Author Topic: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011  (Read 1021545 times)

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011
« Reply #375 on: October 17, 2011, 01:27:43 PM »
Earlier on someone had given a pretty detailed description of the area that Amber would have been walking in. It sounded fairly isolated in some spots. I wondered about the rooming house that was mentioned. There was also a house that had been converted into apartments. It sounded like this wasn't the best area of town and made me wonder about the types of people that may be living in those places.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 17, 2011, 01:33:04 PM »
Or....could Amber have just walked on past Big Al's and that is why she wasn't seen on the video? 

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 17, 2011, 01:40:18 PM »

I think she could have jobo. We really don't know how far she walked. She may even have gotten into a car at some point.....

Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 17, 2011, 01:42:14 PM »
I'm pretty sure the buildings in the area have been checked - they were searchng the area pretty thoroughly on Monday, but of course I could be wrong. If she walked past Big Al's Mason should have seen her (if he was there like he says). Plus the angle of the cam at Big Al's seems to be so that it would get the whole width of the street after the bend in the road. But I haven't seen any video from it so it's possible she kept walking on the opposite side.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 17, 2011, 01:46:38 PM »
If we knew for sure if Amber was upset before she left Dooley's it would help. 

IF  she was upset, she may have purposely avoided/ignored  Mason waiting at Big Al's.

Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 17, 2011, 01:48:34 PM »
If we knew for sure if Amber was upset before she left Dooley's it would help. 

IF  she was upset, she may have purposely avoided/ignored  Mason waiting at Big Al's.

Very true. I know it's something would have done at that age. I would have walked right past the store purposely to make him come after me.

meechie

• View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 17, 2011, 01:49:44 PM »
I have been following this thread for awhile now and I too hope she is found safe and I send prayers to her family.

I was just doing some looking on google to see if I could get a better understanding of where she was walking that night and I have to say after looking at the street view of the area I can assure I  would not be walking there in the dark, the bushes make it even more scarier and someone could of easily of been sitting in those bushes waiting I would of made my bf atleast meet me half way walking but thats just me because I am a big chicken, I don't even like to walk down to the end of my street at night just for that reason it is dark and not very well lit.

If you want to get a better of idea of where doolys is and big al's is just type in 109 North Provost St, New Glasgow, NS B2H2N6 in google maps on the left side a picture of big als will appear if you click on that it will give you the street view and you can follow the street all the way to doolys and see the area.. if your not sure how to make the map work just point the mouse ahead you will see a white circle if you click on that the map will zoom up there and take you along the route.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 17, 2011, 01:54:39 PM »
Thanks meechie. It is harder for those of us that don't live in the area to imagine what it looks like. I had read an earlier account and did get the impression that it was isolated. not somewhere I would want to walk alone at night either.

meechie

• View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 17, 2011, 01:57:28 PM »
I know what you mean Debbie after looking at the street view map those bushes on the one side of the road gave the street an eerie feeling and it shows it in the daytime I couldn't of even imagined how it felt at night, even though if you go down to dooleys there is more traffic and probably more lighting.

Like I said anybody could of been sitting in those bushes and you would never even see them until it was too late.

Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 17, 2011, 01:57:47 PM »
Growing up here like I did, I wouldn't have thought twice about walking that short distance. I probably would have walked a bit faster past the bushes, but with the activity of downtown so close behind, and activity of the store so close ahead I would never in a million years think something bad could happen in between :(

PleaseComeHome

• "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 17, 2011, 01:58:44 PM »
I hate speculating because it leads to nothing and I am not a trained police officer/professional. BUT. It could have been very easy for some random stranger to overhear her conversation about meeting her boyfriend at the store. And then followed her. But again I feel like someone would have saw SOMETHING. Or the cameras would have picked up someone leaving.

PleaseComeHome

• "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 17, 2011, 02:05:52 PM »
And it doesn't look like a very long walk but it actually is! Especially alone at night. Those bushes look absolutely terrifying! I would be so horrible if something happened to her because she chose to walk alone. We ALL have walked alone in the dark at one point when we knew we shouldn't have. We were just lucky.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 02:13:05 PM by PleaseComeHome »

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 17, 2011, 02:12:38 PM »
Growing up here like I did, I wouldn't have thought twice about walking that short distance. I probably would have walked a bit faster past the bushes, but with the activity of downtown so close behind, and activity of the store so close ahead I would never in a million years think something bad could happen in between :(

I guess we just get used to things feeling safe when we've grown up somewhere, because it always has been. I now realize that anything can happen anywhere, at any time of day.

I've seen cases where someone has vanished from a busy street, in the middle of the day, and no one has seen a thing.

fromPC

• View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 17, 2011, 02:16:43 PM »
It's not a far walk at all. The area that is by the bushes can be seen from Dolley's where people would have been outside and would see her. On the other side of the bushes you can be seen from Big Als. I have wondered if Amber had continued on straight because Mason was not there yet and she figured he would see her when he passed by her  and pick her up. Honestly that's what I would do if my drive wasn't there yet, Rather than standing there alone .... Al's closes at 1am

misty

• View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 17, 2011, 02:17:21 PM »
I don't know if this was brought up in this forum or not but I didn't see it when I was reading this thread.  If you are not from PC, and using google maps and type in Dooly's and Big Al's....the location of Big Al's is not correct on google maps.  Big Al's is in the opposite direction, on North Provost St.  It's a fairly large building on the map just before John St. to the north of Dooly's.