amber, but had to bring in the RCMP when they wanted to spread it out further (not their territory, right?) Both Trenton and New Glasgow have their own fire depts, but they operate on a mutual aid system and can call each other in at will. From Dooly's, I would guess it's about 3 kms to the NG-Trenton border. If she was going to walk all the way home, though, it'd take her probably an hour to get out to the Big Gut bridge, it's quite a hike.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 17, 2011, 07:16:53 PM »
Did someone state the sidewalk was on the opposite side of the road as to Big Al's? As someone else pointed out, which I have been thinking about all along, Amber left before her boyfriend there, perhaps walking by she seen from across the street(given the sidewalk is on the opposite side) that her boyfriends car was not there yet, and continued down the road towards the direction he would be coming from. Perhaps to meet him so he wouldn't be so close to the police and risk his licence being taken. I for one have walked over 5km home from the bar because I wouldn't call my boyfriend to pick me up knowing he didn't have proper insurance and his licence id on him, and believing my community is safe. Being able to drive is an important part of our lives, having to get to work, school ect. Just a thought..
I don't know how old you are or if you are male or female, but to walk after 1:30 in the morning by yourself, is a very dangerous thing to do, be it a male person or female. We have heard too many stories about persons being assaulted or harmed late in the evening. But for any female to take it upon herself to walk home alone, it would be very unwise. Amber is missing and there are many across Canada still missing, they went out for a night on the town and separated from their friends and they were never seen again. 

Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 17, 2011, 07:19:49 PM »
ORYX - my 4 year old came home from preschool today, saw her poster and said "that's the girl that died Mommy". I tried to tell him that she got lost and can't find her way home.  Someone must have said something at school because he was later asking me "who killed her" "did that man do it" while pointing at strangers. His innocent mind doesn't understand these things but it's soooo hard to get them to understand.

Oryx

• View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 17, 2011, 07:23:02 PM »

Personally I think it's dangerous the way people are carrying on. Doing there own "searches" and going door to door, poting posters on edges of hughways, etc, etc. Leave things to the trained pros!

Did anyone see the FB posts from MC's FB acct? I won't post them here, but they are on Eye's for Lies. His explantaion of some of his behaviour.

The Eyes for Lies site is disturbing to me. It would appear that most of the information is misinformation, and it is over-run by teens and people with very biased opinions.  Also, if you noticed, it is a sales site for someone who "claims" to know when someone is lying, then offers a seminar at $200 a pop for law enforcement to take.  Just appears to be another scam to me.   I have tried to keep the basis of my knowledge from News reports rather than "copied text" which can easily be re-written and posted by others.

ORYX - my 4 year old came home from preschool today, saw her poster and said "that's the girl that died Mommy". I tried to tell him that she got lost and can't find her way home.  Someone must have said something at school because he was later asking me "who killed her" "did that man do it" while pointing at strangers. His innocent mind doesn't understand these things but it's soooo hard to get them to understand.

Jay, that distressed me. I would prefer to keep my child from being exposed to this. He is just like your young one...innocent.

fromPC

• View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 17, 2011, 07:23:32 PM »
RJ ....exactly!!!! Except she was not drunk ....she only had one drink.

Oryx

• View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 17, 2011, 07:28:37 PM »
Oryx, you stated this:  "this information is irrelevant to Ambers case..." (which is obviously not a question). That was NOT stated in the news report, so I believe you are assuming that it is not relevant to Ambers case...and we all know what asuming does, right? Just sayin'

;) I most definitely do. I also mentioned that I prefer taking my opinions from the news. This particular news article was not written in relation to the rest of the search for Amber's case. There was no mention of Amber Kirwan within the article, therefore it is most definitely not relevant to Amber's case.

Why is this even being discussed again?